Prologue

J'aime ton sourire

Jiwon, Jinhwan and I have been very close to each other since we met. We always go to the same school and the same class. We are inseparable, bural chingu who always be together.

 

We live on a southernmost small island of this country, near the strait of Korea. The beach has become our favorite place since the beginning, because it always be there. And for me it's because the beach was the place where Jiwon and I fated to meet Jinhwan for the first time.

Whatever we do, wherever we go, we always hear the sound of seagulls and waves calling back and forth to each other and the calming sound of waves hitting the sand. Small crabs will show up from their hiding places in white sand, leaving small footprint-like traces that will be swept away with a few waves.

On our way back home from school, Jiwon and I - with Jinhwan carried on the back of my bicycle, will always ride our bicycles through wet white sand, and sometimes stop to waste our day on the beach, sunbathing and watching the Sun sets on the horizon. The thick aroma of the sea will always be there, making our bodies from heads to toes sticky and moist.

But we love it - Jiwon, Jinhwan, and I.


A/N: I just want to explain how important the beach for them. I'm so sorry it's a little bit boring. But... Please give any comments!  Don't be a silent reader, okay?