Being Romantic

L O V E

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
until a proper poster comes.
this shall have to do. :3
hope you enjoy this :)
sifany, check!
poster by -haebaragi <3


Choi Siwon was never one for being romantic. That was left to Tiffany; the one that always surprised him with her random presents, or kisses here and there. Compliments came easy from her, but for him, it wasn’t the same. He loved her, very much so, but didn’t show it that easily.  It had come completely out of the blue when he woke up one day — that he should try reciprocating Tiffany’s… romanticness.

And so he began to think about what he could do for his fiancée, pleased by the thought of her being surprised. But how? Tiffany wasn’t easily impressed, he knew that for one. He thought about going to Yesung, because Yoona always spoke of how he liked to shower her with love. (Although, if you ask Siwon, he’d probably say that Yesung went, often, over the top.)

He walked along the street to his home, tucking his hands into his pockets and looking around for inspiration. All of a sudden, a soft voice spoke and a pair of hands pressed onto his arm. He stopped, turning on his heel.

“Would you like a bouquet of roses for your girlfriend, Sir?” It was a girl, probably no older then twenty-one, and her voice was shrill.

Siwon was just about to decline the offer politely when he snapped his fingers, a look of (some sort of) enlightenment came upon his angular face. He let out a smile and nodded, saying that he would buy a bouquet of six roses, her favourite number. She thanked him profusely, but he thanked her in return, for he finally realized what he could do.

He headed back home and placed the bouquet of roses on the dining table, then took out his phone, typing away on the small keyboard.

TO: FANY

Fany, my dear, what do you
think of surprises?

FROM: FANY

Why good afternoon, honey.
Me? I love surprises. Why?
You planning one for me?
x

TO: FANY

Perhaps. You’ll just have
to wait and see about that.

He smiled with satisfaction, and kept away his phone as he began to make plans. Siwon wrote on his notebook, drawing out a timeline and going around the house to see how and what he could decorate. The surprise in his head was something he knew that Tiffany would absolutely love. His phone buzzed. Tiffany replied. He didn’t check, because he already knew what the text would say.

By the next morning everything was prepared. He rubbed his hands together as he woke up, muttering a silent prayer for things to go well. And then he stood up and got changed, sending a quick text to Tiffany.

****

FROM: SIWON<3
Baby girl! Rise and shine,
beautiful. Come by my place
at about eleven, ‘kay? And
the dress code’s casual.

TO: SIWON<3

Is this about that surprise
you were talking to be about?
And just so you know I have
been awake for an hour.
x

FROM: SIWON<3

Hmm. That’s for me to know,
and you to find out. And just
so you know, I’ve been awake
for two hours already.

TO: SIWON<3

Fine, fine. Whatever. See you
in a bit, love.
x

She yawned, messing her hair. It didn’t take long for her to dress up. She was quick and efficient, unlike most women her age. In short, quick and efficient basically described Tiffany’s personality. She got a lot of things done in the shortest possible amount of time, and makeup along with dressing was one of those things, so she didn’t worry when she saw that it was nine-thirty.

Tiffany wasn’t sure about whether Siwon was going to provide breakfast. Probably not though, she concluded, because both of them were early risers and ate breakfast promptly. She headed to the kitchen and made some coffee and toast, a simple yet quite filling meal, making breakfast something she never skipped.

As she waited for the toast to pop out of the toaster, she sipped her coffee slowly, wondering about what Siwon was up to. Also, he was acting a little out of character, and that worried her slightly. He was mischievous, but then again he knew his limits, and was even more so aware when it concerned her. Tiffany smiled, deciding to put aside her worries and enjoy what he had stored for her.

About half an hour later she was in a beige silk muscle tee, black shorts, and a denim jacket. She held a leopard print cross body bag, carrying her essentials. Light makeup was unnecessary but she did it anyway, all the while maintaining her naturally fresh, young and quirky look. As she turned into the street of where Siwon stayed, a storeowner came up to her and placed a necklace in her hand.

“For you, Miss.” She smiled warmly, and then made her way back to the store.

“Wait, free?” Tiffany stared at the crown necklace, sparkling in the light, confused by the situation. But the storeowner seemed to find nothing wrong, and nodded in agreement.

Tiffany couldn’t protest as another storeowner from the other side handed her a pair of sapphire blue dangling earrings, telling her that it was free, plus she looked beautiful. Tiffany blushed and thanked her but wanted to give it back. The storeowner of that store said that she was a very lucky woman.

And then, she continued walking (quite strangely), and got handed a bunch of other stuff, like a lollipop, sunglasses, perfume and hair band. Her hands were full, and someone offered her a plastic bag. Gratefully, she took it, but wondered about whether everyone had lost their minds today. And then it hit her.

Choi Siwon.

