Birthday Surprise [Leo]

VIXX oneshots (or two?)

“First he forgot my birthday and now this!” You huffed in annoyance as you put your phone back in your purse and signaled a taxi to take you home. You pulled your suitcase behind you before handing it to the driver and then hopping in and heading home. You had just arrived from a two weeks conference and today happened to be your birthday. Not only did Taekwoon forget to pick you up from the airport, he even forgot it was your birthday and now he’s not answering your calls. You didn’t want to remind him about it when he called you this morning asking what time your flight was exactly and you thought he was planning to surprise you at the airport with flowers and all. Unfortunately nothing of that happened. You understood how busy he could be, being an idol and having multiple schedules a day but you were hoping he’d at least call you and wish you a happy birthday during his break. 
 

Although you were mad at him, you decided to surprise him. We can always celebrate birthdays later; you thought to yourself as you took the elevator to his apartment dragging your suitcase behind you. Two weeks away from him were too much for you and all you wanted now was to see him and spend the rest of the night in his arms. You knocked on his door and waited for him to open it. When he didn’t, you took out the spare key you had for his apartment and got yourself in, thinking he might still be at the practice room or at the company. The apartment was very quiet but when you closed the door you heard a silent giggle. You froze in your place as you tried focusing on the source of the giggle and you found yourself following it to Taekwoon’s bedroom. Your heart started pounding in your chest and you swallowed hard as you tiptoed your way to his bedroom. You could feel your heart stop beating when you heard a woman’s giggle coming from inside the room followed by Taekwoon’s voice mumbling something you couldn’t understand. Your breathing hitched and you bit your lower lip trying to hold back a scream. You took a deep breath and reached for the handle to open the door. Your eyes widened in shock when you saw Taekwoon sitting at the edge of his bed, next to him sat a woman in one of his sweaters. They were laughing and suddenly stopped when they saw you standing at the entrance of the room. Taekwoon stood up abruptly and exchanged looks with the woman who stood up and walked toward you. She let herself out without a word and you were left with Taekwoon who was mumbling “Baby it’s not what you think." 
"Do you do this every time I’m away?” You said as tears rolled down your face. 
“You’re not listening. I said it’s not what you think it is!" 
"What is it then?” You yelled. “You forgot to pick me up from the airport because… Because you’re in an important meeting? You’re practicing?”
“The airport? Oh god! I’m so sorry I forgot!" 
"Stop it! Just stop it!”
“Baby please! She’s… You’re always busy and I’m…”
“You’re a jerk, that’s what you are!" 

He was standing in front of you and reached for your hand but you pushed him away and walked to where you had left your suitcase. He followed you but you didn’t answer his calls.
"Please wait!" 
"It’s over Taekwoon. It’s over." 
 

"SURPRISE!”

 

You flinched and your jaw dropped in shock when you saw Taekwoon’s group members coming out of the kitchen holding a cake and singing you a birthday song. You looked at Taekwoon who gave you a warm, apologetic smile, and then back at s before noticing the woman was singing with them. You collapsed on the sofa and started crying when you finally realized what they’ve just done. You could feel the sofa dip under you and you felt a pair of strong arms wrapping themselves around you and pulling you closer against a firm chest. You could tell it was Taekwoon by his scent so you hit his chest multiple times before clutching his shirt and sobbing in his chest. “I hate you! I hate you!” You said repeatedly and he only tightened his hold around you without saying anything. He waited for his friends to finish their song before pulling you out of his hold. 
“Happy Birthday –!" 
Hakyeon said with a bright smile on his face and you couldn’t help but smile back. 
"You look so ugly when you cry!" 
Hongbin said gaining himself a kick from Wonsik who brought the cake closer to your face and asked you to blow the candles. You were still crying so Taekwoon cupped your face and wiped your tears away before planting a kiss on your forehead. 
"Happy Birthday!" 
"I hate you!" 
"Can you please blow the candles? My arm hurts!" 
You turned to look at Wonsik before blowing the candles and whispering a "thank you.”

