Japchae

The Side Dish
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Nayoung looked at the address on her phone again, making sure that the place she came to was right. The city, the district, the street, the unit number. After making sure, knocked on the door in front of her. "Jayoung! Open up! My bag is heavy, I'd appreciate it if you let me come in now!" With each word, her knocks got louder. "Jayoung! Open up!" She started getting irritated at each passing second, she's an impatient person after all.

Once the door opened, Nayoung immediately hugged the person who opened it, she assumed that the person was Jayoung, her older sister.

"Sis! I really missed you! How's your job in YG so far? Did you see Bigbang? 2NE1? How are you? How's Serri? Sis, did your s suddenly disappear or something I can't feel them anymore."

"Uh... I'm not Jayoung."

Nayoung froze. That was a different voice. Heck, that didn't even belong to a woman. Nayoung slowly pulled away and looked at to the person.

It was a guy, a stranger. "S-Sorry. Who are you?"

The guy coughed before answering with a hoarse voice. "Chanwoo. Jung Chanwoo."

"Sorry, Chanwoo. I must have come into the wrong house. I'm sure that this is the address my sister texted me." Nayoung apologized while scratching the back of her head. "It's fine. So, you're Jayoung noona's sister?" Chanwoo asked, to which Nayoung nodded to. "Oh! I'm Nayoung by the way. How do you know her?" Nayoung asked.

"She hung out with the hyungs once, so I met her there." Chanwoo answered. "Oh. Well, do you know where she lives now? Even though I'm her sister, I'm not sure where she's staying right now... Nayoung trailed off. "No. But I'll ask the hyungs later. Can you stay here until they come back? I'm sure they're practicing right now." Chanwoo mentally facepalmed. He forgot that the other members would surely come back later at night.

"Who do you mean by 'the hyungs'?" Nayoung couldn't help but ask. "The other IKON members." Chanwoo replied. Nayoung looked up to the ceiling. You can say that was her 'thinking pose'. "IKON... Oh! I've searched you guys in Google before, you guys are trainees right? Right. Too bad you guys aren't debuting yet though. I think you're all good enough to debut." Nayoung babbled. "Why aren't you practicing with them right now though?"

Chanwoo sneezed before answering. "I'm sick."

And that's when Nayoung took in his appearance. Pale lips, runny nose, bloodshot eyes. Her motherly instincts immediately came out. "What are you standing there for? Go lie down on your bed or something!" Nayoung helped Chanwoo to his room as he directed to where it is. Nayoung tucked Chanwoo in bed and sat on the edge of the bed. "Do you need anything?"

Chanwoo wanted to say no. He didn't want to bother a guest after all. But it seemed like his body didn't agree. His stomach grumbled rather loudly, causing Nayoung to burst out laughing. "Alright, I'll go cook you something. I'll try to find cans of soup in the cupboards. Be right back." Nayoung left and disappeared off into the dorm's kitchen. 

Chanwoo listened to the clanking of bowls on marble, the creeking of the cabinets, and of course, the not-so-soft humming of Nayoung. He soon noticed that the girl was humming the song 'Come Back Home' by 2NE1.

Thirty minutes later, Nayoung came back with a tray which had a bowl of steaming hot alphabet soup, a tall glass of water, and a bottle of pills. "Sorry it took so long. But I hope you will like the soup. I'm not exactly as great as my sister in terms of cooking." Nayoung says as she carefully placed the tray on the bedside table. She held the bowl of soup with her left hand and a spoon in her right hand. Although the bowl felt hot, Nayoung endured it. You can say that her hands got used to heat after assisting her sister with cooking when she was younger.

Chanwoo sat up as Nayoung sat beside him.

Nayoung scooped some soup and blew it to let it cool off before feeding it to Chanwoo. "How is it?" Nayoung nervously asked. The last time she made someone taste her food, the person ended up gagging right on the very first bite. "It's somehow salty. But it's good enough." Chanwoo answered honestly.

After feeding Chanwoo and making him take his m

Please log in to read the full chapter