Chapter 14

Triple Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong In’s POV

“Jong In… what is happening here?”  My mother and I had gone to my office, she even went as far as to lock the door… now how am I going to explain to her everything when she is this angry?

“Well… how can I say it?” I scratched the back of my head while she kept glaring at me

“Just tell me, what is Man Ha Neul doing in your house and on top of that with three kids?” she was almost yelling that’s why I told her to lower her voice.

“Mom… I’ll tell you everything ok? Just calm down for now” she sat down on the chair. Her anger is so obvious right now… I really thought she would have accepted her but why is she like this? I remember clearly that she used to like Ha Neul…

“So… explain to me what the hell is going on…”

“Ok… so first of all, you remember me and Ha Neul being in love right?” my mother nodded her head with her arms crossed

“You even had the illusion of being together forever”

“Just listen… Ha Neul left me because of a misunderstanding… and it was actually my fault, that’s why I am trying to make up for everything. You can’t imagine how happy I felt when I saw her after those years, even though I didn’t want to admit it I felt really happy.” She paused me

“And what about those three kids, what are they to you?”

“They are my kids, mom… I am their father. When Ha Neul left she was pregnant to them. Isn’t it amazing?” I smiled but my mother’s face was still sour and quite unhappy.

“Are they even yours?”  Why is she even asking something like this, of course they are my kids… they look like me when I was young, especially Jong Soo.

“Mom, I am so sure about them being my kids… You didn’t get to see them but if you do you’ll see how similar they are to me…” she sighed and got up from the chair

“Is that so?”  I nodded my head and I smiled at her but what she said next left me speechless 

“Then if they are really your kids, we’ll have to take legal action against Ha Neul and take the child custody.”

“MOM… what are you even talking about? I am not going to do something like this. I am going to get back with Ha Neul and be with the four of them as a whole family”

“Jong In, you are being irrational. How can you live with a woman that made you be in pain? I am not letting you be with her no matter what. Also, just because you are saying the kids are yours doesn’t mean they are. We have to do a DNA test. That’s when I am going to believe they are yours…” why is she acting like this? Just when things are starting to go well between me and Ha Neul, my mother all of the sudden wants me to send her away. Hell I am not doing it…

“Mom, forget it. Even though to you it seems stupid and irrational, to me it’s something very important. I can’t live without Ha Neul and our kids, I feel happy with them and also when I am around them I am the real me… By doing this… it’s like making me unhappy and miserable… do you really want to see me like this?”  She didn’t reply, instead she scoffed and unlocked the door ready to leave

“Mom… if Ha Neul and the kids are away from me… I don’t even know how I’ll be able to handle it… I can’t lose Ha Neul again…” I fell on my knees and lowered my head.

“Jong In… Tomorrow I’ll be back with your father. We are going to speak all together and I’ll get to see your so called kids…” she opened the door and walked outside. I followed her until we arrived at the door, she opened it and left without saying anything. What am I supposed to do? What if she really doesn’t accept Ha Neul and my kids? I can’t even imagine my life without them… I decided to go the room, I can’t tell Ha Neul what happened but I will have to tell her that we have to talk with them tomorrow.  I opened the room, Ha Neul was on the bed lying on the bed with her back turned. I approached her and sat beside her, her eyes were closed and she wasn’t sleeping, instead she wasn’t paying attention at all…

“Ha Neul, are you ok?” she turned her eyes to look at me and then sat up.

“Jong In… they things your mother said… they are not true right? You are not going to take my children away from me and then throw me away… right?” she was fiddling with her fingers… so she heard everything…

“Don’t worry, I am not going to do something like this. I am never going to throw you away and moreover take our kids away from you. No matter what my mother is saying, something like this will never happen.” She breathed in and then let it all out as a tear slipped from her eye, my heart was in pain from seeing her like this… she is crying because of me… it’s always because of me…

“Look… if something like what your mother said would happen… then I swear I am going to disappear for good along with my kids…”

“Please… don’t do it ok? I told you I am not going to allow something like this… Can’t you just trust me?”

“I can but only as their father… tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter