Chapter 4

The Slave Auction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayoung finished every last bit of spaghetti on her plate. "That was delicious! Who taught you to use bay leaf in the sauce?"

"I don’t remember."

Since the heart-stopping moment a half hour ago when she’d thought Chanyeol was going to finish what they’d started in the limo, it had been a one-sided conversation. While he’d fixed dinner, she’d done all the talking.

In his dark restless mood, he reminded her of Heathcliff. Through Kyuhyun, she’d found out Chanyeol’s fiancée had been killed in a car crash in college. Evidently he’d never gotten over the tragedy. It explained in some part, at least, why he was still a bachelor.

Nayoung wondered what kind of woman had held Chanyeol’s heart this long. To get him to talk about the past would probably require powers she didn’t possess, but now was her opportunity to try to accomplish the impossible.

After swallowing some ice water she said, "There’s a roll of cookie dough in the fridge. If you’ll slice it and put the sections on a cookie sheet, we can have dessert in ten minutes. I’ll turn on the ov — Oh! That’s my cell phone."

That would be Kyuhyun. It was his idea to make Chanyeol jealous. Anything to help love along.

She started to get up from the table, but Chanyeol moved like lightning and retrieved it from the kitchen. She’d thought he’d looked grim before…

"It’s Kyuhyun"

She made no move to take it from him. "He can wait until I decide to call him back. I talked to him when I got home earlier and told him I was going to be tied up all week."

At her remark, something flared in the depths of Chanyeol’s eyes.

"Not that kind of tied up, if that’s what your male imagination was thinking. You’re a deep one, Park Chanyeol," she drawled, eyeing him with a mischievous smile on her face. "Here I thought you hated the idea of being sold off as a slave for some woman’s pleasure. Underneath, you men are all alike, aren’t you?" she persisted in taunting him.

The skin around his lips went a bluish–white showing he was barely restraining his anger.

"When you’ve done the dishes and turned off the lights, come in the living room. I’ll be waiting for you."

After picking up the box of truffles, she started out of the dining room, then swung around. "Before I forget, give me your cell phone."

His searching gaze never left hers as he slowly pulled it from his pocket and handed it to her.

"You’re such an obedient slave, I’m convinced you’ve done this kind of thing before. However I think it’s time we established a few ground rules. While you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter