Trying To Be One of the Boys

Choices
Please log in to read the full chapter

We walked out and down onto the street, greeting fans who questioned who I was, and then fawned over the boys.

    “Wow.” I said, a little too loudly, because Chen heard. 

    “It gets easier to bear. Whenever I get annoyed or frustrated about it, I always think about how they brought us to where we are today, and then I am grateful.”

    “That’s a great philosophy. Must be hard to uphold every once and a while.” I responded, making sure I kept my head down. A teenager, just a few years younger than me, came up and took a picture right at my face. The flash ripped through my eyes and blinded me for a few seconds. 

    “Hey step back please.” Chen begged, placing his hand at my back and guiding me through the crowd.

    We couldn’t get to the store quick enough. Swarms of fans mobbed us in waves. Luckily they closed off the store for us.

    “Thanks Chen, for saving a blind cripple from the mob.” I thanked.

    “Oh yeah, my pleasure. It’s difficult to adjust at first.”

    We shopped for a couple hours, until the crowd subsided a bit. The boys went all out. In fact, a few bought more than me. I decided on some sweet street shoes, a cap, and some couture sweats.

    When we left the store, our hands were completely occupied by numerous bags of merch. We made our way back, almost unharmed. Then a small crowd of teens started taking pictures, and asking questions…so many questions.

    One came up to me and blatantly asked, “So how does it feel to date Chen? You must be the luckiest girl in this world.” I almost laughed when I heard the question, and so did Chanyeol when he heard.

    Chanyeol jogged up and answered, “She and Chen are so happy, and going strong!”

    I shoved Chanyeol and talked to the girls, “He’s just joking, I’m not dating Chen.”

    “Then Sehun? We saw on Channel 5 that you guys went on a breakfast date this morning.” The other girl inquired.

    “No, no, you have it all wrong,” I began, taking a deep breath, “I’m not dating Sehun, Chen, or anyone in that matter.” 

    “Oh, ok. Than who are you?” They asked. I didn’t know how to answer, so we left and hurried back to the dorm.

    “Can someone turn on the news, I think there has been a mistake.” I asked Suho, who was closest to the TV.

    He nodded and changed the channel. We all sat there in awkward silence as my mystery dates were announced on national television.    

    “Oh my goodness.” Lay concluded, trying to take in the news story.

    “I’m screwed.” I sighed, squeezing a pillow.

    “Haha this is actually really funny. Everyone will know soon enough who you really are.” Baekhyun said, trying to comfort me.

    Just then, we received a call from our manager saying we had to debut me before anything broke out for real. We were shipped to a news studio to be broadcasted on television. Hours passed by in makeup and hair, which surprising to me, I didn't take the longest.

    “Okay here’s how it is going to go,” The manager started, rubbing his forehead, “The boys are going to appear first, alone, and then you will be introduced, sing on stage and then sit down for a little chat. Understand everyone? Just be calm and collected like always.”

    Everyone nodded and adjusted themselves before going on. They left, and I waited for my cue. The hosts interviewed them for a good fifteen minutes.

    Then Kerry, the female host said, “Well we have just been informed that you have a new member. What is his name?”

    Suho spoke up, saying, “Actually her name is Stella, and she has only been with us for a short while now.”

    “Oh a girl?” She said, surprised. “Well then lets bring Stella out to greet everyone.” The crowd cheered, and that was my cue to enter.

    I walked slowly, and carefully, making sure to bow to the audience, and then to the hosts. I took my seat next to Suho, and turned towards the hosts.

    “Well Stella, what an exciting revelation for EXO! What will you be singing for us today, to officially debut?” The male host Wen asked.

    “I will be debuting with the American song cosmic love.” I answered, clearing my throat.

    I sang my heart out, and from the looks of it, touched the audience too. Everyone clapped, and Kerry bowed at my feet jokingly.

    “Wow. Spectacular.” Wen stated, clapping into his microphone.

    “So you are not the mystery girl dating half of EXO?” Kerry snickered, looking to the audience.

    “Haha no, never.”

    “Never?” Wen asked.

    “Yep.”

    “But just look at them.” Kerry laughed, pointing to the boys.

    “They are just too like brothers I guess.” I added, feeling bad about that statement.

    Chanyeol snickered, drawing the attention to him. “Why are you laughing Chanyeolie? Are your dreams crushed?” Wen asked, snickering.

    “No no,” Chanyeol started, “Just yesterday, we were all settling down for bed, and Tao walks out completely , which we expected, well because he’s Tao.”

    “And?” Kerry laughed, pointing at Tao.

    “And Stella just stood their, and was like, “is that what you all do?” It was so funny.’’ Chanyeol commented, laughing a little bit too hard.

    Tao’s face turned red as he tried to defend himself. “I was just being courteous, and completely non-ist. She enters like a brother, she will be treated like one, you know?”

    “But she is a girl.” Kerry teased, pointing at me. 

    “Yes, but—“

    “So wouldn’t you treat her like a sister?” Wen said, holding back tears from laughing too hard. Tao retreated into his chair as the rest of the band laughed uncontrollably.

    The rest of the show was just filled with funny nonsense made to have the audience laugh. I thought it was ending when the host turned to me, and asked, “So we are all so pleased EXO is single, but Stella, if you had to choose one to date, who would it be?” Kerry asked, hoping to get a juicy answer for the audience.

    “Good question. A hard one, because I don’t see them like that…But…” Everyone stopped talking and looked at me. “I’d guess I’d say Lay or Sehun because they’re not too overbearing.” The crowd awed, and most of EXO clapped and teased the two boys.

    “Good choice. I would choose them too.” Wen commented, receiving laughter from Kerry and the boys. “What? I can have a man crush right?”

    “Anyway, we are out of time, but it was nice to meet you Stella, and catching up with you boys. Come by anytime.” Kerry said, concluding the show.

    We left right after the end of the show, avoiding crowds and angsty fans.

    “I can’t believe you said the unicorn and the pretty boy.” Kai said, making a pouty face.

    “Well I was going to say Xiumin…but…”

    “I wasn’t even your third choice.” Kai pouted. 

    “Nope.”

    “I would make a way better boyfriend than both of them combined.” Lay commented nudging me.

    We headed to our next destination, which was a photoshoot for a swimsuit promotion. We were informed that with a new member, we would have to do a bunch a promoting this year, with new companies.

    This company just happened to be a beachwear company. Joy. I must have tried on a hundred swimsuits for my single shots. Next was my group

Please log in to read the full chapter