sanghyuk is completely taken

leaning on your shoulders

Sanghyuk left her and boarded the coach, already forgetting about the incident.

He glanced around looking for a seat that looked comfortable enough and put his rucksack in the compartment above it.

He sat down and was rather pleased that he managed to find a window seat especially for him. Fingers crossed, he prayed that no one would sit next to him.

The journey would be so much better without the awkwardness of sitting next to a total stranger.

He watched the other passengers slowly board the coach one by one.

After about ten minutes of waiting, it had seemed like all the passengers had taken their seats and thankfully no one sat next Sanghyuk. The fact that he had put his feet up onto the next seat really helped his situation.

Sanghyuk smiled. He had the only spare seat on the coach all to himself.

The passengers waited patiently for the driver to close the doors and get going.

There were whispers of complaint. Everyone had boarded the coach, so why the hold up?

Everyone was eager to set off and every second wasted added to their annoyance.

Until a girl finally climbed up the few steps up to meet Sanghyuk’s eyes.

 

He was mesmerised.

Sanghyuk didn’t really believe in love. Sure he enjoyed the notion, but he had never witnessed the romantic type of love and had no role-models deeply in love so lived his life unaware.

He only knew that he truly loved his grandmother.

His grandfather had passed away before he was born but he didn’t dare bring it up with her.

The only other person in the family was his sister but he didn’t feel the love that a sibling would have had for each other.

His older sister was old enough to live on her own when their parents split so he didn’t really know much about her.

He knew that she cared for him deeply as a child and tried to take him in but lost him to his grandmother.

 

He didn’t think he’d ever fall in love. He considered himself to be rather logical when it came to relationships.

Seeing this girl however, had raised his hopes of falling in love. It was irrational and he knew it, but he couldn’t help but hope.

He’d had a few crushes here and there but they weren’t sincere as he didn’t really know much about them. He wanted to know everything about this girl, and accept her for who she was.

She had long hair and her eyes were full of secrets and hopes and dreams and wishes that might’ve come true. She was elegant and wore a simple floral dress, and the softest blue cardigan.

 

Sanghyuk watched as she made her way down the aisle and wondered where she was going to sit. She stopped near him. He was captivated.

“Is this seat taken?” she said, her voice like angels to Sanghyuk’s ears.

He stared at her and she began to wonder whether Sanghyuk was paying attention to what she was saying or not.

“Hey!” she exclaimed. Sanghyuk snapped out of his momentarily dazed state.

“Is this seat taken?” she repeated. “It’s just the only seat and I know it’s obviously free since I’m the only person left but your feet are up and I don’t want to be rude or anything, I just want to set off as soon as possible” she blurted and then took a massive breath of air.

Sanghyuk took a moment to process what she was talking about.

OH! I need to move my feet! Oops!

He clumsily moved his feet off the spare seat and dusted it off for her to sit on, no longer worrying about having to share his precious spare seat with a stranger.

“Sorry, I just zoned out there for a second” he said as she took her place.

She nodded in response to Sanghyuk, as an acknowledgement of his apology to her.

 

Sanghyuk continued staring at her; she looked so much more tired up close.

He wanted to know her, he wanted to figure her out.

This was crazy, he’d only known her existence for minutes but he’d made up his mind.

Never mind, it was probably only lust anyway.

“I’m Sanghyuk, by the way” She completely ignored him.

Admittedly he was a little hurt by her lack of interest in him, but maybe she just didn’t hear him? Sanghyuk didn’t know.

After what seemed like forever, Sanghyuk heard a tiny voice whisper something.

He looked up in confusion wondering what he had just heard.

“It’s Sara” she repeated.

Sanghyuk smiled at her.

“Nice to meet you Sara”

She returned a shy smile back to Sanghyuk and he was in awe.

 

Half an hour into the journey, Sanghyuk felt an unexpected weight on his shoulder.

He couldn’t believe it, was he dreaming?

She had fallen asleep on him and he felt a rapid warmth running through his chest.  He couldn’t stop grinning.

He felt thousands of butterflies attacking his insides and he loved every single minute of it.

It felt right, like her leaning on his shoulder is where she belonged.

Sanghyuk was happy.

It was earnest and unexpected and Sanghyuk felt the need to protect her and keep her safe.

That was the first time Sara fell asleep leaning on Sanghyuk.

 

Taekwoon was sitting on the seat behind Sanghyuk and noticed with his hawk-like eyes what had happened.

He kept a small smile to himself and proceeded to write in his notebook again.

Sanghyuk heard Taekwoon’s furious scribbling behind him and his thoughts turned to annoyance. He was itching to know what he was writing.

“Taekwoon-sshi!” Sanghyuk tried to whisper.

“Sanghyuk, you whisper so loudly! Have some patience, I told you that you’ll find out as we get to know each other”

Sanghyuk thought about how wise Taekwoon sounded but at the same time how annoying his secrecy was.

“How do you always know what I’m going to ask?”  He groaned, his annoyance at the elder was clearly evident.

Sanghyuk tried his best not to move a muscle in fear that he would move the sleeping girl.

He could feel Taekwoon grinning behind him, knowing that he had annoyed the younger.

 

Hours went by and Sanghyuk was ever so aware of her head on his shoulder.

He was so comfortable with her, and it came so naturally to him. It was the most perfect thing in the world.

The coach suddenly came to a halt and Sara woke up, lifting her head from Sanghyuk’s shoulders.

He already missed her touch.

“What happened?” she asked groggily. Sanghyuk thought her voice was so cute, having just woken up.

“Nothing babe, go back to sleep”

Sanghyuk’s eyes widened in disbelief.

OH MY GOD WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? He felt like an idiot.

It seemed to Sanghyuk that this day was just full of himself saying personal things to people he barely even knew.

Thankfully, Sara simply mumbled an ‘okay’ and went back to sleep, leaning on Sanghyuk’s shoulder once again.

He breathed a sigh of relief, a smug grin plastered on his face.

 

It was all okay. He just hoped she wouldn’t remember his impulsive behaviour when she actually woke up.

He was okay for now.

Actually, he was better than okay, her touch had eased him.

He had heard the driver mentioning something which he was sure was an apology and went back to watching the scenery as the coach took off once again.

He wished he could live in this perfect little moment forever.

“Sanghyuk-ah” Taekwoon called from behind him. “You should be careful, you barely even know the girl”

Sanghyuk sighed. He knew that it was wrong, he didn’t even know anything about her!

“Taekwoon-sshi” he called “I barely even know you”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't going to update until I had the third chapter fully finished but I'm just too excited!

I'll probably update again after the weekend? 

A.