001

Euphonious Voices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

 

 

       

 

        “Mum, I’m leaving now!”

        “Yeah, take care sweetie!” My mother shouted from the kitchen. “Don’t forget to bring your lunch pack on the dining table Jongdae-ah.” She said yet again with her infamous happy chirpy tone that I love the most, all the time.

        “Oh, right! I almost forget.“ I said to myself and hastily made my way into the dining room where my favourite lunch pack is. “Okay! I’ve grabbed it Mum, thanks for reminding me. I’ll really take my leave now, Mum!”

        “Yeah, Goodbye sweetheart, Love you!” She said.

        “Love you much more, Mum!” I replied with a sing-song voice as I went to the garage to take my bicycle out from it.

        As I was pedalling my way out to school, I greeted all of the neighbours that are around my neighbourhood’s vicinity. They all are really closer to my parents and kind-hearted, so I fully respect all of them without an exception.

        You see, I’m just an oh-so-ordinary boy who is living in an outskirts town, which is in Masan. Therefore, my life is so peaceful that I didn’t ever have a thought on moving in neither to another town nor a downtown area—which is Seoul.

        Even though, my parents always so adamantly force me on going to Seoul to continuing study in there soon when I’ve graduated from High School since this is my last year. I don’t get why people are so ambitious getting accepted into university in Seoul. But well, I really know my parents well they would still argue with me because they think the universities in there much better than here—which I think it isn’t true at all. I mean, there are some universities in here, like Masan University, Kyungnam University, and Christian Chang Sin College and they all are good universities based on national ranking of university in South Korea.

        Although no matter what, I still am going to convince my parents permitting me to keep on staying and studying in here. Besides, I’ve not made a decision yet as to what major should I take on. There’s still a plenty of time to dwell on it in about one whole year and I don’t want to be rushed in making the decision which I have to deal on it in the future, otherwise I would surely regret if it wasn’t exactly like what I’m aiming for.

        And those were not the only things I have to mind as a senior, considering there will be many of tasks are waiting for me to be done. However, you know, since this is my last year and last chance to experience and create every single sweet memory in High School that means I’m not so going to wasting my senior year just to be a good student who will be studying hard and be a teacher puppet, getting high scores, and whatever that as those stereotype pupils do. And it’s a big No-no for almighty Kim Jongdae, the most mischievous guy on earth who is always pranking to whomever his victim is, anytime and anywhere—to behaving like a goody-goody. It just ain’t his style.

        I will be different from the rest of the students in my school this year, I thought.

 

 

 

        Finally, the massive gate of Anyang High School, which is my school by the way, appeared on my sight. Since today is the new semester of my senior year, I’m glad I made it on time because well, you know, I was usually the last person in school that Mrs. Lee expected coming to school on time and there’s no such “punctualness” on the dictionary of Kim Jongdae’s life.

        As a matter of the fact, tardiness is one of the most reason I always got detention after school. I think it’s the most issue which I have that our teachers in school, whether they want it or not, have to unwillingly deal on with since forever, that they are already getting fed up with it. Fortunately, but that not for today! . They have to be thankful to me because today, I’m not going to wasting their precious time. Well, as you can see now, I guess I’m on one of my lucky days today and Mrs. Lee will appreciate me on this thing. Yeay!

 

        “Assa!”  I exclaimed with my oh-so-infamous Masan’s satoori dialect as I held my right hand hanging on the air, still seating comfortably on my bike’s seat. “Good morning, Mrs. Lee!”  I happily greeted her with laughter and smile plastering on my godly handsome face.

        “Good morning, Mr.Kim,” She replied composedly. “you seem pleased today.” She stated while readjusting her glasses which are so big for her own face that more resemble like mask rather than glasses on her.

        “Yep, definitely! . Aren’t you happy that finally I made it on time today, Mrs.Lee?” I asked her teasingly while battling my eyelash

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter