Criminal.

My Criminal Boyfriend

Hyejeong opened her eyes and was greeted by broad daylight. She rubbed her eyes with a yawn and looked at the spot beside her bed. There was an empty spot. She looked up curiously but got up to get ready for a Saturday morning. Obviously, with no parents, Hyejeong had to go to part-time jobs to support her life and such like that. She walked out of the room and entered the bathroom to get ready for the day. Hyejeong washed her face and brushed her teeth than opened the washroom door to head downstairs. 

When Hyejeong went downstairs, she saw Daehyun already cooking breakfast and smiled to herself. She crept downstairs quietly in her bunny slippers and headed towards the kitchen. Hyejeong was about to reach her boyfriend when he turned around in his bunny apron and stared at her. Hyejeong looked at the apron than back at him and covered her face with her hand. Her boyfriend looked at her with wide eyes then turned back around to take it off quickly. 

"Hyejeong-ah, come back here." Daehyun demanded and chased the already-running-away Hyejeong. 

She ran around the living room but Daehyun obviously had longer legs and caught up with her in no time. Her boyfriend caught her hand and wrapped his long arms around Hyejeong's tiny body to prevent her from escaping. Hyejeong laughed whole heartedly as Daehyun tickled her and he also laughed as well.

"Do you regret laughing at me in your bunny apron?" Daehyun asked as he held her tight. Hyejeong shook her head and tried to escape before Daehyun caught her again and tickled her once more. 

"How about now?" Daehyun raised his eyebrow but Hyejeong still shook her head and slipped out of his grasp. She ran around the living room again until she was caught in a corner by Daehyun.

"Than kiss me. I'm heart broken." Daehyun pretended to sniffle and 'cried'. Hyejeong rolled her eyes and pecked him on his cheek, "how about on my lips?" Hyejeong sighed and pecked him lightly but Daehyun caught her lips and it turned into a real kiss.

"Now I'm satisfied." Daehyun said after he broke the kiss and left Hyejeong blushing madly. She shook her head then followed him to the kitchen. Hyejeong took her notebook with her and scribbled something down really fast.

Oppa, can we go shopping after you pick me up? I need to get some hair bands. Hyejeong tapped his shoulder and showed him.

"Babe, I think you look fine with your hair down." Daehyun said and furrowed his eyebrows.

Nooooo, my hair is too thick and it always gets in my way~ Hyejeong pleaded and gave him a pout. Her boyfriend protested for 1 second then nodded wordlessly. Hyejeong smiled in victory and brought the dishes to the table. 

"Hyejong-ah, don't you want to take the day off? You've been working every day for the past 2 months. I think you need a rest." Daehyun said, looking up from his plate. 

Hyejeong stopped eating and thought about it. It would've meant that she would get yelled at for missing a day but she would be able to spend a day with her boyfriend. But at least, a few hundred dollars would be cut from her payment. But taking a break would be really nice after working 7 days a week at part-time jobs for 2 months. Hyejeong debated in her head for a few minutes before nodding at the suggestion and continued with her breakfast. 

Oppa, do you want to ask B.A.P oppa-deul to join us? Wouldn't it be a little more fun with them around? Hyejeong wondered as she was washing the dishes.

"Do you want to? They don't seem very fond of you." Daehyun said as he dried the dishes. 

They're your friends, so is that a yes? Hyejeong smiled at him and leaned against him gently. 

Daehyun smiled to himself and dried all the dishes before going upstairs and changing into public clothing. 


"Hyung, can't you gather all of them and come out for a day? Just this one day. Hyejeong wanted you to come out." Daehyun said quietly as Hyejeong went downstairs.

"Are you serious, you know she can't talk but you're still with her? She can't even utter one sound, Daehyun. Think about it." The person on the other line tried to convince him but he already knew the answer. 

"Hyung, I already said that a billion times. No, I won't. So I guess that's a yes." Daehyun said and ended the call. He didn't once like it when his friends disagreed with his relationship.

Daehyun went downstairs and found Hyejeong smiling at him with shining eyes. She walked to the door and wore her shoes. Daehyun looked at her back and sighed to himself and wore his shoes as well. He wennt behind his girlfriend and back-hugged her. Hyejeong jumped in surprise at the sudden action but smiled and held his hand.

"I'm not going to let anyone hurt you. Lee Hyejeong, you are Jung Daehyun's girl. Okay?" Daehyun mumbled in her long, brown hair. Hyejeong smiled even more and nodded in agreement. 

Daehyun and Hyejeong headed out the door holding hands to find his friends waiting on their door step. They looked like they were really annoyed but Hyejeong just smiled at them and bowed in respect. Daehyun's grip on her hand grew a little tighter by the second and Hyejeong tapped his shoulder a little. Her boyfriend looked at their intwined hands and loosened a little after seeing the red marks on her hand appearing. 

"Thank's hyung, for coming..." Daehyun said and averted his gaze. 

"No problem, Daehyun. I wouldn't want to say no to our Hyejeong's invitation now, would I?" Yongguk said with a little venom in his voice. Daehyun twitched a little and grit his teeth. Hyejeong looked completely fine and didn't seem to be bothered by what he said. 

The couple walked awkwardly infront of the other 5 boys and the other 5 boys walked normally like nothing ever happened. Every so often, Hyejeong would stop infront of some shops and asked Daehyun to buy somethings. Of course, the boys were just there to tag along but sometimes, Hyejeong would stop in front of shops for them and asked them if they had wanted something. 

Obviously, nobody talked during the 'shopping trip' and Hyejeong didn't exactly talk, she really just did all the shopping, though. Hyejeong and the boys came upon an ice cream store and Hyejeong's eyes shimmered like stars. Just like normal girls or people, everybody likes ice cream and if not, popsicles are also ice cream. She turned to her boyfriend and grinned, doing a little peace sign.

"Is it okay with you guys? I'm taking her to the ice cream shop here, want to eat some as well?" Daehyun offered like he knew how to read Hyejeong's mind. Another blondie beside Yongguk shrugged and entered the shop.

"Let's go, then." The rest of the people entered the shop without another word and Daehyun went to buy ice cream for his girlfriend and him. The rest of the boys just found a spot or went to buy ice cream for themselves. 

Hyejeong took out her notebook and scribbled something on the piece of paper when Daehyun got back with 2 ice cream bowls. Oppa, why are you so mean to your friends? It was their decision, right? Hyejeong asked out of curiousity, totally oblivious to the situation. Daehyun felt his heart beat faster when she asked that. He couldn't tell the truth but he also didn't want to lie. He was going to respond when he was interupted by the same blondie from before.

"Neh, Yongguk hyung told us to gather because you had invited us to come out. We were also bored at home." Jongup interupted Daehyun when he passed by and had read what Hyejeong had wrote. She nodded with a smile and ate the ice cream Daehyun had bought. 

After more shopping around the streets, day turned to night and it was already 7:36 PM. Daehyun checked his watch and ushered the other 5 boys to leave since it was already really late. After what felt like 2 seconds, the boys left the couple alone and went back home in their own direction. 

"Hyejeong-ah, wanna go to the carnival? I heard that today was the last day." Daehyun suggested but Hyejeong just turned the other way and ignored him. Daehyun grinned a little and came infront of Hyejeong.

"Come on, you're not that mad now, are you?" Daehyun gave a failed attempt puppy face and Hyejeong couldn't help but laugh. Her boyfriend ruffled his hair and looked down in shame. 

Hyejeong took is hand and nodded. Daehyun smiled and headed towards the carnival. Just on their way to the carnival, they passed by a jewllery store and Hyejeong stood there, admiring the double heart-shaped necklace. Daehyun looked the way she was looking and smiled, he pulled his girlfriend into the store and asked the sales person to show them the necklace on display. Hyejeong widened her eyes and quickly scribbled something on her notebook.

