Reunion

Midnight Runway

{Angela’s POV}

 

            Summer break has finally come and had marked the day of summer tans, going to the beach everyday, and work. Sure work is kinda fun, besides the fact that I have to stand under the burning sun everyday for 15 hours straight (5 in the morning to 8 at night), and also having layers of makeup put on me for every new outfit I wear. Don’t get me wrong, my job is fun, I have one of my bestfriends with me being my awesome photographer, I became pretty good friends with all the makeup artists, hair stylists, clothing choreographers and pretty much everybody on set too. The problem is, whenever summer starts, I barely see my older brother, which is the only family I have left.  Sighing, I continue to pack my bag for the long summer expected to come, until I receive a call. Caller ID: Mark Tuan. Excitingly I pick up my phone and literally yell into the phone, “OPPA!!! How are you? Are you coming home this summer? Sorry, I’ll be gone for work again. We’re going for a photoshoot at Daecheon beach this summer. So what’s up oppa?”

         All I hear on the other side is chuckling until he finally answers me, “Hi Angie. First off first, how’s school? Then I’ll answer all your questions for you.”

            “Oh, school. School’s fine, I got the highest grades in my grade like you tell me to do every year. It’s just that this year has been rough.” I say, falling back onto my bed, laying my head on my pillow. “Oppa, when are you coming back to Seoul? I miss you. You’re my only family I have ever since mom and dad were killed. You’re coming back soon right? I’ll take time off work to see you if you do. Well at least I can try to.”

           “Angie, I’ll be back to see you for only a week, and then I have to continue touring with the group. You still have Eunbyung with you to talk to, and I’m always just a phone call away. I know you miss mom and dad a lot, it’s only been a year since their death and I still miss them too. We’ll talk more when I come back.” And then Mark paused, “Actually Angie, open the front door right now. There’s a surprise waiting for you.” Then there was silence, signaling that Mark had hung up. Next thing I knew, I was running to the door of our apartment, and swung open the door to see my brother standing there with his arms wide open.

            “OPPA!!” I scream, as I ran into his arms and hugged him as much as I could, then I looked up at him and told him to come in. “Markie, do you want anything to eat?” I ask, sounding like a mother as I walked towards the kitchen.

           “Wow! What a sudden change. From a six year old little girl greeting her older brother, to a mother asking her son what he wants to eat. But that’s what makes you so great.” He says, as he kissed my forehead. “Actually, I’m famished right now, and I have the boys waiting in the parking lot right now. Do you want to go out and eat tonight or do you want to cook for us."

            He’s right about my sudden change and I start to laugh at myself about it. After thinking for a while, debating if I want to cook for the boys or go out to eat, I figured it would be a whole lot easier to just go out and eat. “I want to go out and eat. But I get to choose what we eat ok?”

           “Sure, you can choose where to go. Now go get ready right now, and don’t take to long. You have 20 minutes to get ready….starting now!” Mark says, and so I took off towards my room and washroom, throwing on whatever I first saw in my closet and lightly putting on some makeup. After putting on the final touches of my clothing and makeup I leave my bedroom and call up Eunbyung.

            “Yeoboseyo?”

            “Yah! Eunbyung-ah! Get ready. My brother’s back and the others are here as well, and we’re going out to eat. We’ll be there to pick you up in half an hour. Bye.” And then I hung up and walked into the living room to see the whole Got7  sitting there and playing video games on the TV. Bambam was the first to see me and told the others that I was ready. “Let’s go, we have to go pick up Eunbyung too. I just called her telling her to get ready.” I grabbed my car keys and we split everybody into two cars. In my car, I was driving Eunbyung, Youngjae, Bambam and Yugyeom. While in Mark’s car, he was driving Jaebum, Jinyoung, and Jackson. After splitting off I started to drive to Eunbyung’s house, taking the shortest route there.

          “How have you been doing Angie?” Youngjae asked me, riding shotgun beside me. “How’s work and school? Miss me?” Youngjae smirks towards me.

            “Awe! Jae-jae you’ve grown so much! You’re so cute now! Like, ever since you’ve debuted I couldn’t believe that my childhood friend Jae-jae became this hot hunk loved by girls all over the world!” Empathizing his nickname multiple times, knowing how much he hated the nickname I gave him as we were kids, and behind us my other childhood friends Bambam and Yugyeom started laughing there heads off. Even Youngjae was laughing a little at what I had said.

          “Fine. You win this round, Angie. Now seriously how’s work and school?” Youngjae says, trying to stifle his laughing, while the two boys behind us kept snickering under their breaths.

            Laughing myself a little, I answer Youngjae truthfully. “I’ve been fine Youngjae. It’s just that school has been a little rough and work has taken up a lot of my time. But it’s fine, don’t worry too much.” I say, giving him a weak smile at the end.

             “Is this about that guy, Angie?” Yugyeom speaks up, and Bambam and Youngjae looks at Yugyeom strangly.

          “What boy are you talking about?” Bambam and Youngjae talk about at the same time, not noticing me fuming and glaring at Yugyeom through the rear mirror for bringing that up.

            “Nothing!”  Yugyeom says, as he notices me glaring at him through the mirror and turned his head towards the window, peering at Seoul’s glistening lights, as we drove past.

            As for the rest of the ride to Eunbyung’s house, all was quiet and no one dared to talk after realizing how pissed off I had suddenly turned.


A/N: Hey everybody, Admin T here. Here's the first chapter for Midnight Runway. Though it may be alot, I do hope you continue to read. I'll try to update as soon as I can. Oh, and for spoiler for the next few chapters, there'll soon be a few more new characters coming up.