Arrivial

New Life

Once I sat in the very luxurious first class seats, I found out that we wouldn’t land for about 18 hours. I realize that we are leaving the country and I decide to try and fall asleep. I woke up as I felt the plane start to descend. I look over at Yon sitting beside me and notice that she is awake and looking over some papers. “Miss Yon?”

“Ah, you’re awake. May I help you dear?” she asks as she puts down her papers.

“Can I have an explanation?  Why am I being moved?”

“I found something perfect for you in a different country. A large family that is kind and can take care of you. Of course it will take a while to get used to, because they are quite a bit different from your original family. Also, since this move is a new start, your name has changed as well. Instead of Kailey, your name is now Kaiya. You will be moving in with 12 boys around your age. The oldest one is 21 and the youngest is 17.”

“Wait. I’m living with 12 boys? Why?”

“And they’re famous in their country. They are idols.”

Idols? Is she crazy? Me living with 12 boys that are idols?

“One last thing. They don’t know a thing about your past, so you can keep it a secret, or when you’re ready, you will have someone to talk to.” Yon says. “We are about to land. Any last thoughts?”

“I am not going to speak a word until I know I can trust these boys.” I whisper quietly, but loud enough for Yon to hear.

“If that’s what makes you most comfortable, then go for it. I will check up on you every now and then and I have already put my number into your phone in case you need me or just want to talk. I’m also here for you.”

Ding. “The seatbelt sign has been turned off. Be careful when opening the overhead bins for things may have shifted during the flight. Thank you for riding with us.”

I stand up and stretch as Yon grabs my bag from the overhead bin and hands it to me.  “Thanks Miss Yon.”

“You don’t have to use formalities with me dear. Ready to meet the boys?” She says as I shake my head rapidly. “Oh, you’ll be fine.”

We get off and grab our bags before I figure out where we are. “South Korea?! I don’t speak Korean!”

“Oh, don’t you lie to me now dear. I know that you can speak 7 different languages and Korean is one of them.”

“Who told you that?”

“One of your teachers when they came and identified you and your parents. I see one of the boys right now. Only one is meeting us here. Suho! Over here!”

Oh my God. That’s Suho from EXO. I’m staying with EXO? Should I pretend like I don’t know them? Good plan Kailey. Wait I’m Kaiya now. Why am I talking to myself in my thoughts? I’m officially crazy.

“Hey Yon. This must be Kaiya. My name is Kim Junmyeon, but you can call me Suho. I’m 20 years old and the leader of all of us.”