Maybe

Out of Reach
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2

 

“Will you please stop sighing” I heard sooyoung complained in frustration behind me. I ignored her remark and sighed, dropping my shoulder while wiping the counter. “Yah! I said stop sighing”

 

I turned to look at her with lazy eyes “Sorry but, I can’t help it”

Sooyoung shook her head and walked beside me, patted my shoulder and said, “1 more week yoona-yah, then you’d be able to see her again”

I replied with a nod, hoping she could just drop the subject now because it gets me more depressed.

 

A week has passed since I last saw her, but her smile keeps replaying on my mind vividly. Is it weird if I say there’s something by the way she smiled at me? Or is it just me? But maybe if I didn’t zoned out, and maybe if I didn’t panic in the first place, maybe, just maybe, I would have gone and talked to her. Maybe I’m not regretting till now.

But no, I must have doze off for quiet long that I didn’t even realized the she’s already gone by the time I became aware of my surroundings. In result, I am late for work for at least an hour and Mrs. Lee came to look for me and assigned me to open the café for two freaking weeks, in punishment for my tardiness.

 

 

Time flew fast, and it’s already closing time for the cafe. There were more customers visited than I had expected for today, and it somehow helps me distract my mind in thinking of a certain girl.

 

I scanned the café one last time to see if it’s perfect for tomorrow’s operation. Feeling contented, I nodded to myself and hurriedly made my way to the locker.

Before I could even pick my bag and coat, sooyoung came to me with her big stupid grin that somehow gives me the creep.

 

I slid my back pack in my shoulders and turned to ask her, uninterested, “What is it this time?”

 

“Woah woah. Hold it. What’s with the cold treatment just now?” she chuckled with pure glee. I glared at her, somehow getting the message she composed herself and then cleared , “I have a good news for you” she beamed, proudly.

 

“What is it?” I asked

 

“Uhm, Mrs. Lee wouldn’t be able to come for tomorrow” she muttered and then clapped her hands like a retarded seal. “Isn’t that great?”

 

I furrowed my eyebrows, not getting what she meant by that, “And?” I asked, wanting to know what she implies by the good news

 

“And you have now the chance to see your beautiful stranger” she muttered, wiggling her eyebrows.

 

It’s my turn to chuckle, I shook my head and reminded her, “You know I can’t right? I’m in charge of opening the café if you forgot” I rolled my eyes in annoyance

 

She stuck her palm right in front of me. I pushed back my head a bit and looked at her questioningly, “Urgh. What are you doing?”

 

“Keys. Give it to me.” Sooyoung shake her palms impatiently. “Are you giving it or what?”

 

“Y-yes” I search f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter