Eavesdropping siblings

Im in love with a jerk

I managed to avoid Kris at all times possible except for during dinner together and when GNa’s parents called me and Kris for a talk and get to know each other. I try my best to not give out all my details because I know that jerk is listening.

 

I think he understands how much I’m so into ignoring him that he doesn’t really bother me. Sometimes I could feel that he looks at me but didn’t say anything. I could feel his stare on me but I don’t want to turn my head to him.

 

Until one night after dinner where all of us, including the parents were sitting in the living room, having a nice chat. GNa’s mother asked me “How are you doing?” GNa and I were sitting on the very comfortable soft fury carpet. Her parents were sitting on a three seated sofa meanwhile Kris was sitting on a single sofa.

 

“I’m fine” I answered and gave out a soft smile.

 

“How are you really doing?” she asked. My eyes shot frozen at her direction. I tried to be as nonchalant as ever.

 

“I’m really fine” I smiled for assurance. Somehow I felt that the atmosphere is cold and still. It’s quiet.

 

GNa hugged me from my back, that’s when my heart started to feel so heavy and my vision got blurry. I took GNa’s hand and held them tight.

 

“You thought we wouldn’t remember what today is?” she asked.

 

I tried my best to forget this pain every year but I feel bad if I do forget the anniversary of my parents’ death.

 

Kris originally was sitting with his back slumped on the chair, when he saw me getting really emotional, he looks alerted.

 

“Did you go to their graves?” asked the dad. I shook my head and felt that my tears are flooding my eyes so I lifted my head up, looking at the ceiling to prevent my tears from falling but it didn’t work.

 

“I couldn’t go there alone” I confessed. “I might lose myself there if I went there alone. I need someone at least to bring me up”

 

“Why don’t we go there with you tomorrow?” GNa suggested.

 

“It’s okay. Your parents have a flight to catch. Your grandparents are waiting for them to reach Canada” I said.

 

“We want to go to their graves too, to pay respect to your parents. Our flight is at 2pm, I’m sure we have time to visit your parents in the morning” her mother said.

 

“I can’t believe you remembered what today is…”

 

“Of course we do. You’re like a daughter to me”

 

“Excuse me” I stood up and quickly left the room to get some time alone. Kris followed me. When we’re upstairs, he spoke. “I’m sorry about your parents. I didn’t know”

 

I was already holding the knob to my room door but my legs froze when I heard him speak. I wanted to reply but I don’t know what to say.

 

“I could have accompanied you to their graves this morning, if I’d known” he said.

 

“I don’t want you too…” I finally said something to him after more than a week.

 

“Can you at least look at me when you say something?”

 

“I don’t feel like doing so. I told you before to leave me alone” I said and went inside my room without waiting for him to reply me.

 

I fell asleep with my heavy heart. I was woken up by GNa at 2 am.

 

“Hey. Sorry to wake you up but do you want to get some ice cream?” I nodded and I sleepily went downstairs with her to get ice cream.

 

We both sat down at the table counter while we talked.

 

“Thanks” I said as I took my first spoon of ice cream.

 

“How are you feeling now?” she asked.

 

“After the ice cream, I feel a bit better” I smiled sincerely, thinking how GNa knows me so well. Ice cream is a cure for a confuse heart. Let that heart freeze for a moment and give the brain to calm.

 

“What’s up with you and Kris?” she asked, out of the blue.

 

“There’s nothing wrong” I answered and gave her a confused look.

 

“Come on. I know you so well remember? Don’t let me ask you the second time”

 

I sighed and said “I don’t know. We don’t get along well with each other”

 

“Really? Have you even gotten to know him?”

 

“I do….”

 

“How long did you both talked?”

 

“Okay fine. It wasn’t long. The longest talk we had was in less than 5 minutes” I confessed.

 

“Try to converse with him more. He’s a good person”

 

“How do you even know that we don’t go along?”

 

“I went up soon after Kris went after you. I heard your conversation. The whole 20 seconds” she answered and asked “What went wrong during the first time you both met?”

 

I told her everything about the first day I reached South Korea. She laughed. “I’m sorry I laugh but that is why you dislike my adorable little brother so much?”

 

“Adorable? Pfft! I think not”

 

“Oh yeah. I forgot, he’s all grown up now. People would refer him as hot now” GNa squinted her eyes at me.

 

“This is weird” I shook my head and continue eating my ice cream.

 

“You know, he isn’t completely false, I would also look at your bra” she laughed.

 

“Oh my God. Shhhh. You’ll wake everyone up. It’s really embarrassing okay! Instead of apologizing, he looks at these” I cup my own s.

 

“Relax. There isn’t much to see over there compare to mine” GNa rolled her eyes.

 

I gasped a little too loud. “How dare you belittle my goodies” I was being overly dramatic.

 

“Shut up” GNa laughed and scooped a spoonful of ice cream and shoved it into my mouth where I began to suffer from the coldness explosion. I tried to stifle my laugh as I try to save myself from an avalanche in my mouth.

 

GNa saw something moving in the dark, it was Kris. She ignored her brother and continued talking to me. I was completely unaware of the unexpected guest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to comment ^^