Chapter 3

The Slave Auction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hi… How can I help you?" The salesgirl at the mall eyed Chanyeol with an invitation that said he could get as personal as he wanted.

She’d picked the wrong man today.

His palm still held the list Nayoung had asked his secretary to type for him. What had happened to the woman he thought understood him so well? The person he’d begun to think was the woman for him? He could have sworn she was different from all the other females out there.

"I need a pound of Godiva amaretto chocolate truffles."

"Would you like a sample while you’re waiting? You can pick anything that looks good to you."

"No, thanks."

He’d trusted Nayoung, and she’d made a fool of him by forcing him to be her slave after all. Never mind that he’d regretted letting her leave the limo the other night.

By damn, she was going to pay!

Tonight he would show up at her apartment to give her the candy and long–stemmed red roses she’d demanded. She could forget dinner at the exclusive Oh’s Grill, where he was supposed to have made reservations for them. He had a little surprise for her. One she wouldn’t be counting on…

Nayoung peeked out the window in time to see Chanyeol’s sleek black car pull up to the curb in front of the duplex where she lived. If she knew him as well as she thought she did, he’d show up in casual clothes, hand her the gifts and tell her their work association was terminated as of now.

Sure enough, as he started toward her door with his arms loaded, she noticed he was wearing chinos and a sports shirt.

Straightening her shoulders, she walked over to the foyer and waited for the buzzer to sound.

Once again his face underwent a distinct transformation when she opened the door and he discovered her in a pair of jeans, cotton top and sandals rather than formal evening wear.

"Come in, Chanyeol."

Like someone in a trance, he slowly entered the hall and shut the door, leaning against it as if he needed the support.

For the second time today his hooded gaze swept over her in intimate appraisal, thrilling her to the very tips of the toenails she’d painted a dusky shade of pink earlier in the day.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter