Dance.

My Criminal Boyfriend

Hyejeong almost wanted to jump at the glass separating her from Daehyun. Is he really here and facing her right now? Hyejeong had a million questions that needed to be answered right now. But it was Daehyun's voice that snapped her out of it and it was him who brought her back to earth.

"Hyejeong? Are you okay?" Daehyun started to panic and she finally snapped out of her trance. She nodded and smiled at him gratefully. 

He smiled and nodded, "okay, good, I didn't want my girlfriend to be scared of me or something." Hyejeong winced unknowingly when he suggested that she would even think of being afraid of him. 

'I would never be afraid of you, oppa!' She wrote in her notebook and showed him with an angry face. His deep, husky voice reverberated in her ears and she felt the hairs on her back stand up and tingle a bit. Hyejeong immediately stopped pouting and looked at him deep in the eyes, staring into his soul. Did he feel the same? Did he still like her just as much as she did? 

"So what have you been doing in class?" Daehyun asked and watched as Hyejeong started scribbling in her little notebook. 

Hyejeong talked about her classes and how she had learned new lessons about how chameleons are able to change colour and math facts that her teacher had told her. However, not once did she mention how Daehyun's best friends had treated her less than trash in school today. She knew if she told him, he wouldn't be too happy and that would stir up some trouble between them. 

She stayed there until every single second of her available time was up and she was forced to leave. Hyejeong glanced at the clock and looked at the policeman standing behind her, waiting for her to leave. 'I'll come tomorrow, same time,' Hyejeong scribbled before she was ushered out. Daehyun nodded and mouthed, 'I will wait for you.' 

Hyejeong was escorted out of the visiting room and saw the same policeman that had helped her the other day. She bowed respectfully at him and smiled kindly. 

"Did you get to see your boyfriend?" Woohyun asked. She nodded and showed him the notebook she had used to communicate with him. 

The lad bowed again and left the police station without glancing back, but behind her, remained a very jealous friend who had set his eyes on her since day one. 

 

'I made it!' Hyejeong thought inwardly to herself and knocked on the door of EXO's mansion. It's definitely not like she spent forever trying to locate the address they had given her last she was here. But how do they even afford this huge house without going into debt? Hyejeong stared at the house in awe before the front gates opened and Xiumin walked out calmly. 

"Wow! You're really here!" Xiumin greeted her with a smile and guided her into their mansion. 

The rest of the members were in the living room watching TV and the younger ones were studying for upcoming tests and quizzes. The first one to notice she was finally here was Chen and the rest of them immediately lit up when they saw her. 

"Hyejeong's here!" Chen dropped what he was doing and approached her with the rest of EXO behind him. Hyejeong laughed nervously and backed up a bit, keeping some space in between them. 

"Oh, she's finally here? It's not like it's already 7PM," D.O rolled his eyes but smiled at Hyejeong when he saw her, "I told you guys someone should've stayed with her to show her the way here."

Hyejeong immediately shook her head and waved her hands, 'I was with my boyfriend, I'm sorry I couldn't find this mansion sooner.' She bit her lip and bowed deeply. 

Kai smacked D.O at the back of his head, "you idiot, you made it sound like it's her fault now." Hyejeong laughed nervously and shook her head, 'it's alright.'

D.O stuck out his tongue at Kai and ran to Suho for protection. I chuckled a bit. 'Why am I here though?' Hyejeong wrote on a piece of paper and looked at Kris at the back of the crowd. He chuckled and looked at Baekhyun, who was conveniently right beside him. 

"We're going to a club!"

 

Hyejeong looked around nervously for someone, anyone from her group of friends. They had promised to stay beside her but she was all by herself at the bar stool, surrounded by drunk and loud, obnoxious people who were looking for someone to hook up with. Curse her short height, she couldn't locate anyone even if she wanted to since it was so dark here and all the faces and people's attributes melded together into one big, black blob of darkness. 

She stood up on the stool and looked around. At last! Kris was on the other side of the dance floor and she sighed in relief. She waved her arms in the air to try to get his attention but he didn't look her way at all. Hyejeong blew a raspberry and crossed her arms. Crossing the dance floor would be a definite challenge for her since she couldn't talk and ask them to excuse her. 

'Worth a try, I guess,' she thought to herself and got on the dance floor. The music was overpowering and it made her insides churn and vibrate along with the beat. Hyejeong tried to keep her hands to herself but she slowly got lost in the crowd and couldn't see Kris anymore. 

"Hyejeong?" Baekhyun soothing voice suddenly appeared and she sighed in comfort. Hyejeong turned around to see Baekhyun there, looking as worried as ever. She pressed herself closer to him to avoid the dancing bodies on the dance floor and looked up at him with pleading eyes, 'please get me out of her.' She mentally begged, but he didn't seem to understand and looked at her confusedly.

"Hyejeong-ah, let's dance together," Baekhyun asked and stretched out his hand. Hyejeong gulped and couldn't find the nerve inside her body to refuse his request. She nodded hesitantly and let Baekhyun guide her on the dance floor. It was as if on cue, the song had suddenly changed to a slower paced song and the people on the dance floor started complaining a little but got over it. 

Suddenly, Chanyeol's booming voice sounded on the P.A system.

"Sorry guests, this song is for our beloved friends, Hyejeong-shi and Baekhyun-shi." She looked over at Chanyeol at the DJ setup and watched as he winked at her. Hyejeong bit her lip and started to feel extremely guilty. 

Could she dance with someone else even though she was already dating Daehyun? Is this cheating? As the night began to fall, even more, the gnawing in her stomach never left and got even worse. 

The song finally ended and Hyejeong hurriedly excused herself from Baekyun. Her stomach was tied into knots and she just wanted to leave and go home right now. Hyejeong looked around for Kris, or Chen, or Suho, just anyone who wasn't Baekhyun. The night was falling quickly and she really just wanted this night to end. 

"Hyejeong, what's wrong?" Kris' voice was the one who comforted her and she immediately ran towards him. She looked up at his overpowering height and pleaded in her head, 'please, I want to go home.' 

This time, he seemed to understand what she wanted and he nodded quietly. Hyejeong was so lucky that Kris had a licence and could drive her home immediately. The rest of the car ride was quiet and Kris didn't say a word about her break down in the car. When they arrived at her house, he parked at the curb and stayed quiet as Hyejeong sobbed at the back of the car. 

Hyejeong didn't want to be here. She wanted to be with Daehyun and she missed him. 


Wow! I'm not dead. :33 Sorry I haven't been updating. I really just lost the motivation to write this story again and continue it, but I thought about it and I decided to start again. It's summer break and I have nothing else to do. My boyfriend and leaving for a trip so I decided to write for all you lovelies here again ^_^ Sorry for being inactive again >.<