Unexpected - for Cephei

At Your Service

In all her years of working at the little family diner, Taeyeon had never expected to meet a celebrity; an extremely famous one at that. But there he was, sitting in a booth by himself with sunglasses and a baseball cap on in a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. He sat away from the windows, and she assumed it was so any possible fans walking outside wouldn’t catch him. The diner was relatively empty as well, being so close to closing time. She supposed that was why he stopped by in the first place.

 

She tried not to look too excited when she went over to ask him what he wanted to drink, and if he was ready to order. He kept his face hidden in the menu while he spoke, and Taeyeon laughed at his sad attempt to stay unnoticed. It was so comical that he didn’t seem to realize that by covering himself up, he was obviously someone famous. Still, she let the man be. He clearly wanted a quite dinner and she would give him that satisfaction.

 

“Are you ready to order?” she asked as she set down his drink; a lemonade she noticed. She figured he’d be more of a beer person, but then again this was a family restaurant, and they didn’t serve that kind of drink anyway.

 

“I’ll have some steak and rice please,” he said. He reluctantly lowered the menu, since he knew he had to give it back to her. Taeyeon just smiled reassuringly, hoping that he’d get the hint that she wasn’t about to go crazy, and took the menu from him. She left after giving a small bow and one last smile. From the kitchen window, she watched curiously as to what he would do. He was the only person in the restaurant, so she was free to do as she pleased until either someone else came in or his food was ready.

 

On the other hand, the actor found his gaze following the girl that had given him no sign of excitement. He knew not everyone would, but he was already so used to people screaming and begging for his autograph when they recognized him that he hadn’t expected her to just walk away like that.

 

He also noticed how very pretty she was. Very pretty.

 

Her uniform didn’t unnecessarily expose her, but it also flattered her very much. She looked humble to him, and he appreciated the look, after being around so many people who were trying to show off more skin then they really should.

 

A little bell sounded and Taeyeon picked up the food, readying herself to go give it to him and once again act like she didn’t care about the fact that a very famous actor was currently in her presence. She had spent the entire time waiting just staring at his back, admiring the clear muscles visible through the white shirt. He was just sitting there on his phone, not really doing anything cool. Of course she couldn’t have just expected him to break out into an action seen in an empty diner, but she’d like to image he would.

 

Sighing and sealing away her excitement, she took the plate of food to him. She noticed that he took off his hat, and she could now see the mop of dark brown hair. It was just a bit lighter then her own, and she liked how it made him so sophisticated.

 

“Here’s you food,” she said. She placed it before him and warned him that it was still hot. “Is there anything else you’d like?”

 

“Could you… Are you allowed to join me?” the actor asked. Taeyeon looked around and nodded. The place was empty anyway, and she doubted that her manager would really mind if she told him that the man before her was a friend.

 

“Can I ask why?”

 

“It’s just that– I mean, you don’t have to if you don’t want to, you know? It just gets a bit lonely eating by yourself.” He had mumbled the last part but Taeyeon managed to catch it. Her heart was racing at the thought of sitting with on of her favorite actors but she remembered to stay calm and professional as she sat down across from him.

 

“You must have recognized me by now, huh?” he asked. Taeyeon smiled sheepishly and nodded. She wasn’t about to hide the fact now. “I guess there’s really no point in me trying to hide then.”

 

He took off his sunglasses and Taeyeon felt her cheeks combust when she met the eyes of the stunning actor before her. She felt like she was swimming in his eyes, blissfully without a care. He seemed to be doing the same before he looked down at his food.

 

“I’m Choi Minho, it’s nice to meet you,” he said with a smile. Taeyeon gave him a little bow held back a too wide grin that was threatening to take over the small, composed smile she had.

 

“I’m Lee Taeyeon. It’s nice to meet you Minho-ssi.”

 

“Are you a fan?” he asked. Taeyeon nodded and Minho looked at her skeptically. “You’re awfully calm. Most people would be taking out their phones and taking dozens of pictures to upload online.”

 

“I figured you’d wanted a quite meal,” she said. She looked away to try and hide the darkening blush on her face but she snuck a few peaks anyway. Minho was looking at her in amusement. “I’m also not allowed to use my phone at work,” she mumbled.

 

Minho laughed at the statement, and Taeyeon felt like it was just a bit too much for her little heart to handle. The sound was ringing in her ears and just filling up her head with annoying reminders that this was a famous actor she had no chance with.

 

“So if you had your phone, you’d take a picture?” he asked.

 

“Maybe,” she replied playfully. “But I wouldn’t upload it anywhere; at least not immediately. I’d probably wait a few days.”

 

“Why would you do that?”

 

“I’m a little greedy. Plus, I’d quite like the fact that I have a picture no other fan does.”

 

Minho was finding this girl more and more amusing as the time passed by. He offered to order her something as well but she assured him that she was still full from her break, and that she would eat as soon as she got home, so he wouldn’t have to worry.

 

He still did though. A tiny girl such as herself walking home alone wasn’t something Minho was really comfortable with, personally. He worried about her, even going so far as to offering her a ride home, but she politely declined, and Minho supposed it was with good reason. Even if he was well know, she had no idea what he could really be like, if he was just acting with her right now, and they were still technically strangers.

