Twenty Four

They're My Protectors?!

 

Youngmin stared at Kyungmi and Sungyeol with jealousy. His eyes were burning with fire. Why? Because the girl he liked and his ‘love rival’ were currently studying together in his house. Well, in Kyungmi’s house and in Kyungmi’s kitchen. He watched them while he sat on the couch, the TV on. Youngmin wasn’t really watching it, he just wanted to seem like he wasn’t watching Kyungmi and Sungyeol studying. The two were sitting right next to each other, shoulders almost touching. If you didn’t know any better, they’d look like they were on a study date. Actually, one of the only reasons Sungyeol was in their house was because Kyungmi had some trouble with Geometry. Seeing this as a chance to be around her crush, Kyungmi asks Sungyeol if he could help her.

However, when Youngmin heard this news, he wasn’t pleased at all. He asked himself, why didn’t Kyungmi just ask him? Youngmin was actually pretty good at Geometry. Turning his head slightly once again, he saw Kyungmi laughing. Sungyeol joined in. Their laughs could be heard around the whole house. Youngmin turned back to the TV and scoffed. What did that vampire have that Youngmin didn’t? The show that was on at the moment didn’t seem to help the situation, as it was about romance.

Shutting off the TV, he decided that maybe he could have a little fun. He turned his body towards the two studying in the kitchen. He bent down on the couch, part of his face showing. Youngmin watched as Sungyeol explained an equation for Kyungmi. He could see that for every few seconds he spoke, Sungyeol was leaning in closer to Kyungmi. Youngmin narrowed his eyes and formed a crystal ball with his hands. Holding it in his eyes lightly, he calculated his aim and threw the crystal ball towards Sungyeol’s back.

Without even looking, Sungyeol caught the crystal ball in his hand and turned around to look at the one who threw it. Youngmin ducked as quickly as possible. Narrowing his eyes, he looked around the living room. Seeing nothing, he crushed the crystal ball. Kyungmi noticed he wasn’t paying attention to their studies.

“Sungyeol, is there something wrong?” she asked concerned.

Sungyeol turned his attention back to her and shook his head, flashing a smile. Kyungmi blushed a little but looked away to hide it.

“It’s nothing. Let’s get back to Geometry, do you have any more questions?” he asked pointing at her worksheet.

“Actually, I need help with this question,” she pointed at one of the questions she was struggling with.

“I could help you with it,” A voice said coming from in front of them.

There stood Youngmin, who decided he would just straight out enter the scene to stop Sungyeol from flirting with his ‘girl’. Kyungmi looked up and glared at him.

“It’s fine, blonde idiot, Sungyeol can help me,” she snapped her head to the left, gesturing for him to leave.

Youngmin, however, wouldn’t back down. He walked over to the two and turned Kyungmi’s worksheet so he can have a look at the question.

“To find the volume of a sphere, you have to use the formula V=4/3πr3,” he said before putting the paper back to where it was, in front of Kyungmi.

She took the paper back and glared at him before using the formula Youngmin told her to. She answered the question quickly. Sungyeol, who watched the scene, scoffed. Youngmin crossed his arms and smirked at Sungyeol. Sungyeol narrowed his eyes.

“Well, thanks for the help, but she asked me for help, not you,” Sungyeol hissed, his red eyes glared.

“I happened to pass by and know the answer, so why not share the knowledge?” Youngmin said shrugging.

“Your knowledge isn’t needed,” Sungyeol retorted.

“Then why don’t I just hang with you guys? You won’t mind me. I’ll just be flying around,” Youngmin said and spread his wings, flying around the kitchen carelessly.

He lay on his arms and lied on the air, letting his wings fly him around while he rested. Kyungmi and Sungyeol didn’t say anything and continued to study.

 

It was finally time for Sungyeol to leave. Youngmin was still flying around in the same person. Gathering up his stuff, Sungyeol suddenly appeared at the door faster than ever. Kyungmi, who wasn’t expecting it, turned to look at Sungyeol in shock, but then laughed.

“You scared me for a bit. Sometimes I forget you’re a vampire Sungyeol,” she spread her wings and flew to the door.

Sungyeol smiled and her and opened the door. He bid his goodbyes and walked out the door. But before he actually left, Sungyeol turned around.

“Hey Kyungmi, are you free this weekend?” he asked.

Kyungmi was surprised. She wasn’t expecting that he would actually ever ask her that. She grew a little flustered and looked down at her shoes. Youngmin, who heard what Sungyeol said, opened on eye and tried to listen to what they were saying. After gaining some confidence, she looked up. Sungyeol still stood there, waiting for her response expectedly. A smile grew on her face.

“Of course I’m free! Why?”

“Well I was just wondering if you wanted to go see a movie with me.”

Youngmin’s eyes widened. Why was he asking out Kyungmi? Because he probably likes her stupid!

“Sure! Text me the details!” she said before closing the door.

She turned around and gasped in shock when she saw Youngmin standing right in front of her. Kyungmi put a hand to her chest.

“Yah, blonde idiot! Don’t do that! You almost gave me a heart attack!” she shouted.

Youngmin just stared at her closely.

“So I hear you’re busy with Sungyeol this weekend,” he stated.

He saw her flush a deep shade of red. She started fanning herself and looked away.

“Who said I was? And why do you care?” she stuttered.

“I did. And I don’t. I was just saying,” he spoke with his cold tone and flew back up again.

Kyungmi scoffed and walked to her room. Right when she shut the door, a huge grin formed onto Youngmin’s face.

Looks like I’ll be busy this weekend too.


Omg, I hope you don't hate me guys >.<' I haven't updated in like a month and I feel really bad. Like seriously. I'm hoping you guys haven't forgotten about this story! I just haven't had the time to update this story at the same time as my other one. I AM SO SORRY. >.<' Well school is starting soon... which means I'll either, have a lot of time to update after school and on weekends; or I won't have a lot of time to update during school days and only on weekends. Which ever one it is, I'll try to update this one more!!! 

-Li Mei <3, the horrible author.