Hakyeon took charge of cutting the cake while Jaehwan handed out drinks, leaving goofiness to Hongbin and Sanghyuk. After half an hour, all was left from the cake was crumbs and frosting on Hongbin’s forehead. You ate in silence while stealing glances at Taekwoon every now and then. He had his arm around your shoulder and tried to talk to you several times but you didn’t answer any of his questions. The woman introduced herself as one of their back-dancers who happened to be around when they talked about planning your birthday party. You came to realize it was actually Sanghyuk’s idea and gave him a glare that caused him to laugh awkwardly before giving you the gift he bought for your birthday. The rest of the members gave you their gifts as well before excusing themselves and leaving Taekwoon’s apartment.

As soon as they left you put your plate down and walked toward the bathroom.
“Where are you going?” Taekwoon asked. 
You didn’t answer as you entered the bathroom and closed the door behind you. Half an hour later you got out of the bathroom and looked around before opening your suitcase and taking your pajamas out. Taekwoon came out from his bedroom when he heard you coming out of the bathroom. He back hugged you but you pushed him away. “Baby please!" 
"What do you want?”
“It was a joke!" 
"A joke? Do you know how I felt when I waited for you at the airport without you coming to pick me up? Do you know how I felt when you hung up without remembering my birthday? Do you know how I felt when I saw her in your bedroom, wearing your sweater?" 
"I wanted to surprise you! Sanghyuk said it’ll be a memorable birthday and I thought…" 
He paused for a second when he noticed you were sobbing again. He walked up to you and took you in his arms. 
"Did you really think I’d do this to you? Did you think I’d cheat on you?" 
You didn’t answer as you let your tears wet his shirt. He pulled you out and cupped your face forcing you to look at him. "I’d never do that to you! I’d never cause you pain! You know how much I love you!”
You remained silent as you stared at him, your vision blurry with tears. 
“I thought… I thought you’d get angry, yell at me and pull her by the hair.”
He chuckled. “The boys had a bet on you pulling her out of the room." 
You gave him a tiny smile and he printed a kiss on your temple before saying "This was a prank, a joke and I swear I’ll never do that again! I’m so stupid for actually listening to Sanghyuk!" 
"Yes you are." 
He looked at you in surprise. 
"Does this mean you forgive me?”
You shook your head “no." 
"Are you still mad at me?" 
"Yes." 
"What do I do to make you forgive me?" 
You thought for a few seconds before saying: 
"Sleep here." 
"On the sofa?”
“Yes." 
You knew the sofa was too tiny for his long legs to fit in and he’d have a terrible night sleeping on it, so this was the perfect punishment. 
"Or I’ll just go sleep at my place.” You said when you saw his hesitation. He pulled your arm.
“Fine. I’ll sleep here if it means you’ll forgive me.”

You gave him his pillow and a comforter and kicked him out of the room before closing the door. He tried to make you change your mind but to no avail. He walked toward the sofa and threw the pillow in frustration. “I’m kicking Sanghyuk’s next time I see him!" 
He sat down on the sofa and sighed audibly. He looked up when he heard the bedroom door open and he saw you coming out of the room rubbing your eyes and walking in his direction. Without a word, you tugged at his sleeve and pulled him behind you. He picked up his pillow and followed you inside his room. 
"I can’t sleep without you." 
You whispered before lying on bed and waiting for him to lay next to you. He buried himself under the comforter and pulled you into his arms, hugging you tightly. "I’m so sorry.” You hummed in response and buried your face in his chest. A few minutes later you pulled out and he looked at you, puzzled.
“Will you ever break up with me for someone else?" 
He was shocked by the sudden question; especially that he thought you were already asleep. He sat up in bed, reached for something inside the drawer of the night stand next to his bed before turning back to look at you.
"I was going to give you this tomorrow but I can’t wait." 
He opened the small box in his hand to reveal a ring with a tiny diamond on it. Your eyes widened in surprise and you stared at him as he said 
"Will you marry me?" 
Your tears were rolling down your face all over again as you said "I hate you!" 
"I’ll take that as a yes." 
Sliding the ring in your finger and kissing the back of your hand was the last thing you remember before falling asleep in his arms with a smile on your face.