Oppa! I just thought it looked pretty, you don't have to buy it, it's really expensive! Hyejeong tugged Daehyun's sleeve but he just ignored her and already bought it. Hyejeong bit her lip when they left the store while Daehyun held the bag. He smiled sheepily but Hyejeong just sighed and didn't try to protest.

"Sorry babe, I thought you wanted it." Daehyun said but he already knew that Hyejeong had wanted it in the first place and she didn't protest. 

After that, they were approached by a drunken man that had become red after drinking so many bottles of beer. He had reeked of alcohol and had stumbled towards Hyejeong with her realizing. Daehyun had noticed right away and blocked his way with a fierce glare. The drunk man returned the glare just as fierce.

"You're in my way, you bastard." He spat and Hyejeong clang onto Daehyun tightly. Her boyfriend looked at her with piercing eyes but said nothing and tried to pass when the drunkard blocked their way. 

"Please move, drunk person." Daehyun said just as cold. The drunk man scoffed and charged at him, stumbling a little. Hyejeong let go of her boyfriend and he easily dodged. Hyejeong hid beside a tree and bit her lip anxiously.

Daehyun and the drunk man punched and kicked each other at full power but the drunk man was obviously losing. The drunkard went up against the wall and growled at Daehyun than let out a string of curses until he quickly ran towards Hyejeong and held her tightly around her neck. Hyejeong didn't have enough time to react and was easily caught by him. Tears brimed her eyes and she coughed a lot, she was definetly choking. Daehyun crused under his breath and tightned his fist.

"Move once and you're girlfriend will die from suffocation!" The drunkard laughed like a mad man. 

"HYEJEONG! Get away from that bastard!" A voice called out. Hyejeong looked back at her boyfriend with tears in her eyes.

She protested in the other's grasp around her waist and fought against his power even if it weren't possible. Hyejeong looked back again and cried for her boyfriend's help. 

Chuk. What was that sound? Hyejeong thought. She soon felt the grasp around her waist loosen up and realized that her boyfriend had stabbed the guy on the back. She looked at her boyfriend in shock but was relieved at the same time. Hyejeong ran to her boyfriend and hugged him so tight, she was like a tightened rope. I'm so glad, Daeyhun-ah... Hyejeong thought and buried her face in his chest, bursting into tears again. Daehyun dropped the knife and hugged her back.

"Hyejeong-ah..." Daehyun mumbled and closed his eyes in relief. 

"POLICE! PUT YOUR HANDS UP, BOTH OF YOU." A booming voice echoed through the alley and Hyejeong looked up with her puffed up eyes and raised her hands slowly, traumatized with shock. What's going on? She thought. Hyejeong looked to her right and saw that Daehyun had done the same. 

They were both pushed harshly into a police car and driven to the police station for questioning. 

"Jung Daehyun-ssi, you are charged with attempted murder on Kim Myungook-ssi. You will be staying in jail for 2 years. If Kim-ssi did not wake up, you would have been charged with murder." The judge said in court. 

Hyejeong broke into tears and sobbed uncontrollably in court.

"Kim Myungook-ssi, you will not be charged anything as you were just a mere witness of the scene. We have no proof you had done a crime." The judge added and Hyejeong widened her eyes. She stood up immediately and quickly scribbled something down. 

Judge Kim, this is not true! Kim Myungook-ssi assaulted me and Jung Daehyun did nothing but protect me! Please, re-watch what happened! He is a CRIMINAL! Hyejeong held her notebook up but Judge Kim merely ignored her. 

Kim Myungook looked towards Hyejeong and smirked. Jung Daehyun gritted his teeth but said nothing. He looked away from Hyejeong and closed his eyes. Myungook mentally cheered for victory while Hyejeong cried and cried, and cried.


Yes! I finally finished it! Please bow to me! Yes! I'm so sorry I changed the plot every reader *bows 180 very deeply* I thought, 'maybe having a twist with the plot wasn't so bad'. So, I did it! Guess what happens next~ *leaves the room*