Tiffany widened her eyes in amazement as she stepped onto his front porch. Multi-coloured balloons were set up along the walkway to his house, and on his front porch was a huge balloon, with the words, Tiffany Hwang’s #1 fan. Tiffany laughed, then pushed open the door. Siwon was waiting for her by the sofa.

She placed her things on the ground and jumped into his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck. He chuckled, firmly putting his arms around her waist, pulling her close and brushing his lips past her cheeks.

“It was you, wasn’t it? All those free stuff?” Tiffany smiled, pecking his lips.

“A beautiful girl should get what she deserves,” he replied simply.

She laughed, and as he watched her, he felt happy. When she was happy, he was happy. Feeling happy was contagious, especially if it was Tiffany. He smiled, and caressed her cheeks. She held his hand there, and he leaned in to kiss her ever so softly.

The kiss was longer than usual, and left Tiffany panting slightly for a few moments, and Siwon, while waiting for her to catch her breath, kissed her forehead, nose, cheeks, neck, collarbone, down her arm and lastly her hand. She was slightly surprised, because Siwon wasn’t the kind of person to do this kind of thing. Reminding herself that this was a day to be carefree and happy, she accepted his kisses, and leaned against his frame, smiling.

****

“Your jacket, milady?” Siwon held his hand out, and she removed her jacket. “Why, I must say, you look exquisite today, milady.”

Tiffany blushed, but played along. “Oh, do I now, dear? Stop, you’re making me blush!” For a moment, he looked at her, and then they both exploded into laughter. It took them more than a mere minute to get over it and onto their bikes. Tiffany’s was pink (of course), and had a brown bow with white dots on it tied onto the handles. She loved it. “Is this bike rented?”

“Of course not! I bought it. It’s yours. And look, it has Tiffany written on it. The side, there.” He pointed out, and when she saw the inscription, along with a heart next to the ‘y’, she smiled fondly. A bike that she always wanted. She’d put it on her wish list for a long time, but never had a chance to buy one like this, with her name and all.

“I really love it. It’s perfect.” She smiled, kissing his cheek and pushing off. He chuckled, and began cycling behind her, then catching up within seconds. “You know,” he said, cheekily kissing her cheek while she cycled, “you look beautiful like this. Especially beautiful.”

Tiffany blushed. “In your biased eyes, perhaps. I’m not that beautiful in other’s eyes.” Siwon shook his head. “My eyes aren’t biased. I speak only the truth. You know that, Tiff.” She could only nod, laughing.

And just like that, a calm afternoon was spent. All that could be heard in the park was the rustling of the wind, children’s laughter as they chased each other in the fields, and the gentle teasing of Siwon occasionally, followed by her tinkling laughter.

Nothing too passionate, nothing too fluffy… just him, her, and a wonderful afternoon at the park.

****

“That… was… too amazing for words. Where’d you learn to cook so well? I doubt I’ve ever tried this kind of food from you!” Tiffany was shocked, and helped to clear the table. He took her hand and pulled her away from the table, telling her that he’d always had a thing for cooking, just that he never cooked for her that often to unleash his true skills. She wanted to continue cleaning the table, but he didn’t let her.

Instead, she found herself pulled all the way upstairs to the bedroom. His bedroom. Which was decorated too. The lights were dimmed, and the bed was made neatly, around it were red rose petals and candles. The roses were the ones he bought earlier in the morning, and he’d scattered it randomly all around. It gave off a very calming effect.

And left her breathless. “Siwon…”

“Like it?” He smiled widely, getting onto the bed and pulling her along with him. She nodded, taking in deep breaths, resting her head on his chest. He held her hand, the engagement ring, and then kissed each finger slowly. “All for my beautiful princess Tiffany, no one else but you, princess.”

“When did you become so…” She bit her lip, trying to find the right word.

“Romantic?” He provided, kissing the top of her head.

Tiffany nodded slowly. “Yes… I suppose I could give you that. What gave you the inspiration? I mean, you’re never like this, and it’s not like it’s a special occasion, as far as I remember…” She creased her eyebrows, trying to recall anything, any date that could relate to that day.

“I don’t know. You’ve always done so many things for me… so I thought I’d have to try something too. And… this happened.” He laughed, pulling her closer, rubbing her back. “Well, this is perfect. I couldn’t have asked for more….” She whispered, yawning.

“Tired, Tiff?” He asked, to which she responded by nodding. “Sleep then… It’s certainly been a long day. Hold on.” He went to turn out the lights, then went around to blow off all the candles. Once done, he got back into the bed. Tiffany was already asleep. Chuckling, he bent down to kiss her forehead. She mumbled softly, “Best day ever…”

Siwon smiled. “Until our wedding day, beautiful.” The bed sheets were pulled over, and he shut his eyes, falling into a peaceful sleep, their breaths synchronizing. It was the moment before he actually fell into sleep that he concluded something…

It wasn’t that hard being romantic after all.