DRIP THREE

SHIRO

“Who is that?”

“Is she new? She’s cute.”

“She looks creepy.”

“Why is she with Prince Nathan?”

 

Murmurs and whispers bombarded them as soon as the two walked in the University. They received all kinds of looks from almost the whole school population.

Lucia not liking the attention she was receiving bowed her head lower than it is and tried to catch up with her new-found brother. But the said new-found brother suddenly picked his pace up leaving Lucia alone.

 

She was stricken. And tears were threatening to fall but she kept her cool and made sure that she will never cry. She was crying her whole life already, and she was determined to do everything she can to live with a normal life, in any way possible.

As she was about to turn at a corner, she was shoved to the ground with a strong push.

 

“Oh my! We are so sorry!” It was a girl with a ponytail that can rival the seaweeds under the sea. “We thought it was just another wall!” A series of irritating sound called laughter filled her ears. And she did not like it one bit.

“I’m sorry for the inconvenience.” She said calmly. Remembering what Miss Agatha had told her when tey first met, ‘Never engage in a fight. We don’t know what you might do.”

 

The group of girls, noticing the lack of resistance from the girl, suddenly becomes irritated.

“You’re boring. No wonder Prince Nathan left you, ALONE.”

Her eyes dilated for a split second as she heard those words. She was about to talk back when a hand suddenly grab her face from behind and dragged her away.

 

“You may go now, Ladies! Classes are starting ya’know!” The owner of the hand who shoved her away, waved and smiled to the group of girls and they just walked away with dreamy eyes.

Weird was the first thought in Lucia’s mind. She suddenly realized that the guy’s hand was still in her face and she suddenly jolted back in response.

“I’m sorry for the inconvenience.” Lucia bowed as a sign of apology.

The guy made a toothy grin. And Lucia don't know what happened to her chest, it felt heavy all of a sudden. She was new to this kind of feeling and she was having a hard time deciphering it. “Shouldn’t I get a ‘Thank you’ instead?”

She looked at him. He had blue eyes, like a cat. His hair was reddish-brown and messy. He wore his uniform differently and he had this bright aura surrounding him, it was too much for Lucia to handle. She didn’t know what to say.

“Just say ‘Thanks’ that would be enough.”

Lucia fidgeted with the hem of her skirt. “T-Thanks.”

“See? It ain’t hard right?” The guy ruffled her hair and walked away. Lucia was taken aback by the sudden action and could not move. She was ready to continue walking when the guy jogged back to her and shook her hand.

“I’m Terrence by the way! See ya’round!” Then he ran off again.

Suddenly, the school bell rang. And Lucia almost face plamed when she remembered that she still needs to find her classroom. And she has no idea on where she is.