Confused

And Don't You Forget It

"WAHHH!!! My hyungs are so cool!" The maknae of their group said, attempting to lighten up the slightly tense atmosphere that had fallen between the two "triple threats." He looked expectantly towards the other members, begging them to say something, anything. Getting the hint, the tallest of them spoke up.

"Yeah, what the other Sung guy said! You two are like our secret weapons! I mean, what other group has two people who can dance, sing and rap?"

This went on for quite some time, but Howon didn't feel reassured by any of it. Dongwoo was his competition. After all, what if Woollim suddenly decided that they only needed one of them? There couldn't possibly be enough room for the both of them in the group. This had been his dream ever since he could walk. If Woollim did decide that one of them wasn't needed, Howon was determined to be the one that stayed. He wouldn't let anything, not even Dongwoo, get in the way of his dream, because that was the most important thing.

But then a small nagging voice appeared in the back of his mind, saying just one word over and over and over again. Dongwoo. 

He slowly returned to the real world when one of the main vocalists, Woohyun, suddenly spoke up.

"Um, I'm just going to leave now. See you guys tomorrow." He said as he slowly back out of the room.

The others quickly followed suit. In a matter of seconds, Howon and Dongwoo were left alone.

Howon just stood there, staring at Dongwoo, whose lips were curved up in a teasing smile that became smaller and smaller with each passing second.

"Ho.....ya?"

Howon didn't know what to say, what to do, hell he didn't even know what to think. All his life, he'd always been one of a kind, the only one. Now, there was someone else who was like him. That, he just couldn't, no, wouldn't believe. He refused to acknowledge the other as someone of the same level as him. There was just no way that there could be two of them.

With that thought in mind, Howon brought his mind back to reality...only to take a quick step back as he finally took note of how close Dongwoo was to him. It seemed that in concern for him, Dongwoo had stepped towards Howon, eyebrows drawn in worry, as he frantically, almost comically, waved his hands in Howon's face.

"Hoya?"

Oh, right. He was supposed to talk wasn't he?

"Hmm? Sorry."

Dongwoo's eyes curved into those perfect moons again.

"It's okay Hooooooya! You do that a lot don't you?"

"I...I guess so."

Now that he thought about it, he had been zoning out quite a lot lately.

"Sooooooo.....what were you thinking about?"

A little startled, Howon turned to look at Dongwoo. Should he tell him the truth?

"I was thinking about how ugly you are, you crazy mental chipmunk laughed foreigner, " He said, making sure that his lips were curved into a perfect, be it very stiff, smile so that Dongwoo would know not to take him seriously.

Dongwoo didn't speak. He only stood there, frowning at Howon, making him panic. Why wasn't Dongwoo saying anything? A few more seconds, seconds that felt like hours to Howon, passed before Dongwoo finally opened his mouth to break the awkward silence.

"Yah Howon..."

Howon? Why the sudden use of his real name? It made him nervous. What unnerved him even more was the fact that there wasn't a single trace of humor in Dongwoo's eyes. In the short time that he knew him, Howon had already gotten used to seeing that sparkle in his warm eyes. The eyes he was staring into now were cold, painfully cold....It felt like Dongwoo wasn't even looking at him, even though Howon could clearly tell that his eyes were staring straight into his own.

"Don't force yourself. I hate it when people do that. If you don't want to talk to me, then don't. I'd rather you not put on some sorry excuse of an act around me, ok?"

Dognwoo finished with a smile. But this smile wasn't like the others. This smile didn't light up the room. This smile didn't make Howon's heart beat faster and his stomach flutter. This smile wasn't real.

And that made Howon's heart hurt.


Attempted to write something serious for a change. And for some reason I'm just not 100% satisfied with it.  I'm so sorry for the crappy chapter guys! :(

@nguyenamyblob Haha yay! I'm glad you found it funny. After writing these past few chapters, I keep thinking that they're really cheesy ><

@awannab Yup afraid so. XD Ahhh I can't believe how childish I've made them! I'm sorry if it seems a bit rushed.

@JadeYuki I COULDN'T STOP MYSELF! Lol after I wrote that part, I considered getting rid of it, but I just couldn't. XD

@hyunduel ........That's a good thing...right? If it's not....DON'T DIEEEEEEE!!!! *attempts to revive you*

@cminutebyminute awwww thank you! I'm glad you liked it! ^^

@Kyung_Minhwa Thanks! ^^ And I'm sorry this took so long. I know it's quite different from the others, but I hope that you enjoyed this chapter as well. :)