WonTaek [Don't Go]

VIXX oneshots (or two?)

“Oh! I’m so sorry!” Wonsik said after spilling his coffee, for the third time this week. “Can he get any clumsier?” Hakyeon asked as he looked at Taekwoon who was adding his last touch to another customer’s order. Being the chef for the past 8 years, he was used to seeing people spill their drinks or drop their plates but Wonsik was different. No matter how many times he had spilled his coffee – Taekwoon stopped counting after the third – it was somehow not as irritating as the waiters thought it was. Wonsik, a regular customer who comes in with a grin on his face saluting everybody before ordering the usual, was an interesting person. At first he looked distant with the tattoos he had on his forearm and chest, his wild grey hair and motorbike. But as he came in every single day, he was revealing another side of him. He was undeniably cute with an adorable laughter and endearing habits like scrunching his nose when laughing or winking at waiters when they get him his order. Taekwoon found him exceptionally adorable and would spend a few minutes staring at him before turning to go back to his work in the kitchen. The few times he got a chance to talk with him, he was sure this man was out of this world. The jokes he says aren’t even funny but there was something about the way he told them that made Taekwoon smile, and… nobody can make Taekwoon smile. Except for Solji, his little daughter. She was the apple of his eyes, the reason he comes to work every day with a cheerfulness that he’s been missing lately. Ever since his partner, Jaehwan, suggested a break up, his mood changed and everybody around him noticed how gloomy he was starting to get. When Jaehwan said he’s terminating his parental rights over Solji, their adopted daughter, Taekwoon was able to smile again. Regardless of how much pain the break up caused him, the mere thought of having to lose Solji was driving him mad. He understood Jaehwan’s reasons behind the break up and he was grateful he wasn’t planning on taking Solji away knowing how attached Taekwoon was to her.

 

Today, Taekwoon was forced to bring Solji to work since her babysitter called in the morning saying she had to be somewhere else and that she won’t be able to attend to Solji. He then had to wake her up, get her dressed and take her to the restaurant with him. The whole staff was thrilled to finally be able to see the only person who could make Taekwoon smile. Although she was not his biological daughter, everybody thought she look like a mini copy of him. She talks like him, walks like him and hides her face when she laughs just like he does. They were also able to see another side of Taekwoon. Whenever she was around him in the kitchen he’d be smiling and giggling at everything she did instead of yelling at the staff or just frowning for no reason. It didn’t take long until she decided to run into one of the waiters causing him to drop the plates with the food still on them, gaining a deathly glare from her daddy.

 

“Sit here until I finish my work, okay? And don’t talk to strangers. Uncle Hakyeon will be here if you need anything.” Taekwoon had sent her to sit on one of the tables since he didn’t want any more accidents in the kitchen. She gave him a little peck before nodding and he looked at Hakyeon who said “Don’t worry. I’ll keep an eye on her. Now go back to your work.” He hesitated for a couple of seconds before turning around and walking toward the kitchen. He was beyond worried, having to leave her on one of the tables with her drawing book and colored pencils. He used his break to go and check on her to find her sitting alone, happily drawing in her book before noticing him. She jumped off her seat and ran toward him, giving him a tight hug to which his heart skipped a beat. He patted her back gently before pulling out of the hug and her hair. “Is everything okay?” He asked and she nodded. She then ran back to where her book was and motioned him to come. “I drew this picture of us. This is you and this is me and this is daddy Jae. This is the plane that took him away. He’s traveling but he’ll come back soon.” She then looked at him and said “Right?” His heart dropped at the mention of Jaehwan and he gently touched her cheeks as he said “What if he doesn’t come back? Would you get upset?” “Won’t you get upset too?” He sighed audibly and then said “Well, maybe he’s happier now. Wouldn’t you want him to be happy?” Her eyes were starting to tear up as she stared at him and said “But he was happy with us.” He took her in his arms and then said “But we want him to be happier and better right? Because we love him. We’ll always remember him and maybe he’ll come and visit us one day, right?” She pulled back, wiped her tears away and kissed him on the cheek before looking behind him and giggling. He turned around to see Wonsik, for the second time this week, spilling his coffee on his ripped jeans. He ran to him looking for a cloth to wipe the hot liquid away before calling one of the waiters and telling him to grab the first-aid kit.

“It’s okay. It’s okay.” “No. It’s very hot. I’ll take care of it, just stay still.” Taekwoon asked Wonsik to stay still as if it was that simple. Wonsik was dying to talk to Taekwoon. Ever since he found out about this place, he’s been coming every single day only to see Taekwoon and talk to him. The second he saw him coming out of the kitchen in his apron he forgot how to breathe and actually choked on his words as he made his order. To have Taekwoon touching his thigh ever so gently wasn’t something he saw coming. He was used to spilling his coffee while he tried stealing glances at Taekwoon but this time his coffee was still hot. As soon as he got his order, he noticed that Taekwoon wasn’t behind the counter like he usually is, which made him worried. He mistakenly hit the edge of the table as his eyes were roaming the place looking for Taekwoon and caused his mug to fall of it right on his thigh. He was starting to feel uncomfortable as Taekwoon asked him to go to the storage room and take his pants off. He stared at Taekwoon for a few seconds before saying “I’ll just go home. Thank you!” “But…” Taekwoon called but Wonsik was already gone.   

