Chapter Two: That Summer... (Flashback)

Silently Unexpected

Now I remember...

That summer day...

 

I decided to have a summer vacation.....Alone.

"Hirou, are you sure you really want to spend your first day of summer alone?" Mom said as she makes a sandwich for my packed snacks.

"Mom, It's summer and there's a lot of days to spend." Actually I really planned to be alone.

"But Hirou..." "Don't worry, he'll be fine. It's time for him to have fun before he will enter highschool." Dad smiled at me.

"Thanks, Dad" I smiled back. "Here you go..catch!" Dad said as he threw the keys towards me.

I grab it and heard him chuckled. "But I thought you won't let...." 

"Naah. Actually, you really look like a mature guy to rode that motorcyle. Just don't leave a scratch on it. Okay?" Dad said and Mom smiled at me. "Just be careful, Hirou."

"I will. Thanks." I smiled and hugged them.

I grab my packed snacks inside my backpack.

"Hey, don't forget your camera and take nice and awesome pics!" Dad shouted.

"Yeah!" I said and grabbed my camera bag.

I went on the garage and check the motorcycle. It's a BMW red motorcycle which Dad bought since I was 5 years old.

I think people will be more astonished... I mean stunned. Wahahaha!

I check it's fuel and wiped it. 

Turned it on and as the engine starts, I felt like "THIS IS THE BEST FIRST SUMMER DAY EVER!!!"

The I rode outside and I went to my favorite location in town. The beach. I mean the sidewalk of the beach.

Of course, I'm wearing a helmet on and felt like I'm a spy or cool guy riding this awesome motorcycle.

I can still feel the wind breeze towards my skin. Then I saw some people staring like "Woah. That cool guy got guts"

Anyways, somehow I ignore them cause' it's 10am and I need to spend my whole day taking great timing pics and stuffs in the beach view.

The truth is my secret hobby is photography. Well, I hate it when some people saw you taking random pictures in the beach, they would say "A ert here" or "Looks like a stalker here". Damn. IT'S ART!

I am on my right location and good thing I parked the motorcycle in a private parking spot. My uncle's VIP parking lot. Cool huh?

"Hey kiddo! Nice bike!" Uncle shouted.

I turned off the engine and took off my helmet. "Hey Pops!"

"Hirou? Are you too young to.." Uncle said as he is holding a soda bottle.

"Yes. I am." I said as I jumped off the motorcycle and prepared my camera. "I'll spend the whole day in the beach." I gave my helmet to my uncle.

"Sure, No problem." He said as he look at the motorcycle while drinking soda.

"And it's my dad's motorcycle. Bye!" I smirked and walked away.

And I heard uncle choked and said "Whaaaaaa??!!"

I laughed and went to the beach view. 

I felt the beach breeze and the heat of the sun. It's kinda bit hot actually.

I adjusted my camera and take some random pics such as seaguls, yatches, men surfboarding, random couples walking, kids playing sandcastles, beautiful ladies waterfighting and families bonding together. Evreything is fun in the beach. Oh yeah. Of course I'm wearing my beach clothes and sunglasses with lens.

I stopped near an ice cream van and bought ice cream then I heard a kid crying. Actually it's a girl.

"My ice cream." Wearing a sob on her face and sparkly teardrops fell from her eyes. Good thing I have backup money in my wallet. So, I bought an ice cream for her.

"Here you go, little miss" I said with a smile as I gave it to her.

"Thank you, cute guy" She smiled and chuckled. "Bye!" And ran towards her parents.

I waved her goodbye as she looked back and smiled again.

I sighed and felt a light feeling inside. It's summer after all.

6 hours taking pics and got only 5 shots left in my cam.  2 bars left in battery and almost finished all my packed snacks. And consumed 9 bottles of water. Dammn. I forgot to bring my extra batteries. While walking, I checked the time and it's 4:15pm.

"Hey! Guy with a camera!" A voice I heard from afar stopped me from walking. 

"Huh?"

Then I looked back...