Chapter 8

Triple Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ha Neul’s POV

“Are you going to tell them or should I do it?” I asked Jong In who was sitting nervously on the chair. We were at Xiumin oppa’s coffee shop. The kids were with Xiumin who was showing them how to make hot chocolate, on the other hand me and Jong In were sitting on the table waiting for them to come back. Today is the day we are going to tell them that Jong In is their real dad. Even if they have been calling him dad this past week today they are going to lean that he is their real father.

“I am so nervous… Can’t you be the one to tell them?” He was pouting his lips while showing me his puppy eyes… but nope this is something he has to say and not me. I am not going to interfere…

“Appa~ Look here!” the kids appeared behind us along with oppa who was carrying their hot drinks.  Ha Na had brought a painting she did on school, I was curious to see what it was too since she didn’t show me at home.

“What is it sweetheart?” he asked with a big smile. Jong In must really like the idea of them calling them dad, well what kind of father wouldn’t…?

“I drew something in school and I want to show you.” Jong In nodded his head. He put away his phone that was on top of the table and made place for Ha Na to place the painting in front of him.

“Do you like it?” she asked happily. I stared at it and there were five people and a house on the background…

“It’s beautiful. But who are those people?”

“This is me, Jong Ha oppa and Jong Soo oppa. This is mom and this is appa. And this is our home” she pointed at each and every figure making my heart break…  All of these years I was selfish to keep my children a secret from their father… not only did Jong In lost the first years of their life… but my kids too… they missed a person that should have been present from the first day of their life…

“Actually I think we should tell you something…” Jong In said with a hesitant and nervous voice. Why is he even worried, the kids love him even though they don’t know about him being their father they adore him just as much as he does.

“What is it appa?” Jong Soo asked… at first he was the one to be the most distant but now he is the one to approach him first… he even calls him appa, something I would have never imagined to come out of Jong Soo’s lips.

“So… do you guys… like… I mean would you…” he paused… aish he is being such a coward again!

“Do you remember when you asked about your father but I never said anything?” I decided to speak in his place, actually had I not done that then he might never do it. The three of them nodded their heads.

“Do you want to know about him know?”

“Our dad is Jong In…” Jong Ha said while drinking his chocolate,

“I mean your father…”

“Omma, what’s wrong with you. Jong In is our dad.”  Ha Na stared at me and then blinked her eyes with a pout on her face

“Yes you might be calling him like this but… Jong In is your real father.”  I stared at him, he was biting his plump lips while staring at his own hot drink. When I stared  back at them they didn’t have a surprised face… I wasn’t expecting them to be like this… shouldn’t they be extremely happy or sad or something?

“Is this what you wanted to tell us?” What?! Why is Jong Ha acting like this?

“Aren’t you surprised? Or… something?” Jong In asked with a worried face while staring at them.

“We already knew that Jong In is our real appa. Jong Soo oppa heard it the first time we met him.” They… knew… THEY WHAT?!  I shook my head in disbelief….

“If you knew why didn’t you say anything?!” I asked still shocked… I swear it was them who were supposed to be surprised but… here I am left dumbfounded by my kids… just whoa…

“We heard you telling him to keep it a secret… so we kept it a secret as well” Jong Soo said while staring at us. I turned to stare at Jong In… he still had a poker face on and no matter how hard I shook him he didn’t reply. Having enough of it I slapped the back of his head and he screamed in pain!

“Yah… why did you hit me?”

“Sorry… you seemed lost.” I crossed my arms in front of my chest and leaned back on the chair.

“So… you knew I was your real father?” they nodded their heads at the same time.

“Appa… we even look like you” Jong Soo said with a cute eye smile… well he is right. Jong Soo looks a lot like Jong In, Jong Ha is a combination of me and Jong In while Ha Na is just like me when I was a baby.

“Guys… can I hug you?” Jong In said with a shaking voice I turned to look at him… his eyes were watery and happiness was about to make him cry. The three of them got up and went over to Jong In hugging him…  what about me? Do I not exist here? It’s been so long since  me and my kids had a groups hug… I frowned and just took a sip from my coffee… Fine… Just ignore me, the person that brought you to life.

“Ha Neul are you fine?” Jong In asked me… I didn’t reply and just ignored them.

“Omma… are you ok?” Jong Soo came over to me. I nodded my head sulking.

“I think she got jealous…” Jong In said. Suddenly I felt him sitting me up from my chair and making me sit on his lap while wrapping his arms around my waist.

“Let’s hug mommy too” Jong Ha said and then the three of them joined the hug…

“Yah… people are watching us...” it was somehow un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter