Chapter 2

Immortals

“We’re here,” Eunhyuk says suddenly, bringing Kyuhyun to a halt. Relief is his first reaction, since he’s been walking for over an hour with a bag of all the food and clothes that he can carry, and he’s exhausted. Then it’s confusion, because how in the world was anyone supposed to distinguish this spot from any other? Sure, there was the group of rocks, but they’d passed identical places on the way here. How was someone━wait.

 

“Is it the flowers?” Kyuhyun asks, gesturing to the red-gold plants that bloom near the rocks. “How to tell where you’re hiding out, I mean.”

 

Eunhyuk nods. “Good guess. These aren’t native to the area, so we transplanted them here to find our way back. The catch is that anyone from the Capital, Drones included, won’t realize that they’re out of place.”

 

Clever.

 

“But it’s not as awesome as the actual hideout,” Donghae pipes up. “Just wait until you see the Bunker. I always love the expressions on the new recruits’ faces.”

 

“What makes you think that I’m the type to swoon over your super secret Hobbit hole?”

 

Kyuhyun isn’t even finished with the remark before Eunhyuk is crouching down next to one of the rocks. He presses his thumb into what Kyuhyun can now see is a cleverly-disguised sensor, and a panel slides aside, creating a yawning opening the ground. Even Kyuhyun has to admit that the entrance, at the very least, is something to brag about.

 

Eunhyuk stands. “You need a valid thumbprint to get into the Bunker, obviously,” he says to Kyuhyun. “We’ll add yours to the database after you complete your first mission. But once you’re in the system, the most important thing to remember is that the entrance needs to be re-armed every time it’s used. After we go in, there’s another keypad on the inside. It only takes a second, but if someone forgot, anyone could get in. That’s how our original members were able to start using it as a hideout in the first place. Understood?”

 

“Sounds simple enough. Now are you going to try and impress me or not?”

 

He gets an eyeroll in return, along with an over-exaggerated gesture at the revealed stairs. “Lead the way.”

 

~*~

 

As it turns out, the inside of the Bunker is just as surprising as its entrance. The rats, broken pipes, and generally creepy atmosphere Kyuhyun was expecting (it is a hole in the ground, in his defense, if a very high-tech one) are the opposite of what he discovers; the long staircase leads down into a well-lit central room, and there are two hallways extending from either side, as well as two sets of stairs leading up and down a level, respectively. Another entryway leads to a room in the back, but Kyuhyun can’t see what’s inside.

 

Yah, Eunhyuk! You dragged in another lost puppy?”

 

While Kyuhyun was putting down his bags, another man had emerged from one of the hallways , looking at him with one eyebrow raised and an unimpressed expression on his face. As the man walks over to them, however, Kyuhyun is too distracted by the dark-reddish mop of hair on his head to feel too judged.

 

“It was Yesung’s idea,” Eunhyuk mutters before introducing them. “Kyuhyun, this is Heechul. Heechul, Kyuhyun.”

 

They briefly greet each other before Heechul crosses his arms and says, “Just so you know, there’s no need here for honorifics or even last names. We’re all equal, regardless of age, in the eyes of those dimwits running the Capital ━ equal in that they think we’re all vigilante wannabes, but still ━ so we ran with it. And avoiding our full names protects our identities in case some of our members’ families are still alive. Though some people,” he says pointedly, smirking at Eunhyuk, “even went as far as changing their first names because they wanted to be cool.”

 

“What, you’re getting on my case, but not Yesung’s?”

 

Heechul shrugs. “You’re more amusing to make fun of. More importantly, Newbie, are you any good at fighting against brainwashed Drones, dismantling a corrupt oligarchy, and most importantly, not dying?

 

“Hopefully better than someone was at giving you a dye job,” Kyuhyun says before he can stop himself, and immediately wants to shove his foot into his mouth.

 

One, two, three beats of silence, and then Heechul lets out a surprised bark of laughter. “I like this kid! Alright, he can stay. Eunhyuk, go get Leeteuk, and Donghae and Yesung can get the others; let’s give the newbie a proper welcome.”

 

“Got it.”

 

“Fine.”

 

“Oh, and send Sungmin ahead of the others. I’ve been told his introductions are apparently more appreciated than mine.”

 

The group splits up, leaving Heechul and Kyuhyun behind, but not before Donghae claps Kyuhyun on the shoulder, saying, “And if Heechul starts to make you uncomfortable, just call and I’ll come running.”

