The Road to Stardom

Choices
Please log in to read the full chapter

Nervous is one word. One word to describe this incredibly intense feeling swirling in my gut. I thought making it in would be the most terrifying part, but boy was I wrong. Once I interviewed they immediately took me a side and offered me a deal I couldn’t deny. 

    “We are looking for a girl lead in EXO. We all agree you are perfect for the position. Are you in?” The main interviewer asked me politely. His name I forgot, perhaps due to my nerves.

    I swallowed and brushed the sweat off my forehead. “Yeah, thats…great. But what about training?”

 The men looked at each other and laughed. “Stella you are the epitome of what we are looking for. You don’t need any basic training. You are a six on nearly every level, have fluency in 4 languages and you are easy on the eyes.”

    I stared at them, incapable of speaking. I finally mustered up, “Where do I start?”

    He started walking down the hallway and gestured me to follow.

    “This is the main building. Where you will spend most of the time recording, collaborating and most importantly; practicing. I must warn you, this is not going to be a walk in the park. Our trainees and members take practicing very seriously.”

    I gulp and nod. He smiles, a corporate, fake,  smile. Perhaps he was trained to smile like that.

    “As for sleeping arrangements, we keep the bands together, so for you, we considered bunking genders together. As long as everyone behaves ofcourse.”

    “Absolutely. I am here to work hard and…and that is all.” I reply, with no hesitation. An opportunity like this comes once in a million lifetimes.

    “So, after you initially meet the boys, we will decide who you will be bunking with. In fact they are in this next room.”

    “Oh okay.”

    “Don’t be so stiff. They don’t bite.”

    He opens the door, and instantly a roar of laughter erupts from the room. 

    “Boys, boys, boys!” The man shouted.

    They all looked over. When they saw me, they all stood up and bowed. I also did so as curtesy. 

    “This is your new member. Treat her well and she will take us far.”

    They are all silent, frozen stiff. “A girl?” Tao speaks up.

    “Yes.”

    “My name is Stella.”

    “A girl?” Tao tries to reaffirm himself.

    “Well I will leave you to get to know each other.” The man, manager I guess, left the room; left me; with the entire EXO group.

    “Hi, I’m Suho. Exo-K’s leader.” Suho, breaking the silence and standing back up to greet me. “I’m sorry if we seem…baffled…this is quite unexpected.”

    “They didn’t tell you about searching for a new member?” I asked.

    They all laugh. “No,” Kai stands up, walking towards me, “they don’t tell us anything. I’m Kai.”

    “Enough Kai, give her some time before you try charming her.” Chanyeol spoke up. “So I’m guessing you know more about us than we know about you Stella, so tell us about yourself.”

    Suho motioned me over and so I sat next to Lay and Chen.

    “Well, I auditioned thinking I was going to become a trainee, but here I am.”

    They all nodded, deeply invested in what I had to say. “Well than they must have really wanted whatever you got.” Baekhyun concluded, with a puzzled look on his face

    “Question is; what do you got?” Tao asked, scratching his head. “Power vocals? Wicked dance moves? Nah you must have both. And even more.”

    Everyone looked, wondering what landed me here.

    “Well than we must have a little talent show then, to showcase our talents.” Kai suggested. Making up the rules as we go. “Only five of us can enter. Chanyeol, D.O., Baekhyun, Tao, Sehun and me.”

    “Why me?” Sehun asked. 

    “Because you haven’t spoken yet.” Kai replied. “Anyway, D.O. you’re up first. Sing, Dance, and surprise us with the third concept.”

    D.O. sighed and lifted himself from the couch. “Okay then. I’ll start of with yellow, by Coldplay.”

Please log in to read the full chapter