Itching Palms and A Lost Voice

I Didn't Want You, But I Needed You

She knew there going to be a problem. She just had that feeling of something going to happen.

Class hadn't evem begun yet, and already her fists were itching to knock someone out. No one in particular though. Well, besides that blonde bozo looking girl who waltzed into the room carrying her head so high she thought it was going to snap off. Or maybe that also blonde haired guy who followed that girl quite closely, his whole space sporting guile (minus the intelligent part). He watched the girl walk in and sit down two seats over from the annoyed student who was clenching her face. He proceeded to take the chair between them.

"Hey, you. Are you new? You're pretty for a new girl. What's your name?" The boy kept the smirk on his face and his eyes on her, both purposely probably. His stare was intensely as we waited for any sort of a response.

"Sandara-" She began before being cut off.

"Don't talk to him." Commanding that blonde with thick eyeliner while leaning over her desk to see Sandara's face. "He tries to get with anything in a skirt."

"I'm not wearing a skirt . Wow, blondes really are dumb even if it's just fake blondeness." Sandara spat back, though in a quiter tone for the latter sentence. Irritation was setting in all over Sandara, and she really had to use all her strength not to slap both those imbeclies.

"Still, you've got the face. That face has the honor of holding the title 'a chick that I've hit'." He laughed at himself and the smirk was still glued to his face from ear to ear. Sandara was beginning to think that was his real smile. Not genuine, no that word couldn't be used in the same sentence with whatever his name was.

"Youngbae, shut up!" The blonde female glared daggers for a slight moment, but retreated the supposed Youngbae noticed her expression. Sandara found it really puzzling for that girl, who seemed to be oozing with confidence since she walked in to be so belittled by that man .

"Ah Chaerin, you might want to watch your tone. Hey, Sandara, would believe that Miss Lee Chaerin here is sleeping with Choi Seung-hyun? The perfect woman like her is going something like that. It's true, ask him yourself. She's such a little sl-" Before Youngbae could finish his insult, Sandara took the cup of coffee that was sitting atop his desk, tore the lid off, and poured it all over his hair.

"I. Didn't. Ask." Sandara Park took a hand full of his hair and pulled it back while whispering angerily into his face. Letting go suddenly, Youngbae's head hit the wall behind him. With that, the fumming girl took her bag and stomped off just a the professor was walking in to start class. Sandara wasn't really sure why she defended a girl she didn't even know. Instinct, maybe? No, that wasn't it. Could it be that that loser of a guy reminded her of the last boyfriend she had? When they were together, he acted like the perfect guy, that was until she found him cheating. One of that day, Sandara getting try to start a fight or throw anything, nothing like that. All she simply did was clean the house, and pack as he screamed at the top of his lungs that he was sorry. But she wasn't going to have it. Who can forgive their cheating fiance on the of their anniversary? Sandara doesnt doubt there are people who can, but she certainly couldn't forgive.

 

 

-  Sandara Park

 

 

 

"Daesung, would you like to sing yet? There's no pressure at all, I'm just asking." Organizing the sheet music, the choir director glanced up at Daesung's lost face. To be honest, this was the only class he attended. It'd be half a lie to say that Daesung didn't care about this class despite the fact that Daesung was almost invisible during it. He hated saying anything in class and he refused (more like couldn't) to sing. Some how though, the professor knew that he was unable to perform and still kept him. Most would've kicked him out and told him to get his act together.

Instead of saying a word, Daesung just shook his head slightly and waited for the other to show up. More minutes passed, but still no students showed up to class.

"They're on the trip to an oprea house. I'm leaving too, but I'll keep the room unlocked in the event that you actually feel like singing today. Please Daesung, it'll be good for you." Grabbing her bag, the teacher pleaded with her eyes to Daesung, yet he didn't move a muslce.

As a kid, singing was the only thing he'd ever do. Sure his family wasn't that supportive of him wanting to pursue it, that wanted him to be happy. And he remembers the day it happened. It was the middle of winter, and a few paces of ice had formed on the streets. His mother needed his car, so he asked the family driver to give him a ride to university. In the back seat, he was practicing for an audition that day. People say life is all about moments in time. These moments impact lives forever, either in a positive or negitive way. Daesung hadn't had many of these 'momemts' in his life, but this was by far the most important moment in his entire life. It all seemed to happen in slow motion, like he wasn't really in car when it happened, like he was a passerby on the street watching the accident happen. A car had hit a patch of black ice and sild into his, on the side he was sitting on. Something, he wasn't really sure what, hit his neck and punctured part of his vocal cords, that's what the doctors had told him. They said that there was still enough left of his original cords to have his voice sound the same,but it'd take lots of vocal theraphy. For his case, they refrained from group sessions, saying that they wanted him to regain his singing, not just talking.

The clock ticked on as the only sound in the room, and he still sat motionless.

Could he do it? Was singing even possible for him anymore? Should he try to find out? But what if he couldn't sing? And all that hard work was for absolutely nothing. Did he really want to face that dissapointment on this every day?

"I love you, baby I'm not a monster." He began, his voice a bit rasphy from not practicing. "I'm so sorry, but I love you." It seemed over-dramatic, but a few tears started flowing from his eyes and he collapsed to the floor. He remembered that one of his vocal coaches compared him a rose. How could anything as beautiful and graceful as a rose even be compared to something has horrible and failure-filled as him? He was, after all, just a washed up loser.

 

 

-  Kang Daesung