 

 

Wonsik hesitated before entering the restaurant. The thoughts of Taekwoon’s hands on his thigh kept him awake all night. He was also still embarrassed of the whole situation but then decided that they were already used to him being awfully clumsy so he opened the door and got in. As soon as he entered, he noticed Solji playing around with Hakyeon. He smiled at her and she stopped running, waved at him and smiled. He waved back and laughed at her expressions when Hakyeon caught her off guard. He then walked up to the counter, made his order and sat down at his usual table. A few minutes later Solji was approaching him. He looked at her before saying “Are you here alone? Where are your parents?” She smiled at him as she answered “Daddy Taek is in the kitchen and Daddy… Daddy Jae is traveling.” He was left perplexed at her answer. Daddy Taek? “What kitchen?” She pointed at the restaurant’s kitchen before their little conversation was interrupted by Hakyeon’s sudden appearance. “Solji. It’s time for lunch!” She nodded before holding his hand and waving to Wonsik. “Excuse me!” Wonsik called and Hakyeon turned back to look at him “Yes?” “Is she your daughter?” “Ah no. She’s Taekwoon’s daughter, the chef.” “Is… is he married?” “Was.. not anymore.” He then looked at Solji and said “Shall we go?”

 

 

Wonsik was now used to seeing Solji at the restaurant. Her babysitter was forced to move out of town for some personal reasons so Taekwoon had to bring her to work every day. Wonsik would enter the restaurant; make his order before finding Solji and playing around with her or listening to her stories about the drawings in the book. He now knows about Jaehwan, knows that Taekwoon sleeps with her in his arms, knows about Taekwoon’s coffee addiction and a lot more, all thanks to Solji. After a week of their ‘play dates,’ Solji started including him in her drawings. “This is Daddy Taek, this is me and this is uncle Sik. Is it okay if I call you uncle Sik?” He patted her as he said “Of course you can!”

 

Two weeks later, as Taekwoon was looking through Solji’s drawings as she sat down at one of the tables in the restaurant, he noticed the new addition. He looked at the man in the pictures and noticed the scratching on his arm and chest. “Who is he?” He asked Solji, worry filling his voice. “This is uncle Sik, he’s really nice.” “Who is uncle Sik? Why is he here?” He asked again and she was starting to feel nervous as she said “Why are you yelling at me?” That was when he noticed how loud his voice was. He sighed before saying “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to yell, but we agreed that you’ll only play with uncle Hakyeon, right?” She nodded and then said “But uncle Hakyeon is always busy. Uncle Sik comes here to play with me. He even said my drawings are nice. He wants me to draw a picture of him so he can hang it in his room. He also said he’ll get me candy if I do.” His eyes widened in terror as his thoughts were intruded by fear of this anonymous guy who’s been spending time with his little daughter. “Where is uncle Sik now? Is he here?” She jumped of her seat, looked around for a couple of seconds before pointing at Wonsik’s table. Without thinking, Taekwoon stormed in the direction of Wonsik’s table, grabbed the man by the collar and said “What have you been doing with my daughter?” Wonsik swallowed hard, a tear almost escaping and rolling down his cheek at the sudden attack. “No…nothing.” Hakyeon rushed to them, patted Taekwoon’s shoulder before whispering “People are watching.” Taekwoon let go of Wonsik’s collar only to grab his arm. “Follow me.” He pulled him toward the storage room, pushed him inside and closed the door before asking again “What have you been doing with my daughter?” “I.. I swear I didn’t do anything.” “Why do you spend time with her then? Why would a grown up man spend time with a 5 years old child? What candy were you going to give her?” “I am not a ert!” Wonsik almost yelled. It hurt him so bad to have the guy he likes accusing him of such a disgusting act. He let his tears fall down his cheeks and he stared at Taekwoon who asked again “Then answer me, why?” Wonsik hesitated for a second before saying “Because I like you.” He could feel Taekwoon’s grip on his arm loosen. “What?” “I like you. I… I really do. She’s just too cute and I enjoy listening to her stories but… I also like to sit with her because she… she talks like you… she laughs like you… she smiles like you and… she tells me a lot about you… I…. I’ve always wanted to talk to you but I’m… I’m always clumsy and nervous around you. Being around her made me feel closer to you and I was finally gathering my courage to talk to you. I swear I didn’t do anything to her. I didn’t even touch her, I’d never harm her in any possible way. I should have asked for your permission but… I’m sorry.” He paused as he looked at Taekwoon who was avoiding his gaze. Taekwoon bit his lower lip as what he had just done was starting to sink in and he was finally able to calm down and regret everything he said. Wonsik freed himself from Taekwoon’s hold and then walked toward the door. “I’m sorry again. I’ll just leave and you won’t see me again. Just say goodbye to her for me, please.”

“Wait…” Taekwoon almost whispered but Wonsik heard him. He turned around to look at him but he was still avoiding eye contact with him. “Don’t go.”