Potato Salad

The Side Dish
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

It was six in the morning when my alarm clock started ringing. I'd love to continue sleeping but since I was the type of person who couldn't fall back asleep after being woken up, I got up anyway. I turned the alarm clock off in a minute to avoid disturbing Serri, who was on the other side of the room still sleeping on her bed, from her slumber. Not that she would wake up anyway, she's a heavy sleeper.

After stretching and warming up, I headed to the kitchen.

I grabbed eggs and frozen bacon from the fridge. Soon after preparing the pan and all other utensils I needed, I started cooking Serri's favorite breakfast.

Her favorite is Bacon and Eggs, while mine are pancakes with delicious maple syrup. What we both had in common for breakfast time was that we both like orange juice.

I was done with cooking up the food in just a few minutes. I sighed in content with my work. Sometimes, cooking brings me happiness too. I thought that this was the perfect time to wake Serri up.

I turned around yelped in surprise. Because suddenly, I was face to face to with a drowsy Serri. Her bareface made her appearance scary.

Kidding. She's still pretty with or without makeup. 

"Good morning." I greeted after recovering from my surprised look. Serri only hummed in response then sat down on one of the chairs and started eating. 

"I'll go shower first since you're still eating." I stated before running off to the bathroom. 

 

Now done with taking a shower and putting on clothes, (I took clothes with me to the bathroom) I opened the bathroom door and found Serri already waiting. "Thanks for the bacon and eggs." She smiled at me before entering the bathroom.

I skipped off back to the kitchen, eager to eat. I'm so hungry already!

But my smile soon turned into a frown.

Serri had eaten everything, leaving nothing for me.

Oh well, at least I heard a thank you right? Plus nothing bad will happen if I skip breakfast for just this one time right? Right. 

I shrugged off the issue and proceeded onto heating up the food I prepared yesterday for mine and Serri's lunch.

 

-

​Lunch time.

 

Apparently, the IKON boys (specifically Bobby) had invited Serri to go eat lunch with them in the cafeteria. Fortunately, my schedule was clear and I had time to guard Serri from the boys. I'm not an idiot. It's obvious that they find Serri pretty and want to get to know her better. I won't intervene on their buddy-buddy session but if someone starts to flirt with her I'll have my mouth lecturing them about how Serri already has a boyfriend. 

We were all seated now in one table.

Everyone was starting to eat already. Just when I was about to take my first spoonful of fried rice, I noticed Serri sulking at her lunch box. I placed my spoon down and asked, "Okay. What's wrong?"

The moment I asked her that she started looking like she was ready to cry. "I tried eating a while ago in our break time but I ended up accidentally spilling all my food. Not only did I have to clean and waste food, but I wasted your efforts too." 

I put on a small but gentle smile. "Silly Serri. It's okay. Here you can have mine." I slid my lunch box towards the spot in front of her. She looked at me surprised. "But you didn't even have breakfast! I can't take your lunch now! I don't want you fainting because of me." 

"You need all the energy you can get. And besides, I have a clear schedule. I can just go and buy some food for myself later." I winked, trying to tell Serri that it was fine. She stared at me for a few seconds before finally giving in. "Fine."

The IKON members all 'aawww'ed. Excluding Bobby. I found him staring and shaking his head at me. I raised a brow at him, silently asking what was he trying to tell me. But he only looked away and continued laughing along with everyone else.

I shrugged it off.

Anyway, I skipped breakfast and lunch. So what?

 

-

 

Sick.

That was what I was currently feeling.

Maybe skipping breakfast and lunch was finally taking its toll on me considering the fact that I feel like I'm about to faint any minute. 

And because I also feel like I was about to puke my guts out, I weakly opened the door and slowly headed to the nearest restroom. Okay, I kind of regret skipping now. 

Soon, my surroundings started turning white and my ears started hurting because of this loud ringing I kept hearing. I decided to sit down. Maybe I looked weird since I was curren

Please log in to read the full chapter