DRIP TWO

SHIRO

“Mom, what on earth is the meaning of this?” He was standing in the kitchen with a scowl while looking at his Mom who is preparing breakfast for both of them.

 

Them, meaning him, his mother, and his so-called 'sister'.

 

“Not now,Nathaniel. Soon.”

“How ‘soon’ is that gonna take?” He sat on a stool chair by the counter and grabbed a piece of garlic bread and inwardly smiled for a moment when the sweet and sour flavor reached his taste buds.

 

A plate with a sunny-side up and bacons landed in front of him. “It will come definitely.”

He just rolled his eyes and munched the rest of his garlic bread and was ready to take another piece when a hand stooped him midway.

 

“How are you eating those?” A soft feminine voice spoke beside him with a hint of fear in her voice.

He shook his wrist away and looked at the owner of the hand.

“I munch it.”

The sarcasm in his voice was clearly heard by her and her features suddenly turned embarrassed.

“I’m sorry for my intrusion.”

 

 “Nathaniel Evans, she is your sister, not just a random stranger!” His Mom quickly reprimanded from the dining room.

Nathaniel just looked away and stood. “Eat. I don’t want to be late on the first day.” And he disappeared into his room.