Enchanted

Please Say You’ll Wait for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeolla-do, Gwangju, 1998

 

It was early in the morning when he sat in front of the wide opened window, breathe in the cool yet soothing air. There were golden leaves lying scattered on the ground and the smell of dampness filled his nose. He just liked it. Ten minutes passed then he hugged himself as the weather became colder.

 

Ah, what a beautiful day, he thought while closing his dark almond eyes to absorb the moment, but something distracted him. 

 

The 15 year old boy finally opened his eyes and looked out for the noise. It seemed like he got a new neighbor.

 

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine girls he counted. What a big family! He talked to himself in amazement since he didn’t have any siblings. Yunho continued to look at the girls carefully and noticed that some of them were older than him, but the youngest who was still a toddler appeared very clingy to his mom. She was the prettiest little girl he had ever seen with her shiny black hair covering the small face.

 

Though it was far, he could see the toddler pouting his red pinkish lips which he found really cute. Then suddenly without any warning she turned her head and stared at him innocently. The teen couldn't help but like her immediately.

 

They kept looking at each other's eyes. Seconds became minutes. 

 

Soft wind blew the golden leaves away, but he couldn't take his sight away.

 

It was like both of them were under the spell.

 

"Yunho-ah..." His mother’s voice broke the silence between those two innocent souls.

 

“So here you are. I thought you were still sleeping at this hour, little boy.”

 

The son smiled and hugged his mother’s waist like a spoiled child, “Should I go back to bed?” he said cutely with his puppy eyes.

 

“Aigooo... My big baby is so cute!” She combed Yunho’s brown hair with her beautiful long fingers. Then she noticed the outside noise, “Did we just get a new neighbor? They all look adorable. Hey, maybe you can flirt with one of the girls.” A smirk showed up on her lovely face.

 

“I did.” Yunho noted on his mind. He searched for the little girl but she was nowhere to be seen.

 

 ♣  ♠  ♣  ♠  ♣

 

The next day, on his way home Yunho passed by a playground near his house and spotted someone familiar playing on the slide. A small figure with black hair. It was her! His mind shouted excitingly. With no second

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter