Childhood memories and Heartbreaks

Take a chance on me

After a few seconds of silence and staring contest with the celebrity with hair colors silver, he bumped with, Luhan regained his senses and tried to apologize to the man because of his carelessness. He wanted to do it immediately because the last thing he wants is to be mobbed by Oh Sehun’s fans. He doesn’t want his body to be found lifeless somewhere out of public’s sight.

 

“I’m sorry” Luhan started. But Oh Sehun just stared at him for a moment, then walked straight passed Luhan and his friends as if he what happened a moment ago didn’t occur.

 

Everyone looked at the retreating figure but stopped midway and looked back at them, eyes staring directly at Luhan’s own, “Next time look at where you’re going” then walked again to the opposite direction.

 

‘Seriously?’ Luhan thought and he felt more irritated than as he was before.

 

---

 

It was lunch time already and the day couldn’t even get better for Luhan. He was late for class this morning because of that ‘Oh Sehun incident’. Deep inside his rational thinking he knows it’s not the latter’s fault but who can he blame if it’s not the silver haired boy right?

 

 He is sitting with his common friends, beside him is his bestfriend Xiumin, and opposite them are Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

 

“Apparently, our class had a big commotion this morning” Baekhyun started while Chanyeol is busy munching his sandwich beside him.

 

“How come?” Xiumin asked.

 

“The famous model, Oh Sehun is our classmate”

 

By hearing the name, Luhan sneered.

 

“God Chanyeol, you’re as clumsy as ever” Baekhyun scold Chanyeol once he saw the latter’s face filled with munches of bread. Then without spending a second passed, he took a napkin and wiped the taller’s mouth, like a mother would do to her baby children.

 

“Aww Sweet” Xiumin commented at the adoring sight.

 

Baekhyun blushed. “Shut up”

 

It was so obvious that Byun Baekhyun has a huge crush on the person sitting beside him, and that is Park Chanyeol. Him and the latter grew up together, Baekhyun being the mother figure to Chanyeol despite the fact that Chanyeol is taller, way taller than the former. But there is something in Chanyeol that despite being the younger and the baby type of the two, that makes Baekhyun’s heart beat a little faster everytime.

 

Like how Chanyeol would always comment honestly how beautiful Baekhyun’s smile is or how wonderful the smaller man’s voice when it sings.

 

Baekhyun really had it hard to breath everytime Chanyeol would clings to him like it was just their own world. Chanyeol is only his giant. Only him.

 

Luhan can feel the jealousy in his system while looking at the sight, how Baekhyun and Chanyeol being lovey dovey with each other.

 

He knows that both of them are hopelessly inlove with what they called ‘Childhood Bestfriends but are too chicken to admit it.’ He can feel the too much love atmosphere going on between the two and he can’t help but be a little jealous.

 

‘When can I have a lovelife as sweet as theirs?’ he thought and feel pain thugging at his heart.  Of course, he just got into a break up with a person he thought would be his ‘forever after.’

 

Looking at Baekhyun and Chanyeol, reminds him of something out of the blue.

 

“You know” He said to Xiumin, a little faint so that it won’t disrupt the lovebirds in front of them “Looking at them reminds me of my childhood”

 

“Why is that?”

 

“Well, when I was little, there was a kid I used to protect everytime other kids would bully him. And even though, kids keep on bullying him, he keeps on coming back.” Luhan reminisced, When he was little he lives in a neighbourhood where there’s a park that kids use as their playground, parents leaving them to play with other kids. He was one of the kids that looked beautiful on the outside but a tough kid on the inside (it is still obvious in his current facial features). No one dares to bully him or anything. But there is this one kid who looked so weak and shy, and other kids used this as a way to bully that kid and being the nice person he is, He protected him from those bullies.

 

“well, what’s the name of the kid?” Xiumin asked, disrupting Luhan’s train of thoughts.

 

The latter shook his head. He doesn’t really remember the name nor the face of the kid. “Weird, I only remember that he’s weak”

 

Suddenly his eyes fall into a certain someone in the cafeteria.

 

Oh Sehun.

 

Is he staring back at him?

 

Luhan dunks his head, being thankful for Chanyeol’s tall stature, letting him hide from the silver haired-boy’s gaze.

 

‘Wait? Why am I hiding? I didn’t do anything wrong to him’ he thought. He looked again and saw that the model was really looking at him.

 

Why does he keep on staring at me? Is he still angry?

 

He had a staring contest with the said man but after a few moments, his train of sight was interrupted when he was a certain blonde haired guy along with a tall black haired dimple guy familiar someone to Luhan.

 

 

It was Suho and Yixing, holding hands in the cafeteria.

 

And he heard his heart breaking in so many pieces.