Jinxed It - for heartbrokenghurl

At Your Service

Minho hugged Taemin from behind, hands firmly pressed against his stomach with a smile on his face. Taemin leaned back against him, happy to feel his husband’s hands on his round stomach. Throughout the eight months that he had been pregnant, Minho had been nothing but supportive of all of his hormonal problems. The elder wouldn’t even complain about being awoken at three in the morning for an ice cream run.

 

He hadn’t even noticed when Minho had moved in front of him to press kisses against his swollen tummy. He laid himself back against the hotel bed, sighing as his head gently hit the pillows below him and he took note of Minho’s hands still on him. The baby gave a little kick to his side and seconds later Minho was kissing that very spot. As cheesy as it sounded, Minho was always the one to soothe the baby’s kicks, even if Taemin secretly enjoyed the pain. It wasn’t some masochistic thing either; he just felt reassured whenever it kicked. It let him know that his little baby boy was alive.

 

Still, the less pain, the better really, and Minho did a fine job of getting rid of it.

 

“Just another month Tae,” Minho breathed over his stomach. Taemin nodded, humming in response as he closed his eyes. There was a dull ache in his abdomen but he was used to those by now. “You know it could actually come at any time at this point, right?”

 

“Don’t jinx it,” Taemin replied. Minho chuckled and crawled up to face him, careful to maintain a safe distance from his sensitive stomach so as not to put any pressure on it. Minho pressed kisses all over his face, and Taemin closed his eyes to savor the sensation of his lover’s lips on his skin. Taemin’s hands moved to grip the back of Minho’s shirt, his own way of keeping Minho right where he was. “I can’t wait to get this baby out.”

 

“I know,” Minho said. He placed one last kiss on Taemin’s forehead before moving to look at the boy beneath him. Taemin, sensing that Minho was done, opened his eyes to meet the elders’. “We haven’t even decided on names for our baby yet.”

 

“And who’s fault is that; Mr. The-name-will-come-to-me-when-I-see-him?” Taemin teased. Minho huffed, knowing that Taemin was right. He had indeed said those words a few months back when they had found out the baby’s gender. He didn’t quite having the words thrown back at him though.

 

“Well, what if we decided to name him Jungkook or something, and when he grows up he ends up looking like a Taehyung instead?” Minho asked. Taemin looked at him incredulously, and Minho knew he had most definitely lost. “Okay, I know, that’s stupid. How about we come up with names now? Please?”

 

“Well now that you say Taehyung, I quite like the name,” Taemin said. Minho pouted and poked his cheek lightly.

 

“You’re only saying that because it has ‘Tae’ in it. Why can’t it have ‘Min’ instead? I’m older than you,” Minho countered. Taemin snorted and smirked at him.

 

“My name has ‘Min’ in it too genius. Either way it’s a win-win situation for me. Plus, I’m the one that’s pregnant, I should have first dibs on the name,” Taemin replied.

 

“Dibs, Taemin? Really?” Minho asked incredulously. “I’m surprised you haven’t suggested Lasco as a name.”

 

“It’s a classy name,” Taemin defended. “Plus, it sounds more like something I’d name a dog, not my first born son. Now keep thinking of names and stop judging all of my options.”

 

“Okay then, how about HoMin?” Minho asked.

 

“Your name switched around? Really Minho?” At Minho’s nod, Taemin sighed and shook his head. “I am not allowing you to name our first born ‘HoMin.’ Not even our second born.”

 

“Oh, you’re planning for more kids already?” Minho teased. Taemin pinched his side harshly, and Minho cringed before begging for his skin to be released. He looked down in time to notice Taemin wince a bit, and frowned. “Is something wrong? Does something hurt?”

 

“It’s nothing,” Taemin replied. “Just a little pain. It happens once in a while.” Minho nodded and smiled once more.

 

“How about we keep ‘Min’ in his name then; so that he has a piece of both of our names?” Minho suggested. Taemin nodded, shifting a bit when he felt another pain in his abdomen. “Minseok? Minki? Minjae?”

 

“I kind of like Minjae,” Taemin replied. He frowned, and Minho did as well, noticing the obvious discomfort that seemed to be getting worse with every passing minute.

 

“Maybe we should take you to the hospital,” Minho suggested. Taemin shook his head quickly.

 

“Please don’t. It’s nothing really. This is supposed to be our vacation,” Taemin whined. Minho shook his head and grimaced.

 

“Tae, if you’re in pain we have to take you to the hos–” he paused in his words. He looked down to Taemin’s stomach and back up at his husband. “Is the pain increasing? Is it getting more frequent?”

 

Taemin nodded, confused, before his eyes widened and he looked at Minho in terror.

 

“Choi Minho you ing jinxed it!”

 

Not even 10 minutes later Minho was ignoring every speed limit on the streets to get to the hospital as quickly as possible. He was aggressive but still very careful of the baby’s and Taemin’s safety. The second he parked the car he was opening Taemin’s car door and carrying his husband in to the emergency room, screaming for a doctor like any typical soon to be father would. A nurse had a wheel chair out for him in seconds, and was quickly wheeling Taemin to where they’d take care of him.

 

At that point Taemin was almost screaming from the pain, squeezing roughly at his shirt so as not to hurt his stomach in any way. Minho was at his side the whole time, even helping him get changed into the hospital gown, and changing into his own as well. He was going to stay even throughout the entire C-section occurred. He wouldn’t look at the actual surgery part though, because quite honestly he didn’t like the idea of watching his husband be cut open.

 

Taemin had to be kept awake for the duration of the surgery, for the baby’s safety, but he couldn’t feel a single thing thanks to the anesthesia. He was a bit out of it but he was constantly asking about the baby, and how the procedure was going. Minho had to shush him a few times, gently petting his head and leaning down to kiss his forehead.

 

At the sound of a cry he looked up to find his baby’s umbilical cord being cut and the little boy being wiped. He knew he’d have to wait a bit before being allowed to hold him, so he waited until they were finished stitching up Taemin’s now smaller stomach. He knew Taemin would complain about it later, and he chuckled.

 

“Where’s our baby,” Taemin asked drowsily. Minho smiled down at him before looking towards the nurse who was holding him a few feet away, waiting for one of them to take him. Minho held out his arms, letting the baby be carefully placed before turning back to Taemin who smiled tiredly. “Hey there Minjae,” he whispered.

 

“So we’re naming him Minjae?” Minho asked. Taemin looked up at him before looking back at the baby.

 

“I don’t know about you, but I think Minjae suits him.”

 

Minho nodded and kissed his little baby’s head, feeling a new sensation of love flow through him. It was different from the one he felt for Taemin, but still just as strong.

 

“Welcome to the family, Minjae.”


1289 words. Can you tell that I have absolutely no idea how a c-section goes? 

This was honestly my first time writing about mpreg ever so I hope it was okay. 

Thank you for the request! 

I'll try to have the next one up either later today or tomorrow morning.

Please comment and let me know what you think!

Bye bye~