Shadows

Please Say You’ll Wait for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The wind was blowing stronger on that day and the sun rose later than usual even though it was almost 7 in the morning. Yunho rubbed his palms together and put them into his long coat pocket just to get some warmth as he waited for his little sunshine. He had been standing in front of the wooden door for 20 minutes, yet there was no sign of the toddler. Then right when he was going to ring the bell, someone opened it and a lovely tiny figure appeared before him.

 

“Good morning Yunnie yoyo!” Jaejoong greeted Yunho cheerfully till his huge doe eyes were lost in his infectious smile. The boy was wearing his white-maroon uniform and a green mini backpack on his little shoulder with a Hello Kitty key chain hanging there. Yunho found it really cute and noted to give him similar stuffs later.

 

“Good morning too Joongie jiji! How are you today? Did you sleep well last night?” Yunho couldn’t hide his grin and asked the latter in no less enthusiasm as he bent down to gently cluttered Jaejoong’s silky hair.

 

“I’m super fine today because Joongie will meet Yunnie.” He smiled again, very innocent this time, while pointing his finger to the taller boy.

 

In fact, little Jaejoong didn’t get his beauty sleep just because he was too excited to go to school with his number-one-favorite-next-door-hyung. A white lie once should be fine, he thought silently and a slight smirk was hidden in his angelic face. At that time, they were ready to leave the house and already walked several steps until he remembered something.

 

“Ah yoyo, I dreamt about us last night!” He stopped walking and looked up to see Yunho.

 

“Really? What did we do then? Did I look handsome in your dream?” Yunho tried to control his tone as normal as possible because he would be lying if the word ‘us’ didn’t hit a soft spot in his heart.

 

This time it was Jaejoong’s turn to be flattered as his cheeks were blushing in red just by recalling his memories.

 

“Umm.. Are you sure you want to hear..because it is so weird?” He faced Yunho for a few seconds but became shy so he stared at the ground with his arms swinging nervously next to his petite body.

 

“Ha ha ha ha now you make me even more curious, Joongie. Aigoo why are you so cute?” Yunho reflex pinched Jaejoong’s cheek.

 

“…” The little boy surrendered and showed off his ultimate pout to melt the teen’s heart. Which was succeed in a first try.

 

“Alright Joongie, should we listen to your story while walking? We have to go to school anyway. Don’t you wanna be a good student like me?” Jaejoong agreed immediately because Yunho talked to him with his deep composed voice and a smile that could light the darkest soul.

 

“Okie.” He grabbed Yunho’s palm and held it tightly as they walked through the sidewalk.

 

Actually the weather was pretty chill but none of them felt that way, instead they found it warm when they were close to each other. The two looked beautifully perfect from behind with their shades following the path that was filled with dried leaves.

 

“Yunnie, do you see those shadows?” He pointed at their reflections on the road, “You are so tall and Joongie is very short. When will I be the same as you so we can stand side by side? Will you look at me by then?” He asked utterly innocent but a disappointment peeked in his face for a moment. Jaejoong was worried.

 

Yunho felt his heart stirred at the view. He couldn’t bear to see the pure soul in front of him was sad like that so he knelt down to cup the toddler in his palm and wiped Jaejoong’s flawless face extra gently as he was afraid to leave any marks. He studied every inch of the feature in front of him like trying to remember everything, then he talked to him softly.

 

“Ssstt Joongie my dear.. Look at us, aren’t we standing in front of one another? Ain’t Yunnie looking at you now? I can kneel down or lift you anytime so we can be at the same height. We complete each other, isn’t it perfect?”

 

“Lie.”

 

Yunho stared at him for a while then reached Jaejoong’s palms towards his own eyes to cover them.

 

“Jaejoongie, do you like talking to me with my closed eyes like this?”

 

“No.”

 

Yunho then released Jaejoong’s hand as he continued, “Right? Because we can’t tell the other person’s feeling that way. Which is why we can lie only when our eyes closed.  I can’t look at anyone but you and I’m telling the truth, Joongie, so please give me a chance to make you happy.”

 

The little Joongie was surprised at the sudden confession, his heart was pounding inside his little chest as if it was going to leave its place. This feeling was totally new to him. Even though he was too young to understand what it means, but one thing for sure, Jaejoong was very pleased to hear those words from Yunho. At the same time, his deep black eyes met the teens’ brown ones and both of them could sense it.

 

The most divine emotion.

 

The love.

 

“Yunnie, I wanna grow up really really fast.. So, you have to wait for me, okay?!” Jaejoong seemed so excited as his huge eyes twinkled. Yunho sighed a relief and curved his cupid bow lips into a smile.

 

“Yes Mr Joongie, I will. Besides, we’ve got a lot of time so let’s treasure it and make good memories.” They exchanged a smile again and both the innocent souls were too immersed in each others’ eyes to remember that they we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter