Fish cakes

The Side Dish
Please log in to read the full chapter

Today was the first day of training of Serri. And mine too. They told me that before getting down and dirty with make up, I needed to practice on someone first. And since I'm a girl and I already know how to cake a girl's face, I had to practice on a guy. They at least gave me the privilege to choose any guy I want. Even if I choose G-Dragon, Taeyang, heck even a trainee, it would be okay.

But even with the advantage to actually meet a really famous celebrity, I decided to choose Bobby. I mean, we've talked before. We're at least acquaintances now right? Yeah. When I told the head noona, she was all like, "Are you sure? I mean, not to sabotage his idol reputation but he can be quite a pain.." Nonetheless, I still decided to go for Bobby. It's just putting on make up on someone, what can possibly go wrong?

And now here I am, waiting for the guy in one of the dressing rooms here in the company.

While waiting, my thoughts drifted back to Serri. I passed by a few practice rooms a while ago and I had a glimpse of tired, pale, worn out, and almost lifeless trainees. Concern started tugging on my heart. I packed up a good lunch for Serri before she went on ahead. I also inserted snacks and two water bottles into her bag before she left. Hopefully, that would be enough.

"Thanks, mom." She would always tease me whenever I tried taking care of her. I admit, I can be such a naggy mom sometimes.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the door open. I turned and found Bobby. His mouth curved into a smile when his eyes found mine. But soon, his happy face turned into a confused one. "Sorry. Must be in the wrong room. Do you know anyone by the name of Yoon Jayoung?"

"I am Jayoung. Idiot." I muttered the last part.

"Oh, what happened to your glasses? Realized you look ugly in them?" Bobby asked. 

I couldn't help but to roll my eyes. I told him the story of how Serri knocked them off as I pushed him on a leather seat in front of a big mirror. "Well, it's fine. You look prettier without them anyway." Then again, his mouth stretched into a smile. 

"Now, let's get down to business. I need to cover your face with make up. I don't really know why I have to practice since this is like painting on someone's face. But well, they said I need to cake up your face as if you're about to debut." I explained. "Well, I'm ready." Bobby closed his eyes.

I grabbed the foundation. I opened the case and started powdering up his face.

When I started powdering up his neck, I spotted a scar. It was as long as my thumb. "Oh, where did you get this?" My fingers grazed on the scar. But they were immediately pulled back away by Bobby, his left hand was harshly holding onto my right wrist. "They're nothing." His tone had a hint of panic. "Alright alright. I'm sorry." I apologized and yanked away my wrist from his hand. Great, my wrist now had a red mark on it. Was his hold that tight?

Okay, maybe it was partially my fault for probing. 

After that, it was silent. No one dared to speak. He's probably mad at me for not minding my own business. 

Ugh, this is why I prefer being anti-social.

 

-

 

Now done with Bobby's face, I called the noona in charge to show her. Fortunately, she was satisfied with my work and told me that I didn't even need training anymore, it was like I was already an expert. After thanking her, I left the dressing room. I didn't want to stay in there any longer. The awkward at

Please log in to read the full chapter