003

Euphonious Voices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

     

       Calm down, Wendy-ah.

       If he’s still creepily going the same way as me, I’ll confront him. Relax, Wendy-ah. Don’t be too paranoid. We’ll soon be parting off into the different ways at that intersection. Yeah, he definitely will.

       Wait—Why he’s still walking on my way? Is he stalker? . Gosh, No way! . Alright, I’m going to count from one until ten if he’s still presistently stalking me, I’ll beat the crap out of him.

 

       One

       Two

       Three

       ....

       “Ya!”  I bellow angrily while turning around to see whatever he’s doing just yet. He looks so shocked because of the abrupt confront from me. Hah, serves you right! . You little stalker! . “What are you doing? Are you stalker?” I accused lividly at him .

       “Wha—“ He stutters, looking at me aghastly as if I was an alien.

       “Gotcha!” I interrupt in English abruptly as I conjecture him as ones since he acts like being caught off red-handed now.

       “Whatever you’re doing now—“ I point out with my index finger at his chest but not actually poking it. “ it’s called ‘stalking’ and it’s considered as a crime! I can report you and make you rotted in a jail!” I stated in one breath, feeling pissed off because I used up my precious calories produced by each cell within my body by talking to him like lunatic myself.

       I’m not usually this worked up and always stay composed, but I can’t help it—not when I’m still new in this kind of environment and there’s a potential criminal near me, though I’ve to admit that I’m rash in every single act I do whenever I’m panic—like now. If I’m in right mind, I’m supossed to call the police right away, not confront them, who knows, what they bring with him in their pockects or jackets. The thought of it brings chill down my spine. I swear if this man is—

       “What the heck you’re talking about, woman!” he growls in annoyance, interrupting my wild thoughts just now.

       “You obviously know who I am.” He states deadpaned. “Should I rub it on your face?! I’m not stranger nor am I a criminal! And I’m absolutely clean from any offenses and never I break any rules, if you want, you can check it out at police station.” He says with his intimidating tone. Suprisingly, he can speak in a normal way without dialects, which is satoori, in it. So, I perfecly know what he’s blabbring about.

       “And—“ He disrupts me, before I have a chance to open my mouth to defend myself. “I’m definitely not a stalker, I’ve lots of better things to do than tailing you around like a stupid moron. Tell me, the reason why should I stalk you? Are you perhaps someone worthy enough to be tailing around?” He says mockingly, provoking me to have a speech-war with him. But, I know better than being incited by his words.

       “So, why did you always walk on the same way as me from school all the way to here?” I inquire calmly, not wanting to waste breath.

       “For your information, My home is unfortunately on the same way as you’re walking on.”

       “How can I trust you with that? For all I knew, you can be a thug or gangster?!” I mutter horridly, shuddered at that thought.

       He sighs exasperately.

       “Do I look like that? Huh?”

       “I don’t know. But, you know, a criminal can be manipulative. There’s no way they would disguise himself like ones in order to catch its prey. There’s a metaphorical phrase said, “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” I retort like a smartasss.

       “God, you’re so unbelievable!” He gruntles as he racks his right hand through his raven hair messily, making his hair stucks out everywhere.

       I keep my chin stay held up in the air, not wanting to back off at all. I know, I’m being pain in the bun now, but I have to stay my guard up. Although, as I see him now being like this, my resolve is crumbling slowly, because what he said previously was, as crystal clear, kind of true and I’ve been wrongly prejudged him. But, I don’t know what to do to stop this! I can’t stop my mouth from countering back whatever he says. I’m so screwed up if I willingly let him know, that I’m indeed at faulty.

       “Alright if you say so! If you want, you can follow me and I’ll let you know that my home is indeed on this way.” He says, that’s more like stating than asking.  As he starts walking up now, heading off ahead to his home’s direction to prove his innocence.

       I’m stunned at first and stay rooted on my place, not quite sure hearing it right or not from what he just said now . Why was he so sure of himself that I’d follow him up the way to his home?. Whoa, do I like a sick puppy that he can order around?

       “Ya! Wai—“ I holler loudly to stop him from his speed-walking pace in order I can catch up with him and reprimand him that he absolutely can’t order me around as he pleases. Tough luck, he’s been a way too far from my place now.  That guy, ugh!

       I start sprinting off now like a mad woman who is like in marathon.

       “Ya! I said, wait up!” I speed up my pace. The gap between both of us is slowly decreasing, there are like three big strides away from him.

       “Ppali! Blame on your short legs that can’t easily reach me out.” He scolds impassively, weaving his hand in the air as he still walks idly on the way with his sup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter