sanghyuk falls asleep

leaning on your shoulders

Sanghyuk didn’t expect Taekwoon to be the visitor his mother was talking about. Nor did Taekwoon expect Sanghyuk to be the son of the household he was staying in.

“You already know each other?” his mother asked.

“I met Taekwoon-sshi on the coach” Sanghyuk replied, still a little confused about the presence of the lady and her two children.

He looked at the three with his head tilted, trying to figure it out.

“Oh! Sanghyuk-ah!” Taekwoon exclaimed, remembering that he had to introduce everyone.

“This is my daughter Aecha and her two sons Jaehwan and Hongbin”.

 Aecha didn’t look at all like Taekwoon. She was small and had a petite figure. She had a genuine smile and wore her hair tied up in a ponytail.  The eldest son, Jaehwan, seemed like a disinterested child absorbed in his video game. He was about 5 or 6 years old and obviously didn’t want to be there. The younger son, Hongbin, was loud and stubborn. At least that’s what Sanghyuk thought of him due to his constant crying on the coach. However, his mother seemed to think that the three year old was the most precious child in the universe, holding him in her arms and cooing over him.

“It’s nice to meet you all” Sanghyuk said finally remembering his manners “but Taekwoon-sshi! Why didn’t you tell me about your family before?” he asked. Taekwoon put his teacup down onto the coffee table and the back of his head.

“Well you didn’t really ask, did you” he replied. Sanghyuk nodded in reluctant agreement.

 

Sanghyuk resolved to spend the rest of the day at home. He figured that it would be good to help his mother do some odd jobs around the house. Even though his mother had recently redecorated there was still a lot of work left to do. He thought that since his sister would be visiting that he’d be able to spend time with both his mother and his sister.

 

When his sister had arrived, he was surprised to say the least. On entering the living room she handed her son to his grandmother and ran up to Sanghyuk, screaming his name and pulling him in for a tight hug. Euna was a woman of kind nature, just like her mother, but had a fierceness to her that would make anyone tremble in fear.

“Euna” Sanghyuk called “How is my favourite sister?” he asked.

“Sanghyuk-ah, I missed you so much!” she exclaimed, pinching his cheek.

“Me too” he said rubbing his cheek. He didn’t miss the feeling of having his cheek pulled off though.

“WAIT I NEED TO SEE MY NEPHEW!” he remembered.

He reached out to his mother to hold his nephew for the very first time. Sanghyuk had stars in his eyes on seeing his nephew and felt an immense rush of pride.He had such a cute nephew! He swore that his sister had given birth to the most beautiful baby in the world. He was so excited and wanted to hold him forever. However, seeing his nephew made him think about his own future. Would he have children of his own one day? Would he ever find someone that he wanted to have children with? His thoughts were interrupted by a giggle.

“It seems Seokjin likes you” Euna said.

Sanghyuk’s eyes widened and he had the biggest smile ever plastered on his face. He wanted to hear Seokjin giggle again. He softly tickled Seokjin’s belly waiting for the little boy to giggle again, his voice like tinkling bells to his ears. He spent the day cooing over Seokjin, forgetting about any plans he made to spend with Euna and his mother. To Sanghyuk’s mother, the fact that her son was there and was happy was enough and Euna had found amusement in watching Sanghyuk play with Seokjin.

                                                   

At around dusk, Wonshik had arrived carrying a large black bag. Sanghyuk looked up at him questioningly.

“I didn’t know what size you were, so I just guessed and got some old clothes off a friend for you, they should fit just fine since he’s as huge as you are almost” he said as he dropped the bag down with a thud.

“Really hyung?” he asked, his eyes wide, wondering just how many clothes he had taken from this friend. “Thank you so much! But you know we could’ve just gone shopping?”

Wonshik brushed him off, muttering something about how it would be too much effort to do that and Sanghyuk raised an eyebrow, questioning Wonshik’s logic.

 

The next morning Sanghyuk rummaged through the bag, mentally taking not to ask Wonshik about his friend so he could take some fashion notes. Most of the shirt were a little baggy on Sanghyuk, but he preferred it that way, liking the way he got engulfed in the soft fabric. He rolled up the sleeves to his shirt and decided that today would be the day he’d help his mother. He didn’t realise how relaxing gardening could be, especially since he could use that time to bond with his mother. She went over her plans regarding the garden with him and was impressed by how much thought she actually put into it.

“I’ve already gotten rid of any weeds before you came, so today all we have to do it…. Yah! Sanghyuk! Are you even listening?”

“I missed you so much mum, I didn’t even realise it” he suddenly confessed. She smiled and threw some gloves at him, which he barely caught.

“I missed you too Hyukkie” she replied as she stepped up to him and pulled his cheeks (not as hard as Euna would have done, but hurtful enough!) They spent the entire day together, working hard at potting the plants and towards his mother’s dream garden.

 

After showering, Sanghyuk flopped onto his bed, sinking his head into the pillow before unlocking his phone to find three missed calls from an unknown number.He called back, wondering if Sara had found his number in her pocket and decided to call him.

“Hello?”

“Sanghyuk… I need you” Sara’s voice was shaky and breathless, it was obvious that she had been crying.

“Sara! What’s wrong?” he pushed.

“Can you come over please?”

“Yeah hold up, I’m coming”, he hung up and threw a jacket on, running through the front door and out of the house before realising he had no idea where she lived. He texted her for the details and made his way, trying to navigate himself to the right direction. He asked stranger for directions and finally found that she didn’t live too far from him, in fact what was supposed to be a five minute walk turned out to become a 45 minute trek. He knocked on the door to meet a tearstained Sara who silently led him up the stairs.

“Do you mind staying over?” she quietly asked, letting him into her bedroom. Sanghyuk ignored how forward it all was and gripped onto her shoulders, then let them both collapse onto the bed. Sanghyuk kicked his shoes off as Sara snuggled up to him, her hand on his chest. He didn’t pay much attention to the butterflies in his stomach and let his exhaustion take over and sleep wash over him.

(A/N: aecha is cha hakyeon if u didnt get it, but like.... girl version)