Eclipse

Please Say You’ll Wait for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gwangju, February 2010

 

The street was quiet as there were not many cars passing by due to the snowfall and cold weather on the weekend. It was a perfect time to stay at home, drink a cup of tea or simply lay down under the blanket yet the man insisted to go somewhere directly despite the long flight he just had. He refused to wait any longer. Even though his body might be able to endure the fatigue, his heart couldn’t help but longing for that person. As he was sitting in the cab, he looked at the frosted window and wrote something using his index finger. It was someone’s name. He smiled as his mind wandered thinking about that special someone.

 

The car window was getting foggy so he reached his beautiful long fingers once again to wipe it and this time was clear enough to see the scenery outside. Nothing had changed much after he left the city eight months ago, however, everything felt new to him. He sipped the hot coffee on his hand without looked away from the window throughout the ride and when they arrived, the man was hesitant to get off the cab so he just waited inside. Fifteen minutes passed but there was no sign of the person he was waiting for, so in spite of the doubt, he finally managed to get out of the car and entered the school gate.

 

As he walked through the entrance, he greeted one of the security guard who turned out still remember him although it had been a while since the last time he came here. The school area was calm so he assumed everyone was still in the class. Then he went on to look around until the sight of rooftop drew his attention. Without thinking twice, the man was heading to the top immediately. It was colder up there but he seemed fine and even sat on the edge of the roof while recalling the last conversation he had with Yoochun twelve years ago.

 

“Chunnie, do you remember the little boy who came with me at the park yesterday?” Yunho asked without facing him and looked straight ahead instead.

 

“Ah Jaejoong? Why?”

 

“What do you think about him?”

 

Yoochun was puzzled by the strange question but still replied, “What I think about him? He is cute, adorable, a little bit too pretty for a boy, and the way he looked at you was kinda unusual, like, umm how should I say this..”

 

Yunho seemed curious, “Like what?”

 

“He was jealous and unwilling whenever you talked to us. He also refused to play and in contrast, he chose to follow you everywhere. That was weird you know.”

 

“Ah really?” Yunho asked in enthusiasm with a slight smirk and looked at his bestfriend who was immersed in confusion.

 

“YAH JUNG YUNHO, don’t tell me that you like him!! Hahahaha!! Are you kidding and going to tell me that you are gay?” The teen got no reaction and realized it wasn't a joke so he stood up immediately and pointed at Yunho in disbelief, “He is still five year old. How can a popular best student like you are interested in a little kid, well, even worse a boy. Hyung, don't be like this even though you are desperate to date someone. You can choose anyone and they will kneel in front of you! Do you want me to find a girl like Jun Jihyun?" Yoochun was talking non stop and didn't give his friend a chance to explain until Yunho grabbed the other's hand and looked at him in the eye. 

 

"Yoochun, listen to me.. I know this may seem stupid and illogical but I do like him. I'm more than aware of everything but I just can't help it. Look, I've been struggling with my feelings for the past few days and denied everything but in the end I realized I never felt this before with anyone."

 

The other was uncertain, "Ww..wait.. I'm not sure, hyung, this is too fast. I mean you just met him not a long time ago. Think about it, you won't be able date like everyone else then what will you do? How long will you wait for him until he is mature enough? What about your parents? You can find a better person. Just think of him as your younger brother."

 

Yunho was getting frustrated because he thought his bestfriend would at least understand, "Chunnie, will you believe me if I said I'm the happiest when I'm with him? Isn't it enough?"

 

The other stared at him trying to figure out the truth until he saw determination in Yunho's tender eyes. That was when he knew his bestfriend really meant it. He gave in and sighed.

 

"Fine, Jung, if you say so. Don't regret it later." He smiled then jokingly punched Yunho's arms.

 

"I won't. Thanks Yoochun for your support, it meant a lot for me."

 

"Sure hyung, as long as you're happy. You always get my back, okay." They shared a brother hug before returned to the class. Yunho felt much better after telling the truth to Yoochun. He was not certain of the future as the road ahead may be bumpy and winding but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter