Alonew

Series of One-Shots

Characters: SHINee

[Onew's POV]

I looked over at Taemin again. He was always spending his time with Minho. Always smiling and laughing. 

I remembered how he used to go to me before he became close to Minho. How he used to call me hyung with a sweet smile on his face. That was before Minho charmed him with his charismatic looks and athletic body.

Someone snapped their fingers in front of me catching my attenthion. I looked up and smiled sheepishly at our manager, keeping up my clumsy act. He sighed and quickly called the other members towards us. 

"There's 15 minutes before you appear on stage. Go to the washroom and eat something quickly. Come back in ten minutes and get into positions," he said in one breath, "Don't do anything stupid, there are a lot of fans counting on you all."

After he finished his quick pep talk, everyone disappeared. I was about to turn to leave, but I felt the manger's hand on my wrist. I looked back at him with raised eyebrows.

"Be careful," he said cautiously, "You're the leader, eveyrone's looking up to you. Don't get carried away with small things." The look he gave me said he knew what I was going through. I nodded and turned to the cooler for a water bottle.

I thought over about what he said. He was right. I have 4 people who look up to me, and millions more counting on us together. I shouldn't care about little things. 

I watched Taemin run past me to Minho. 

****

I thought of this while I was getting ready to start off the song. I got into position with my head bowed, hair covering my eyes. 

I heard the opening notes and I knew I had to make my decision. Should I be selfish or care about other people? Strangers who I don't even know the names of. Shoud I care for myself, as any other person should?

The answer seemed obvious to me. I know what I should do.

But then I looked up, and smiled brightly.

I will forever be alone.

 


 

I'm cruel for finding the last line funny  XD