Connection

Soul Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: I've edited the previous chapter. I didn't change the plot though, just a few words and typos

 

***

 

Connection

 

 

 

 

The two girls sat at the edge of the river, dipping their bare feet on the precious water while their pants are rolled up to their knees. The identical chuck taylor they both accidentally wore were left under the apple tree along with their socks. And yes, they walked around barefooted.

 

 

"So giant..." Tiffany started. Both of them gave each other nicknames; 'giant' for Sooyoung since she was weirdly over-grown for a girl and 'mushroom' for Tiffany. Even though their endearment sounds funny, it's still something they cherished since they knew nothing from each other.

 

 

Sooyoung hummed, her eyes not leaving the crystal clear water where their feet was placed, giving them a more relaxing feeling. It was a flowing river - maybe as high as the tall girl's waist. They were enjoying the fact that they can clearly see what's under it; little fishes, smooth grey pebbles and a few oversized black rocks that come in the water's way.

 

 

"...since we can't say our names or any personal facts, what would you want to do now? There's no point on chatting, right?" Tiffany stated. They tried exchanging informations but failed. It's as if the paradise restricted them to do so. Pondering about that matter was useless so they've come to a decision of giving up...but not fully. They'll wait for a miraculous second of the day where they can spill those words they wanted to share.

 

 

They knew they were lost and there's no way that they could easily find the way out of that eerie place. Instead of sulking and panicking, they decided to roam around and be comfortable with each other's company. They talked about random things, started teasing and playing with each other like normal friends do. Well, yeah...they guessed they're friends now. The connection they have is very different from what they shared from those whom they actually know.

 

 

Swinging her feet under the water, Sooyoung looked to her left, where Stephanie sat, and grinned before answering, "Hmm...want to swim, mushroom?"

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

"H-hey! Giant! That's cheating!" Tiffany shouted while laughing at her companion as they played for hours along the river. Sooyoung was sending waves of water to the latter's face using her long arms.

 

 

"What? No it's not! I'm just using my arms!" Sooyoung laughed. "It's not my fault my arms are long!" The two continued teasing each other. Every part of their body was now wet but it didn't stop them on playing with the water. They swim, catching each other then start bickering again.

 

 

 

Tiffany groaned and tried competing with the latter's level. Unfortunately for her, she wasn't as strong as Sooyoung. She was losing balance. Stepping back, she tripped on the stone underneath the water. Tiffany squealed before splashing hard against the water. She felt pain when her body slammed against the water then to the stones below. Her breathing was stopped and for a moment, she thought she'd drown.

 

 

 

"Mushroom!" Sooyoung swam to Tiffany, quickly pulling her up. Tiffany coughed, her eyes and nose are red. She almost cried. Her eyes were watery and her emotions are on the edge of releasing. Almost. But it didn't. It didn't because the moment she was about to, she felt something warm. Relaxing, comfortable warmth.

 

 

 

"Gods! I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter