000: Prologue

My contract wife

Chapter 000: Prologue


Lee Sunmi's POV

"As long as you're happy, i'll be happy"



"Sorry, but n-" "Please accept the deal, me & your parents really wanted this" "I know, Mrs.Xi, but no thank you." "I've heard you're having financial problems" I was awestrucken from the sudden unexpected statement and it took me a long silence to comeback at her, but before I could speak she spoke again "Lets make a fair deal?" I shook my head even if she couldn't see it. "No thanks, but thank you for your offer." I think she could predict what I was going to do next "Please think about it carefully, Sunmi-ah" She quickly said in a soft tone before I hung up.

I was exhausted, mentally and physically.

I let out an exhausted sigh as my body flopped down on my hard couch. I feel guilty for rejecting the offer, but they should atleast think about me, right? The Xi's own 2 companies, but even both of their companies combined, wont make much money or even near to what my company earns a month. XFashion & BeautyXi's, both owned by Xi Luhan, my childhood bestfriend's parents, soon to be him though. Huh? Xi Luhan? The incredibly handsome & insanely smart (Plus, popular social butterfly), is YOUR childhood BESTFRIEND? As weird as it sounds, yes, he is my childhood bestfriend.

Eventhough I earn more money than their 2 companies combined, the companys workers were losing their jobs to maintain the higher parts (CEO, directors, etc) money. If we didn't change something, improve or get support from a connection soon, the whole company would be bankrupt.

My parents & his parents were bestfriends when they were children, they all had dreams to make successfull business'. But, I guess appa did more quality to have the company, this high. Appa actually had a crush on Mrs.Xi, but she had a crush on Mr.Xi, Mr.Xi had a crush on my mom & my mom had a crush on my dad. Tragic? Kind-of. Eomma was helping father through his heartbreaks from Mrs.Xi & he soon fell for her too, thats what happened with Mr.Xi's case aswell. Amazing love story, i guess.

But...I feel guilty, wasting my appa's efforts for my stupidity & stubborness. But, its not my fault. I can't waste my mothers wish for, this. My love life, my eomma's wish & my happiness. Those are 3 priceless things I can't have taken away from me.

Sometimes life gives you what you need & not what you want

Eomma always said that to me when she didn't want to buy me icecream. I then felt presence near me, eomma, is that you? "Why are you crying?" I turned around just to gasp at the person infront of me, my childhood bestfriend, Xi Lu Han. I pointed at myself "Me? Crying?" I placed my hands on my cheeks just to feel them wet, even memories of my familys make me cry? No way, i'm not that weak hearted. "i'm not crying" I lied and then was about to wipe them off, until he beat me to it. "Liar" I sighed. I slapped his hands away "i can handle it myself" He scoffed, oh great, hes pissed.

"Stop lying, you can't even make good choices for your company, you should remember that YOU'RE a HEIRESS" I inwardly sighed & I stood up and faced him "It's my choice, can't you accept that?" He silenced this time "Have you ever thought about me? My choices? My desicions? My LIFE? I have to waste my love life, eomma's wish for me AND my happiness just for, this. You think I'd like it?" He stood up too but didn't face me "What about me, huh? I have a girlfriend & you think I won't be fine? YOUR parents wanted this for you, can't you just oblige? Stop being so self centered & stubborn! MY parents are giving you a chance to live with us & use our money! They don't want you to be lonely, they care for you!" I bit my lip, all he said was true I guess I was being too self-centered.

"They'll care for you" I realised that his tone softened, but I felt that I needed more from his words

"We'll take care of you" Does that mean, you too?

"I'll take care of you" I felt like he doesnt need to say anymore "Fine, i'll agree to the stupid marriage, for your companies & my companys sake."

He jumped in happiness & immediately hugged me, bipolar child. I chuckled. "Really?!" "You think i'm joking? Fine, i'll take it back then" "ani ani ani!" he shook his head furiously, this guy is a heir? I couldn't help but smile As long as you're happy, i'll be happy

When silence was about to claim itself, he ruined the mood, 360.

He smirked (well I felt him smirking, i've known this guy for more than 10 years), "Lets make a deal"

I sighed, totally like his mother, making deals. "Like mother, like son"

"Bwo?"

"Ani, nothing"

"So you'll agree to the deal?"

"I don't even know what the deal is!"

"I'll take that as a yes"


A/N: YO YO YO!....*cricket noise*...no? Lame intro? I thought so, well you're going to have to suffer with it because this is always going to be my A/N intro AUAHHAHAUHAHUAUHA! Sorry for being late! I actually was working on this chappie yesterday but then I was doing that youtube iframe thing & it totally messed up my words & then I did all again today, which explains the short chappie, mianhae!!

A big thank you to  ♧Clover Charm Advertisement♧ who advertised my story, click on the link if you want to get your fanfic advertised!

Also another big thank you to  Rinpanzel_  from  Love Port - Request shop who has done my poster and background :3! Click on the link to get your graphics & trailers made for your fanfics!

Who else can relate to this post, like me?


Please subscribe, upvote & comment! I would like update everyday (jks, thats like impossible with hs work) & it would make me SOOO happy!
Saranghaeyo! Hwaiting for next chappie!