Introductions Part 1

New Life

I bow quietly in response understanding his Korean perfectly, but not saying a word because of my vow to not talk until I trusted these boys. Yon and Suho talk about my life here while I zone out and look out the window to the new environment.

            “We are here Kaiya. There are only 5 others home right now, so you won’t be completely swarmed by us at the beginning. I heard that you aren’t talking until you trust us, and that is perfectly fine. You can open up when you’re ready.” We walk into the large house and are immediately met with three faces.

            “Hi! My name is Byun Baek-hyun, but you can call me Baekhyun.”

            “I’m Kim Jong-in, but you can call me Kai.”

            “I’m Kim Jong-dae, but you can call me Chen. It’s nice to finally meet you.”

            “Where are Xiumin and Luhan? Kai, can you go get them please. Chen and Baekhyun, this is Kaiya. She isn’t going to speak until you prove yourself worthy or her trust, so don’t push your luck.” Suho says as my stomach growls at an embarrassingly loud tone. “D.O. should be back any second with food. I didn’t realize that you haven’t eaten. Did you eat on the plane at all?” I shake your head. “I’m sorry, I should have asked earlier.”

As if on cue, D.O. walks in with food. “Ah, hello. You must be the new girl I have heard about. I’m D.O. You must be hungry right? Come with me and I will show you the kitchen and the dining room. Suho-hyung, can you call everyone to dinner?”

“Of course. DINNER!” Suho yells as he walks around the giant house.

I flinched at the loudness of his booming voice. I took my place at the table and one by one, the dinning room is full with 7 of the 12 boys that I will now be living with. The two new faces introduce themselves as Xiumin and Luhan and I caught myself on more than one occasion staring at them. Over half of my favorite Kpop band is sitting right in front of me and I’m not even talking?! When did I become crazy? I yawn and Xiumin takes me to my new room, which is right across the hall from his.

“This is going to be crazy for a while, but I hope that you will open up to me soon because you seem like the kind of person I love talking to.”

I nod my head as I go into my room and close my door. I don’t even bother changing and go straight to sleep. I wake up at around midnight and realize how uncomfortable my new bed is. I slowly stand up to get myself a glass of water and next thing I know, Xiumin is shaking me awake.

“Why are you sleeping on the floor?”

“I’m sorry Xiumin.” I say without thinking. I immediately cover my mouth with my hand.

Xiumin smiles knowing that he was the first one out of the 12 to hear my voice. “Is your bed uncomfortable?”

I nod my head and Xiumin grabs my hand and leads me to his room. “I have an extra bed that is super comfortable. You can sleep here for tonight and then tomorrow we can switch this bed for the one in your room. Is that okay with you?”

“Thank you.” I say and seeing his surprised face at hearing me speak again, I said “I trust you. I might not know much about you, but I know that you are a responsible person who will help me. Now I have a question for you. Will you listen to me if I talk about my past?”

Xiumin’s surprised face slowly fades and he nods. “You can talk to me about anything.”

I spent the next hour telling Xiumin almost everything about my family and myself and at the end, I was crying. This was the first time I was crying since I heard the news. Xiumin hugs me until I stop crying. I fall asleep in his arms and he carefully tucks me into bed.