Settling In

Choices
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I’m actually hungry, but I figured you need to be settled in.” Kai said nonchalantly.

    “Well aren’t you a saint.” I teased pushing him.

    “Why yes, finally someone sees it!” He laughs.

    “I think we have some stuff in the fridge at home.” Sehun confirmed.

    “Yeah but D.O. isn’t there too cook it dear Sehun.” Lay added.

    “I can cook.” I interjected, waiting for a response.

    “Well, considering you are not just a guest, as long as you are okay with it…” Kai said, looking down.

    “Ofcourse, I love cooking.”

    The boys cheered as we made it up the stairs.

    “Well here we are. To our lovely little Palace, Kingdom, whatever.” Lay said, opening the door.

    “It’s a little cluttered depending on where you go. Xiumin is the tidiest, after all he is the eldest. And don’t venture into Baekhyun and Chanyeols room unless you want a bad whiff of whatever stank they got going on.” Sehun offered, taking off his jacket. 

    “Our room is this way.” Kai gestured, towards the end of the hall. The door opened, and I saw trophies and a computer, and only two beds.

    “As you can see…about the beds…” Kai started.

    “I’ll sleep on the floor.” Sehun offered, grabbing a blanket from the closet.

    “Thats generous of you…but…” I said, not knowing if I wanted to steal his bed.    

    “Here you go, all yours. I just changed the sheets and everything.” He added, gesturing towards the bed.

    I walked over and sat down on it. “Well thank you.”

    “My pleasure.” He bowed.

    “So how about some Sesame Chicken?” I said, laughing.

    “I like this girl.” Kai shouted.

    I spent the next half hour frying, seasoning and marinating the food. The boys passed by every know and again, taking in a whiff of the chicken. “It’s ready, my masterpiece is complete!” I shouted, my voice ringing throughout the dorm.

    They all swarmed in, utensils ready, stomachs ready. “Smells and looks good.” Lay said, eyeing the chicken and kimchi.

    We ate and laughed, and then ate some more, until the rest of the members came back. They also picked at the leftovers, despite having just ate, and all dispersed to do their evening routines. Some went strait to bed, others played video games.

    “Hey I am going to jump in, anyone want to join?” Tao asked, looking at the rest of us. My eyes widened and I almost jumped when I noticed he was stark . Everyone grumbled. 

    “Okay then, I guess I go, all by myself.” He moaned. And just like that the boy left.

    “Wow okay. You all do that?” I looked at Suho and Chen.

    “Haha no. But Tao is an exception. I must warn you Stella, boys will be boys. Despite your gender we will still act like you are just another member.”

    “That’s good. I like that thought. I’m just going to have to get used to…” I wandered off.

    “ Tao.” Chen giggled.

    “Ex-actly.” I sighed, getting up. “Well it was nice to meet you, and to chat, but I’m going to run off to bed.” 

    “Good night Stella.” They both said, waving me off to bed.

    I walked into our room, expecting Sehun and Kai to be asleep; but they were chatting. More like whispering.

    “Hey Stella, ready for bed?” Kai asked, clearly shifting their conversation.

    “Hope I didn’t interupt anything boys.” I say, sauntering over to bed.

    “Nah, it was nothing.” Sehun added, nodding his head towards Kai.

    I slipped into bed, which smelled of something I cannot define. Probably like Sehun. It was pleasant enough. The sheets were nice, and the blanket kept me warm during the Korean winter.

    “I hope you’ll sleep comfortably.” Sehun commented, snuggling with his blanket on the floor.

    “Thank you.” I said, feeling a little awkward about taking his bed.

    “Good night everyone,” Kai start

Please log in to read the full chapter