Taken - for minniemac

At Your Service

Just five hours ago Taemin was sitting attentively in his college’s lecture room taking notes from the power points his chemistry professor had on the board. It was the last class he had that day and he had been looking forward to going back to his dorm room and finished that food he had ordered the night before.

 

It was 12:10 in the afternoon and he should have already been packing up but his professor decided that he wanted to continue his lecture anyway. Taemin sighed, trying to discretely put his stuff away without the professor noticing. As soon as they were let out a whole three minutes later than they were supposed to, Taemin was hauling his bag onto his shoulder, pushing past all of the slow classmates in his way, and practically dashing to his room.

 

Half way there Taemin bumped into someone; a man quite larger than himself and Taemin found that he had to look up to meet the man’s eyes. They were larger and he looked nice enough, very handsome with that charming smile gracing his lips. The man’s hand came up to help steady him, and Taemin smiled gratefully at him.

 

“Thanks. I’m really sorry for bumping into you like that,” Taemin said. The man’s hands still hadn’t left his arms and something about him was oddly familiar, though Taemin couldn’t quite put his finger on it.

 

“It’s alright Taemin-ssi,” the man replied. He must have noticed Taemin’s curious gaze, because he continued on. “I sit right behind you in biology.”

 

“Oh, I’m so sorry. I don’t remember your name,” Taemin apologized. The man laughed and waved it off.

 

“It’s fine. I don’t really talk much in class,” the man replied. “My name is Choi Minho. It’s nice to meet you.”

 

“You seem to already know, but my name’s Lee Taemin. It’s nice to meet you too.”

 

That had happened five hours ago.

 

Now Taemin was sitting in an unknown room with a table full of different foods in front of him and a glass of wine on the side. The door opened and an unknown person walked in, looking a little too bulky for Taemin’s liking, and all too intimidating. He stood stiffly by the door, his gaze hard and cold.

 

“The boss will be joining you soon.”

 

“Can I know why I’m here?” Taemin asked. The man stayed silent and Taemin scoffed. “Can I at least know how I got here?”

 

“I had them bring you here,” a familiar voice said. Taemin looked back towards the door once more to see Minho entering and sitting across from him at the table. Minho glared at the man and Taemin watched the much larger man shuffle quickly out of the room before looking back at Minho who was now smiling sweetly at him. “You haven’t touched your food. Do you not like any of these dishes?”

 

“I’ve lost my appetite,” Taemin replied blandly. He really hadn’t lost his appetite; this food looked so much better than his cold pizza slices that his roommate probably already ate without him. The problem was that he was confused and sadly, that was beating out the hunger in his mental list of priorities. “So, why am I here?”

 

“I really like you,” Minho said simply.

 

“So… You kidnapped me because you like me?” Taemin asked. Minho blinked before nodding slowly. “You didn’t think you could, you know, just ask me on a date like a normal person?”

 

“Would you go out with me?” Minho asked. Taemin stared at him incredulously with wide eyes before looking away and once more looking back, as if to see if anything would have changed in the second he wasn’t looking at Minho. Instead, he accepted this reality and sat back in his chair.

 

No. Because you kidnapped me,” Taemin responded. Minho seemed confused and troubled by the answer.

 

“Do you not know who I am?” Minho asked.

 

“Uh, no. I know you’re name. You’re Choi Minho. Other then that I know nothing about you. Should I?”

 

“I’m a mafia boss,” Minho said casually. Taemin stared at him blankly before pinching himself and wincing when he felt his own nails dig into his skin.

 

Great. I’ve been kidnapped by a mafia boss who just so happens to sit behind me in Bio and apparently likes me. Great new story to tell my mom when I call her later,” Taemin said, more so to himself than to Minho. He looked around the room before quickly before looking back at Minho. “Look, I’m really flattered. But are you really willing to put me in so much danger?”

 

“I’m confident that I’m strong enough to protect you,” Minho replied. Taemin sighed and nodded to him.

 

“Of course you are. How about this; if you let me go, I’ll consider going on a date with you; just a date. If I enjoy it, I’ll agree to go out with you. Deal?”

 

“Okay,” Minho said cheerfully, a wide grin on his face. Taemin sighed and eventually, after much persuasion from Minho, ate his food. He made sure to eat a lot of it too because he was a poor college student and if a bunch of free, good quality food was being offered to him, he was definitely going to take it.

 

He was released not long after, with a kiss on the cheek from Minho. He was even driven right back to the college and to the doors of him dorm hall. His roommate and best friend had bombarded him with questions as to where he had been but Taemin had brushed it off, too tired with the day’s events. He still had a lab report to write and online homework to finish and he was tempted to just not do both until he remembered what his mother would do to him if he didn’t. He sighed and sat up, grabbing his laptop and getting to work on the online stuff first. He could just Google most of it anyway.

 

Two days later he made it in time to his biology class to witness Minho threatening the boy who usually sat next to him out of his seat. Taemin coughed and as soon as Minho saw him, he immediately brightened and pulled out his chair for him. He gaze Taemin another peck on the cheek before turned to the boy beside him, gesturing with his head for him to move and the other quickly did, looking thoroughly terrified.

 

“You can’t just do that, you know,” Taemin said to Minho. The other looked at him curiously.

 

“Why not?” Minho asked.

 

“Because it’s rude,” Taemin replied. “Next time, ask nicely before threatening him like that.” Minho nodded, and Taemin smiled at him. “Be nice and you just might get that date.”

 

Minho immediately brightened up once more, and when the professor walked in, Taemin was left wondering whether or not this mafia boss was bipolar.

 

Another few days and Taemin had all kinds of flowers, chocolates, and food sent to him. Minho must have realized just how much Taemin loved food; which was a plus for him, and a gold star on Minho’s record for Taemin. He texted Minho, who had casually slipped his phone number into one of the cheesy messages that came with the flowers, and set up a date.

 

He hadn’t expected to get a bunch of bodyguards following them on said date. It was just supposed to be a typical date; dinner and a movie. He hadn’t accounted for Minho buying out the restaurant for the night. Still, it was nice if you ignored the five giant guys following you the entire time. Taemin allowed the dates to continue, so long as Minho promised not to involve the guards.

 

A few more dates and Taemin was willingly calling himself Minho’s boyfriend. People were a bit more hesitant about approaching him, which was completely understandable given Minho’s social status, but he was willing to put up with it. Despite his strange little switches in personality, Minho was really a sweetheart. He was always there for Taemin, always ready to help him with whatever he needed, and he usually did it himself instead of asking his men to do it for him. Minho was a romantic and Taemin was falling for him quicker than he imagined possible.

 

A few months more and Taemin was head over heals, practically living in Minho’s home instead of his little dorm room. His best friend didn’t mind it too much. The even put the beds together so he’d have one large one. Taemin had managed to make a few friends within the house as well, which was pretty much just Minho’s workers or whatever it was Minho called them, but they were nicer than they looked. It could just be because Minho threatened him to be nice but Taemin chose to ignore that possibility.

 

Taemin never really thought about being afraid of Minho like most people were, because he knew that Minho would never raise a finger to hurt even a stand of hair on his head. However, there were times when Taemin knew to stay away from Minho. He knew very well when to keep out of Minho’s business, because as much as he loved the man, he wasn’t quite ready to get mixed up in the whole mafia business just yet.

 

“You two,” he heard Minho shout. He watched as two of the workers went over to him, listening to every order Minho barked at them. This was a side of Minho that Taemin never experienced first hand. His normally large eyes seemed like they were set in a permanent glare, expression stoic and posture rigid. Even if he didn’t look like it, Taemin knew that Minho was more ruthless then any of the other men here. He was the boss for a reason. He’d only heard stories of the things that Minho had done, while they were definitely disturbing, Taemin could never bring himself to truly see Minho as the killer he was.

 

“Taemin-ah,” Minho said when he saw him. A smile was on his face in seconds and Taemin ran over to him, all to willing to embrace the man.

 

“Minho hyung, are we still going to watch those movies later?” Taemin asked. Minho sighed and shook his head. Taemin knew that he had some business to take care of; business he wasn’t allowed to know about because Minho worried that he’d be scared if he did know. “It’s fine. Jongin wanted to come over anyway so I guess I’ll just tell him to come over now.”

 

“Excuse me? I don’t think I–”

 

“Are you using your boss voice on me?” Taemin asked, interrupting him. Whenever Minho spoke to his workers, Taemin referred to it as his “boss voice,” because it sounded deeper and more menacing. However, Taemin was no amused when Minho attempted to intimidate him with it, because Taemin knew him better than that. Minho paused before shaking his head slowly. “That’s what I thought. Now, while you are out doing your thing, Jongin and I are going to work on some school stuff, okay?”

 

Minho nodded quietly and Taemin grinned up at him, giving him a little peck on the lips.

 

“That’s all I’m getting?” Minho asked.

 

“You used the boss voice on me and I don’t appreciate it. But if you come home early tonight, I’ll be sure to give you much more.” 


1912 words.

Honestly, college!Taemin is me. I even gave him my class schedule. I'm poor af. Save me. 

So, I'm not completely confident with this one. It's my first time writing a mafia au and I honestly had no idea if you wanted it to be fluffy or angsty, so if you wanted an angsty one and I completely screwed this up, I could definitely rewrite this for you if you want.

I hope you like this though. I was writing this during my classes today. (The notebook says French but its really just filled with a bunch of 2min fic ideas/beginnings of oneshots/multi-chapter fic chapter ideas. Whoops)

Welp. That's about it.

Please comment and let me know what you think!

Bye bye~