Be a ghost

Im in love with a jerk

I didn’t answer him. I thought that maybe if I’m quiet, he’ll just think he misheard me coming back home. Few minutes after he asked, he knocked on my door.

 

“I know you’re in there, I went to check on your car. Can we talk?” silence is all he gets.

 

“Am I getting a silence treatment from you now?” he asked.

 

“Did you read my letter? I’m really sorry about yesterday okay?” he asks a lot of questions and the more he says something, the more guilt I feel for not replying him but I don’t want to talk to him at the moment. So I took my notebook from my handbag and tore a piece of paper to write to him.

 

“Go away” I wrote and slipped the letter under my door.

 

Ugh! Why am I tolerating him? I shouldn’t have replied his letter. I should have been a complete ghost. I wasn’t exactly being nice either on the note I wrote. Oh well…

 

“If that is what you want then” he said and he didn’t disturb me later that day.

 

The sun sets and GNa’s parents are home. Soon after, GNa came home and entered my room after her shower.

 

“What did you do the whole day?” she asked.

 

“Watching Korean dramas I’ve missed out while I was away”

 

“That’s a lot”

 

“I’ve got plenty of free time for now”

 

“You’re not looking for a job?”

 

“I’ve wrote emails to a few places. I also sent them my resume. I’m just waiting for a reply”

 

“What about a part time job?”

 

“I’d love to… if I didn’t enjoy all these free time so much” I laughed.

 

“If only you could be my intern at work but I’m an intern. An intern can’t have her own intern” she said.

 

“Why would an intern need an intern?”

 

“I was just joking”

 

“Oh I’m sorry. I’ve been inside this room since noon”

 

“Seriously? You don’t step a foot outside here ever since you got back from breakfast?”

 

“Couldn’t even leave my bed and the drama. I’m up to the fifth episode now. It’s starting to get really intense”

 

“You know you’re not alone in this house right? My brother is like literally next to your room”

 

“I don’t know him well to casually say hi” I gave her an excuse. I’m just trying to hide myself from him.

 

“Why don’t you get to know my brother a little more each day and not locking yourself up in your room accompanied with drama?”

 

I paused for a few seconds before answering. “You know I could be a little shy”

 

“You? Shy?” she threw a laugh at me.

 

“I am!” I insisted.

 

“I know you too well to believe that” she winked.