Prologue Part II: Sandara Park

I Didn't Want You, But I Needed You

She sat back in her seat, staring blankly at the bright screen a few feet from her face. It was playing an old rerun of 'Friends', although she wasn't giving it much attention. She'd always kind of liked that show, but the one thing he didn't understand was how those people could be so close. They relied on each other in way that she had never seen, and the people in the show weren't even real friends! Just simple actors playing simple, fake friends. But she's seen better acting of fake friends right before her very eyes back at her old schools. 

 
 
Starting halfway into the year, what a ing joke. 
 
 
Sure, she'd already gotten kicked out of three schools, one a prestigious academy, for putting all the es there in their places. But who cared? They needed. Her parents certainly didn't care one way or another where she was. They probably wouldn't even notice if she died right before their eyes. Their eyes were forever guled to their phones or computers, checking there stocks and making sure their company (which never would) didn't go under.
 
Back in Philippines, her family, the Park Estate, was royalty. They owned a huge trading company, and it was responsible for a lot of the Philippines' imports. Now, the bigger question is how would a girl from the perfect family end up like Sandara? The answer is simple. 
 
She'd been broken so many times that she forgot what it felt like to feel normal. 
 
Her parents had broken her, her 'friends' completely obliterated her, and her first and last love smashed her into so many pieces that she eventually just gave up trying to find them all. 
 
                       •          •          •          •          •
 
Sandara's first day was hell. 
 
She had been asked so many times how she could afford to come here and if she even spoke Korean. They spoke to her like she was five when they actually chose to talk to her. People looked at her like she was getting ready to steal something from them. And ever now and then, she'd hear some racist joke about her either being a halfer or some other dirty thing. Sandara could've cared less, and really wished she was back home. The only thing that kept them from really coming after her was her appearance she guessed. Sandara knew she was pretty, and also knew that was the only thing she had going for her.
 
 
At lunch, Sandara saw no open seats (which probably wasn't a coincidence considered her new reputation) except one next to some freak with teal blue hair. She sighed, rolled her eyes, and began to walk casually over to the table, careful to avoid the people aiming to trip her. 
 
Sitting down on the opposite side of the blue haired alien (ironic coming from her), Sandara opened her bag and searched for her lunch. Pretty soon after she had fetched her horrible lunch, she found the blue haired girl staring her up and down, like she checking to make sure she wasn't some foreign trash. Sure, Sandara had expected this from all the other losers here, but not from a fellow outsider. You could tell this girl was an outsider just by the way everyone looked at her. Sandara and her were just the same. 
 
" off. I'm new, so what!" Sandara half yelled, loudly enough for most people occupying the surrounding tables to hear.