Omma and Appa's Love Story

L O V E

Omma and Appa’s Love Story

“Hana, it’s bed time now! Hurry, go on to sleep before the night monsters come out to scare you!”

Donghae picked Hana up from the couch and carried her back to the bedroom, with his wife, Jessica following behind him.

“Yah, Donghae I told you not to scare her with that already! She gets scared very easily and you know that.” Her threatening voice resounded along the walls of the corridor and made him chuckle.

“Our Hana is very brave, right, Hana? Omma thinks you’re a wimp. Quick, tell her you’re not one.”

“But appa,” she shook her head innocently, “I am scared of the night monsters!”

Jessica laughed and took her from his arms, replying approvingly, “That’s my girl. See Donghae, I told you. I know Hana better than you do.”

He laughed light-heartedly and opened the door for her. She smiled and walked in, setting Hana down on the bed, patting her hair and combing through the short locks with her hand. The little girl smiled back brightly at her mother, sitting in her lap obediently.

“Hana, time to sleep now. Jessica, please put her to bed. It’s ten o’clock and the girl needs to get her sleep.”

“For goodness’ sake, Donghae, she’s six. It’s still early. And come on, I know you still want to play with her.” Jessica turned, holding Hana in her arms, and looked at him.

He rolled his eyes, joining the two most important females in his life on the bed. He would always remember the one thing he told Jessica when they had gotten married, “The next girl I’ll ever love will be our daughter.” That promise still rang true today, and was painted on their white bedroom wall decorated with several other murals.

“Omma, appa!”

“What is it?” Both of them chorused, smiling lovingly at Hana.

“I want to hear your love story.”

“What?” They chorused again, widening their eyes.

Jessica was the first to react to the strange, and slightly awkward situation. She chuckled softly, beginning to play with Hana’s hair again. She didn’t say anything though, deciding that Donghae would be the one doing the talking.

He snapped back to reality after a moment of zoning out, and smiled, moving Hana onto his lap, and backing up against the bed frame. He took Jessica’s hand and led her to sit next to him.

“Omma and appa’s love story? It’s a bit long you know, Hana-ah? You have to promise not to fall asleep. Omma might get mad.” He turned to kiss Jessica quickly on the cheek before looking at Hana again.

“Neh, appa. Hurry with the story already!” She whined.

“Okay, okay. So it starts when we were in… high school? Yes, high school. Appa and omma were classmates for a lot of our classes. See, we had nothing in common at all. Omma liked raspberry ice cream, I liked vanilla; I liked fish, omma hated animals; the list goes on… But one day, when we were assigned to be partners in a project, we became friends.”

Jessica decided at this point to continue the story.

“Your appa grew to like me a lot, and I’m just shortening this but he did many things for me. Like in classes, he would bring coffee to make sure omma didn’t fall asleep, or during lunch he would drop an apple on my plate, that sort of thing. After a while we began to realize that we’d become best friends, by some strange, yet nice reason.”

Donghae smiled at the memories, putting his arm around her shoulder, and kissing her head softly.

“My turn. So one day appa began to finally realize that I felt more than that for her. I felt like I had to do more, I had to be the first to wish her happy birthday, first to cheer her up when she was sad, first to say hello in the morning… Appa began to feel over-protective of omma, too protective in other words.”

Hana smiled, taking one of Jessica’s hands and playing with her fingers, listening to the story while at it.

“And then one day, on Valentine’s Day if I remember correctly, appa and omma decided to go for a short walk in the garden a walk from school. See the garden was really romantic, with trees and flowers and beautiful patches of grass…”

Jessica trailed off, looking into the distance fondly, smiling to herself.

“And I asked omma if she liked anybody. Omma said yes. I asked, ‘who’? Omma told me that she couldn’t say. I was confused. She then leaned over and whispered in my ear that I would be very surprised if I told her. I said to tell me anyway, so she took a paper from her bag and a pen, and wrote across the page, ‘I like you.’”

“Here comes the best part. Appa leaned over--” at this point, he actually leaned over, “and kissed Omma, telling her that I liked her too. I asked if she could become my girlfriend, and she nodded, blushing a little. I still remember that shade of blush on her cheeks.” He smiled, and kissed her gently on the lips.

“And that,” Jessica smiled, “pretty much concludes the story. The proposal and how we got married comes after that, but that’s another story all together. We’ll tell you some other time.”

“That was a pretty story omma!” Hana clapped her hands and whispered.

“Was it?” Jessica chuckled and kissed her daughter’s forehead. “Time to get you to bed now though.”

“Don’t want the night monsters do you?” Donghae piped up from the side.

Jessica hit him lightly on the shoulder, and picked a slightly scared, but still happy little girl and put her on her own bed. They shared one huge bedroom, simply because Jessica wanted it that way when they made their house. She felt that it was very ‘homey’. In between the beds, however, was a thin folding screen.

“Goodnight appa. Goodnight omma.”

“Goodnight Hana-ah,” they said, glancing at her one more time before returning to their own bed on the other side of the room.

Donghae sat on the bed and pulled Jessica to sit on his lap, pecking her lips softly, and put his arms around her waist.

“That was a nice story to tell wasn’t it, Sica-ah? I missed those times. I just hope Hana’s love story will be as wonderful as ours. That would be great, right?”

“I hope it’s better than ours. But I’m quite content with mine. I have the most perfect husband in the world. Handsome, charming, generous… I couldn’t ask for more.”

“Likewise to you, Sooyeon. I love you.”

“I love you too, always will.” 


AUTHOR'S NOTE: HaeSica? Check. This wasn't very difficult actually, considering it's my first time writing HaeSica. They are pretty cute, after watching their interactions and everything. I hope you liked this oneshot. And I think... HyoHyuk is next? We'll see, we'll see. Music: Y -- Super Junior