 

“Uncomfortable?” Heechul snaps at the other man’s retreating form. “I have standards, Donghae!”

 

“Whatever stops the tears,” Eunhyuk says dryly before retreating upstairs.

 

“Easy for you to say with a face like yours! You brats and your lack of respect these days…” Heechul turns back to Kyuhyun. “But as I was saying...are you listening to me?”

 

“Hmm? Yeah, go ahead.” Kyuhyun zones back in, aware that his eyes had been following Donghae’s exit for just a beat too long. It’s not like he was trying to be creepy about it; he can just appreciate nicely-toned biceps and...god, it sounds stupid, even in his own head. Heechul’s grinning at him like the cat that caught the canary, so it looks like there’s no getting out of this one.

 

“So, Kyuhyunnie, I’m guessing I can add you to the list of people who’ve had a thing for Donghae, then?”

 

“Don’t call me that.”

 

“I’ll take that as a yes. Don’t worry; you’re not the first. He’s very...affectionate. And he’s not exactly bad-looking.”

 

“Can we not talk about this?” Kyuhyun’s doing such a great job with first impressions so far. Before, he was the brat with a temper, and now he’s the idiot with a middle-school crush. Which he does not have, he should point out ━ it was only a lingering thought that had grown out of gratitude for the earlier rescue.

 

Out of the corner of his eye, Kyuhyun sees yet another Resistance member come in from the hallway. With a sympathetic glance at Kyuhyun, the newcomer asks, “Heechul, are you hitting on the new guy again?”

 

“Why is that everyone’s assumption!? Besides, Sungmin, you seem to have forgotten that one time that you━”

 

“Heechul.”

 

“Fine, I get it.” Heechul’s temper dies down enough for him to continue. “Sungmin, Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun, you can figure it out. Sungmin here joined a while ago, and we let him in because he’s loaded with cash. I’m kidding, Sungmin; don’t make that face. In all seriousness, though, his parents helped him get out of the Capital with the family fortune after his father was letting everyone know just how full of Mayor Park is. We picked him up at one of the Clusters, put him on Boom Squad, and pretty much survive on his cash reserves. And in case you two hit it off, I happen to know that Sungmin also has this kink━”

 

“Kim Heechul! We’re in charge of introductions, not emotionally scarring whoever walks through the door!”

 

“It was for your benefit!”

 

Sungmin rolls his eyes and turns to Kyuhyun. “I’m sorry about him. You’re probably standing there having no idea what you’ve signed up for by joining us, right?”

 

“The others weren’t exactly the explaining type,” Kyuhyun agrees. “All I’ve heard is that the politicians don’t have an honest bone in their body, which I knew, and Donghae mentioned brainwashing. That’s about it.”

 

“It’s fine,” Sungmin says with an easy smile, waving away Kyuhyun’s concerns. “That’s more than the people living in the Capital know. Here are the basics: the ‘great’ people in charge are tricking the citizens into thinking their lives are perfect, while they’re kidnapping Outsiders from their villages, along with any opposition inside the city walls, and putting them in prisons until they can brainwash them and make more Drones.”

 

“And you’re trying to save them.”

 

Sungmin’s smile falters. “The ones that haven’t been brainwashed yet, yes. But the ones who have…”

 

“There’s no cure,” Heechul finishes for the other man. “Sure, you can take out the microchip and cut off a Drone from the Capital’s control, but whatever chemicals they shoot the prisoners up with scrubs them of their identity. It’s why we don’t mind getting our hands dirty in a shootout ━ killing the Drones is the only humane thing to do.”

 

Kyuhyun’s eyebrows furrow. “But why create Drones in the first place? I mean, sure it helps get rid of the opposition, but wouldn’t the government’s normal police force be enough? With all the support behind them, it would only make sense.”

 

“Now you’re asking the right questions,” Heechul says, a conspiratorial light in his eyes. “If they have to rely on enslaving Outsiders to protect themselves, that means their only true defense is the delusions of the Capital citizens. And if those delusions were shattered…” He trails off, leaving the result to Kyuhyun’s imagination.

 

“But that’s a discussion for another time,” Sungmin cuts in. “The rest of the members will be here any minute.”

 

“And you still haven’t done my introduction, Sungmin; I’m wounded.”

 

“You could always just do it yourself. I’m assuming I’m here because you’re making me introduce all the others anyway.”

 

Heechul flashes him a thumbs-up. “You know me too well. Anyway, Kyuhyunnie, about two years ago━”

 

“Pretty sure I said  not to call me that.”

 

“It stuck, now stop interrupting. About two years ago, not long after the world went to hell, Leeteuk and I decided to form the Resistance. Even that early on, we could see how power was falling into the hands of people who wanted it for all the wrong reasons. Pair that with what happened to our parents, and we figured we’d take a stand. Leeteuk became the leader and I became Strategist, his right-hand man.” He gives an exaggerated sigh. “And I’m also extremely popular with women, but now I’m trapped swimming in a cesspool of testosterone.”

 

Sungmin snorts. “That’s the worst lie you’ve ever told.”

 

“It’s not my fault so many of you are attracted to me and I’m ually frustrated.”

 

Kyuhyun isn’t sure if he’s impressed or repulsed by Heechul’s shamelessness. Probably a little of both. “So...introductions?” he prompts.

 

Heechul snaps his fingers. “Right, there’s two more things before the others get here. First, this is going to sound harsh, but I promise it’s important...is your family still alive?”

 

“My parents were taken away over a year ago,” Kyuhyun says, distancing himself from the words coming out of his mouth. “My sister was in another country when the bombs hit, so I have no idea if she’s alive, either.”

 

“The same as Donghae’s brother. Hmm...it’s a slim chance, but still a chance.” Heechul considers him for a moment, cocking his head to the side. “We can change your hair a little; you’d look nice with a light brown, maybe a bit of a trim. Other than that, avoid using your last name and you shouldn’t jeopardize your parents’ chances if they’re still in jail.”

 

“Just as long as you don’t change your mind and decide to go with magenta.”

 

“Please, you wouldn’t look half as good as me, and it’d just be embarrassing. Speaking of embarrassing, though...Sungmin, we’ve got ourselves another Donghae fanboy.”

 

The glare Kyuhyun sends Heechul is murderous. “Was that really necessary?”

 

“It’s for your own good.”

 

The pitying look Sungmin gives Kyuhyun almost makes him believe those words. Almost.

 

“Kyuhyun,” Sungmin said, still with that look, “I hate to be the one to tell you, but it’ll save you a world of trouble. Donghae’s taken. And not in a casual ‘dating someone else for the moment’ way. It’s a soulmates, epic love story kind of taken. I’m really sorry.”

 

He can’t say he’s not disappointed. It’s not he was head over heels in love with the guy ━they’d just met that day━ but he’d entertained the idea that maybe someday...well, it was irrelevant now, he supposed.

 

“Oh,” is all he can think to say, and then after a few beats of silence, “Who?”

 

“Eunhyuk.”

 

“What.”

 

Heechul snickers. “You wouldn’t think, right? With Donghae being so Donghae and Eunhyuk being so...not. Trust me, they keep it professional most of the time, but when they think none of us are looking, they’re the sappiest couple I’ve seen in my life. And don’t even get me started on the time I walked in on━”

 

“Heechul,” Sungmin says sharply. “Don’t you think this is a time for some discretion?”

 

“Right, sorry. But on the bright side, Kyuhyunnie, if you’re in the market for an attractive young man fighting for the greater good, we’re not in short supply. Sungmin is still single, you know, if you want my personal recommendation.”

 

Thankfully, the rest of the Resistance chooses that moment to walk in, and Kyuhyun is spared from having to respond. Eunhyuk also reappears on the staircase as the others file in, saying, “Leeteuk’s going to be down in a few minutes. He’s finishing something, but we can start without him.”

 

Sungmin nods, and Kyuhyun allows himself one brief moment of jealousy as Eunhyuk goes to stand at Donghae’s side before he takes the feeling and kills it, just like he’s done with his faith in humanity and sense of empathy. (He’s only mostly joking.)

 

Once the members situated themselves in somewhat of a line, Sungmin begins. He faces the line of members, motioning for Kyuhyun to stand next to him. Heechul remains on Kyuhyun’s other side, which, judging from the past few minutes, will probably end with Kyuhyun feeling some level of mortified.

 

“So, like Donghae and Yesung probably told you, Shadow Squad picked up a new member on their last mission. This is Kyuhyun,” Sungmin says, and Kyuhyun is greeted with a chorus of different hellos. “He seems fine so far, and he managed to get Heechul’s seal of approval, so that says something. Now...I know we did this in order of ages last time, but I think it’ll be easier doing it in the order we joined. So if you guys could stand in the correct spots…”

 

There’s general muttering as Sungmin’s request is fulfilled, and Heechul snorts, saying, “This is why we can’t ever give Sungmin power. It goes straight to his head.”

 

“Okay.” Sungmin claps his hands together. “Let’s start. Heechul and Leeteuk were first, but you’ve already met one, and you can meet Leeteuk when he comes down. Next was Shindong.”

 

The man at the start of the line gives a brief wave. Kyuhyun likes the twinkle in his eyes ━ it means he probably has a good sense of humour or he’s just mischievous. Preferably both.

 

Sungmin continues, “Shindong discovered the Bunker even before the Resistance did. When Leeteuk and Heechul found it, he was part of the package. And it’s a good thing they found him, too; Shindong here is our key to taking down Mayor Park and his lackeys. He’s been working on different projects for years.”

 

“And while he would be a catch, he doesn’t bat for your team,” Heechul whispers in Kyuhyun’s ear, making the latter flinch from the sudden proximity.

 

“Then it was Eunhyuk and Donghae. You’ve met them already, but I’ll reintroduce them anyway. They joined up after Heechul and Leeteuk ran across them on one of the first missions, and they’ve been inseparable ever since. Please take every opportunity to make fun of them; the rest of us do the same thing.”

 

Eunhyuk grumbles something about friends and jealousy, but Donghae just laughs and moves closer to the other’s side. “You’d probably better get to the relevant parts before Eunhyuk starts blowing steam,” he says to Sungmin.

 

“But Kyuhyun already knows...Fine, just for your egos. Eunhyuk is leader of Shadow Squad, and Donghae’s on the same team, naturally.”

 

“If you value whatever’s left of your sanity, make sure you knock when their door is closed,” Heechul says with a snort. “Sometimes they forget to lock it and...please just knock.”

 

Kyuhyun really doesn’t need to be told twice.

 

“Next,” Sungmin says, “was Kangin.” A stern-looking man responds to the name, giving Kyuhyun a curt nod.

 

“Kangin was an Outsider who helped the Resistance with a big stand-off against the Drones, and he agreed to join the Resistance effort after a sweeping victory. Now he’s leader of Boom Squad.”

 

There’s Heechul’s mouth by Kyuhyun’s ear again. “Kangin had this thing with Leeteuk for a little while that none of us are allowed to talk about, but...that’s somewhat of a touchy subject.”

 

“After that, the most important member got added to the team.”

 

Shindong gives Sungmin a mock-serious look. “You introduced me already, Sungmin. You don’t have to do it again.”

 

“Hilarious. But I won’t repeat my own introduction after Heechul did such a...great job earlier.”

 

“Oh, come on, I was ten times more entertaining than you!”

 

“Moving on now.” Sungmin gestures to the next person in line. “Next, someone else you know: Yesung, our biological marvel. He has something in his genes that makes him immune to radiation up to a certain threshold, and we offered him protection from the Drones that were hunting him. We wanted to run some tests to see if the resistance could be replicated, but...we just don’t have the equipment to seriously try it. Anyway, Yesung’s stuck in Shadow Squad with the lovebirds.”

    

“We made out once,” Heechul whispers, shameless as ever, and Kyuhyun nearly chokes on air. “He was going through a questioning phase; I volunteered to help. Turns out he’s straight as a pole, and I don’t think he’s looked me in the eyes since.”

 

It’s not a mental image Kyuhyun particularly wanted.

 

Oblivious to Kyuhyun’s emotional trauma, Sungmin continues, “After that it was Siwon, and he certainly made an impression.” Kyuhyun personally thinks the biggest impression the man gives is muscles. It’s like someone made a life-sized cutout of a model in a workout commercial.

 

“He managed to break out of prison to avoid getting brainwashed, escape the city, and run as far as he could without food or water until he collapsed. We made sure he got back on his feet, and he joined up as part of Boom Squad.”

 

Siwon gives Kyuhyun a warm smile. “And if you ever need to talk about your faith, I’m always here to listen.”

 

Even while Kyuhyun is nodding back, Heechul is muttering in his ear, “It’s a shame that man loves God more than he loves himself. Or anyone else, really. Because it’s the only reason I haven’t been all over those washboard abs. Don’t bother trying.”

 

Kyuhyun chases yet another disturbing picture from his head and tells himself that it’s almost over.

 

“Last, but not least, was Ryeowook,” Sungmin says fondly.

 

As Kyuhyun looks at the final member, he has the strangest urge to gather him in his arms and whisper, “You’re too precious for this world.” It’s...unsettling, but thankfully for his pride, not impossible to resist. That would not have been fun to live down.

 

“Ryeowook is our cook and medic, as well as our representative when we have to buy from our supplier at one of the Clusters. Yesung saved him during a raid, and he insisted on joining up. Not that I’m complaining; it’s nice actually getting decent meals.”

 

Kyuhyun braces himself for the comment that’s sure to follow, but when nothing comes, he turns, confused, to Heechul.

 

“What? I’ve got nothing to say about Ryeowook; I like to keep myself under the impression that all he cares about are puppies and flowers. And giraffes.”

 

I’m not even going to ask.

 

Sungmin lets out a breath. “Looks like that’s everyone. Now, when was Leeteuk going to━? Oh.”

 

At Sungmin’s expression, all of the members turn toward the back of the room, and Kyuhyun sees a man coming down from upstairs. At the bottom of the staircase, he freezes, his face going blank as he takes in the scene before him.

 

“Leeteuk...this is Kyuhyun, the new member,” Sungmin says, and Kyuhyun is surprised to hear the nervousness in his voice.

 

Leeteuk shoots a sharp look at Eunhyuk, who looks more than a little sheepish. “I wasn’t aware we were going to be adding someone else. Or that we felt the need to.”

 

“Of course we do,” Heechul speaks up, turning Leeteuk’s stony expression his way. “You of all people should know, Leeteuk, as leader. I can’t see any rational reason why an extra set of hands would be a bad thing. Do you have one?”

 

There isn’t a response to Heechul’s words, but the silent glaring match that follows probably holds more meaning than any words could.

 

“Fine. Get him ready for his first mission,” Leeteuk says, icy as December. “But he’s sharing a room with one of the other members. When things go wrong, I won’t be responsible for having to empty out his things.”

 

He doesn’t look at Kyuhyun once. Without another word, he simply turns and goes back upstairs.

 

Yah! Jungsoo!” Heechul calls, but to no avail. Hissing curses under his  breath, he chases after the retreating leader.

 

The dead silence that remains is so full of tension, it’s nearly palpable. Kyuhyun feels a twisting sensation in his gut; the feeling of being so vocally unwanted...it stings, far more than he’d expected.

 

“Kyuhyun…” Sungmin lays a comforting hand on his shoulder, but doesn’t seem to know what to say.

 

“I should have told him before he came down,” Eunhyuk mutters. “Sorry.”

 

“Don’t think you’re unwanted, Kyuhyun,” Donghae says earnestly. “Leeteuk’s not normally like this. He’s just…”

 

“Troubled,” Siwon finishes for him.

 

Kyuhyun gives them a small smile, grateful for their words, if a bit embarrassed. But then he remembers what else the leader had said, and his expression dims. “Listen...I don’t want to impose on anyone, but━”

 

Ryeowook steps forward before Kyuhyun can finish the request. “You can share my room, Kyuhyun,” he says gently. “It’s larger than most of the others, so I really don’t mind.”

 

“Oh, alright. That’s...thanks,” Kyuhyun manages to get out in his state of surprise.

 

Maybe he’s not so unwanted after all.

 

~*~

 

Sungmin doesn’t let the awkwardness from earlier stop him from giving Kyuhyun a full tour of the Bunker. The Boom Squad member seems excited to take him down the hallways, pointing out the kitchen, the armory, and all of the members’ rooms. They even go down into the basement ━Shindong’s lair━ so that Kyuhyun can see the impressive setup of computers and tech equipment, along with the generator stolen from the Capital that recharges the handy earpieces the members all own. (They’re battery-powered, Sungmin explains, and they were developed post-apocalypse using technology similar to a walkie-talkie, so that they would work even without cell towers...within a certain range of each other.)

 

The other man quickly grows on Kyuhyun, even within the short span of time they have together. It’s not something Kyuhyun’s used to ━enjoying the presence of another person━ but it’s refreshing, especially with Sungmin being so willing to lend a listening ear. It almost makes the earlier snub from Leeteuk fade away entirely.

 

Until it gets late and Sungmin drops Kyuhyun off at Ryeowook’s room, and he remembers the circumstances of why he’s rooming with someone else in the first place.

 

“Kyuhyun, there you are!” Ryeowook greets him after he opens the door. “Donghae brought your bags earlier, so I moved the food to the kitchen’s storage and folded all of your clothes...I hope that’s okay?”

 

No cuddling, Kyuhyun. Stop these thoughts right now.

 

“Of course, thanks. But...you didn’t have to, you know. It’s already more than enough that you’re letting me share your room. I owe you a lot.”

 

Ryeowook shakes his head. “You don’t owe me anything; I’m just helping out a friend. Now come inside.”

 

“A friend?” Kyuhyun asks, stepping through the doorway. “This is our first real conversation.”

 

The other man doesn’t say anything at first, closing the door and crossing the room to sit on the bed with his legs folded. He shrugs and asks, “Why not? We’re brothers-in-arms now, and temporary roommates, too. Might as well start somewhere, even if it’s only a label.”

 

Kyuhyun finally smiles. “I’d like that.”

 

“Me, too.” Ryeowook matches his expression, patting the space next to himself on the bed. “Sit down for a little while. You’ve looked like you want to ask questions since the moment I saw you, and I’m happy to answer.”

 

It’s heaven for Kyuhyun to finally rest his legs. After remembering to take his shoes off, he joins Ryeowook on the surprisingly plush mattress. If he leans back against the headboard, he’s positive he’ll instantly fall asleep, so he resists the urge and sits up straight, facing the other man.

 

“Sungmin answered most of my questions,” Kyuhyun admits. “And a lot of things I’m sure I’ll pick up as I go. I guess there’s really just one thing bothering me right now.” He can hear the hurt in his own voice when he continues, and it nearly makes him cringe. “Why does Leeteuk hate me so much?”

 

The questions gets him a sympathetic look from Ryeowook, but also a quick denial. “No, no, he doesn’t hate you! It’s just that...there was a mission that went wrong a month and a half ago, and two of our members...they didn’t make it. It was hard on everyone, but Leeteuk blames himself. So now…” He breaks off suddenly, taking a deep breath and fanning his face.

 

“So now he doesn’t want me to be another casualty on his conscience,” Kyuhyun finishes for him.

 

Ryeowook nods. “Something like that.” He gives a pitiful attempt at a smile. “Sorry, Here I was offering to answer all of your questions, and now I’m on the brink of turning into an emotional mess.”

 

Even Kyuhyun can admit that he’s a heartless bastard sometimes, and he generally hates the sight of tears, not a cryer himself. But one look at Ryeowook’s watery eyes and his protective instincts kick in.

 

“Hey, don’t feel bad,” he says in what he hopes is a supportive tone. “Of all the questions I could have asked, of course I picked the one with the tragic backstory, right?”

 

Encouraged by the soft chuckle he receives, Kyuhyun continues, “And anyway, don’t apologize for crying. Not even two months since you lost two of your friends? No one should expect you to be over that, and no one can tell you how long to mourn.”

 

Seems that I do still have a soul...Siwon will be thrilled.

 

Ryeowook gives him a long look. “Thank you, Kyuhyun,” he says seriously. “That’s...actually one of the nicest things someone’s said to me about it.”

 

“I guess I’m a big sap at heart. Which can never leave this room, by the way ━ I have an image I’d like to maintain, less-than-stellar first impressions be damned.”

 

“Your secret is safe with me!” The earlier sunshine starts to appear again on Ryeowook’s face. “But first, can I...do you mind if I give you a hug? I understand if it’s uncomfortable for you, but━”

 

“Go right ahead.”

 

And even though Kyuhyun had learned via Sungmin that he himself was the youngest here, as he holds Ryeowook in a warm embrace, if feels like Kyuhyun is taking care of the little brother he never had.

 

So later, when both of them refuse to let the other sleep on the floor and they wound up squished together under the bedsheets, it isn’t awkward like it would have been a few hours ago. Quite the opposite; it’s comforting, and Kyuhyun sleeps better than he has in months (if he isn’t careful, he might start turning into a people person).


And as luck would have it, he doesn’t even have to repress the too-precious-for-this-world urges that have been plaguing him for the past few hours. Ryeowook is a cuddler.


A/N: Almost everyone's been introduced; now the real fun can begin. Thanks for reading! (And a special thanks to my lovely editor homeformyheart and fellow author bitterkitty). Next update will be soon!