 

Still, there was a certain pull that Minho felt towards her, not very strong, but it was there. The only time he ever really got normal reactions was either from family and well-known friends, or other celebrities. Other people seemed to forget that he was human as well, and wanted to be treated like one, even if he did also love the limelight.

 

“You know, I’m still worried, even if I understand why you won’t accept me offer,” he said. His empty plate rested between them. “Are you sure you’ll be okay?”

 

“I’m not as weak as I look you know,” Taeyeon replied, hiding her smile behind her hand. Minho really wished she wouldn’t, because based off of what he had already seen of it; it truly was a captivating sight to see. It made him even happier that he was the one to put it there.

 

“I’m sure,” he said back, gesturing to her tiny arms. “How can I be sure that you’ll be okay?”

 

“Well for one, this isn’t the first time I’ve walked home by myself this late, and nothing’s happened before.” She fiddled with her fingers, looking away from him for a bit, before sneaking another peak at him. “Are you always this worried about the people you meet?”

 

“Well, isn’t it normal to be worried about people?” he asked. He regretted it instantly when he noticed a look of disappointment flash in her eyes and quickly continued. “But I mean… Not always; no. At least not this much.”

 

“This much? And how much it that?”

 

“Quite a lot,” he admitted. Her eyes shined with a newfound happiness and Minho wanted to see more of it. She shy smile and light blush was on her cheeks once more, and it may have been one of the cutest sights he’d even encountered. He liked how one second she was straightforward and blunt, and the next she looked like a small little kitten that wasn’t really sure where to go.

 

“I’ll just a… I’ll take this plate back now so they can clean it. Would you like a desert?”

 

He honestly didn’t want dessert, but just so that she would have an excuse to come back and he could sit with her again, he nodded, asking for whatever she recommended. She smiled and said she’d be back soon, and Minho waited patiently for whenever that would be. He wanted to offer to share it with him, but that was probably overly clichéd even in his opinion and she’d probably laugh at him. He really hoped she wouldn’t.

 

Not to mention he didn’t even know how old she was. Here he was, 21 year-old possibly going after a minor. That would be fantastic for Dispatch to catch onto. He could already see the headlines now.

 

Choi Minho is a E.

 

He shuttered at the thought.

 

As soon as she was back with a brownie sundae, sitting across from him once more, he took the chance to ask her age.

 

“I’m 18 years-old,” she replied. Minho sighed in relief and leaned back in his chair. A three-year difference wasn’t bad. She was perfectly legal and Dispatch wasn’t going to be labeling him as a offender.

 

She laughed at his reaction though, and he immediately straightened up before grabbing his spoon and picking at his ice cream. “How old did you think I was?”

 

“I don’t know, but I was scared that you’d be younger,” he replied. She looked at him questioningly, a new look he hadn’t seen on her before and he liked it.

 

“Why? We’re just talking after all. Age shouldn’t matter anyway,” she said back. Minho stuttered a bit, knowing that she was right, but he couldn’t exactly just tell her that he may or may not have started developing a little crush on her, and instead chose to stuff his mouth with his desert.

 

She laughed at him, but didn’t say anything more. They stayed that way until closing time, when she had to clock out and he had to leave. He wanted to offer her a ride him again, but he knew she’d decline once more. Instead, he settled for watching her until she was completely out of sight, and it eased his worry if only just a little.

 

It became a habit of his then, going to the café where she worked near its closing time, when less people there. As creepy as it sounded, he had learned her work schedule, and started going only on the days when he knew she’d be there. Every night she worked was the same: he’d go, order something, and have her sit with him. They’d talk about absolutely anything that came to mind, and by their 7th meeting, they were feeling closer.

 

Every time, Minho offered her a ride, and it wasn’t until then that she’d finally agreed, joking that she might as well do it now so that he’d stop asking. He blushed at that, and she laughed at him for it, but he didn’t mind it all too much when she was finally in the passenger seat of his car, giving him directions on how to get home.

 

Her house was a cute little thing. He liked how humble it looked, matching her perfectly, as opposed to his expensive, empty apartment. She turned to him when he stopped, thanking him and bidding him a goodnight before turning towards the door, but he stopped her with a grab of the hand and made her turn towards him once more.

 

“Yes?” she asked curiously. Minho gulped, hoping that he didn’t make a fool of himself, but he realized that around Taeyeon, he was anything but composed.

 

“I just wanted to say that I uh… Just… Goodnight?”

 

“That’s all?” Taeyeon asked, a little smirk on her face that Minho thought looked a little too attractive. Now he was just terrified.

 

“I also may or may not have wanted to say that I may or may not really like you?” he quickly added. Taeyeon chuckled and leaned towards him, giving him a peck on the cheek. Her lips were soft and full, and Minho thought he was probably just touched by a little piece of Heaven.

 

“I may or may not like you too Minho oppa,” she replied.

 

“Does that mean I can pick you up tomorrow at 1 and take you on a date?”

 

“It may or may not. How about I call you later with my final answer, and you can tell me if you really do like me or not, okay?” she teased. Minho smiled gently at her, moving closer to place a peck of his own on her forehead.

 

“Sounds like a plan.”


2280 words. 

I hope you like it! (I don't write fluff too often so I really worry about it when I do).

Thank you for requesting! And thank you all for reading!

Please comment and let me know what you think!

Bye bye~