The Unexpected

And Don't You Forget It

For some reason, Howon just couldn't seem to stop staring at Dongwoo's smile. He was so engrossed in that smile that he didn't even notice it turn into a slight frown.

"Hoya? Hooooya! YAH! HOWON!"

He blinked. Once. Twice. Three times. And met the concerned gaze of the guy who had distracted him in the first place. He had forgotten about the newly given nickname. 

"What is it you foreign- Dongwoo?"

Dongwoo smiled once again before letting out a slight chuckle. This, Howon found out, was just as endearing as his high pitched chipmunk laugh.

"THE ROBOT SPEAKS!"

What the? What was he talking about now? Suddenly, Howon felt a slight sting in both of his cheeks.

"Ow! Dongwoo let go!"

He only laughed, his eyes curving into sparkling twin half moons. And Howon momentarily forgot about the pain. That is, until Dongwoo pinched even harder.

"Awwwww but I can't help it! You looked so cute all confused with your head tilted to the side like that! You looked like a puppy! Haha, Hoya the puppy!" He said in amusement, stretching Howon's now slightly red cheeks out. Howon was about to make a retort when he remembered something. He had to get to that meeting. God what time was it? He gave Dongwoo a shove that had come out a little stronger than he had intended and whipped out his cell phone, ignoring Dongwoo's confused face. The numbers on the screen glowed a bright purple.

9:24

His eyes widened. Oh God, he was so, so dead. Mumbling a quick, "I have to go" over his shoulder to Dongwoo, Hoya hurried into the Woollim Ent. building. As he ran into the lobby, he heard someone talking quite loudly.

"That's it! I'm tired of waiting! Let's just become a five member group!"

Howon panicked.

"I'm here!" He yelled as he bent over, hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath.

"I'm here." He repeated.

"Well it's about time. You're nearly a half hour late!" It was the same person from before. Howon straightened up, and looked for the owner of the voice. Once he spotted him, it was a little hard not to gape. This guy was tall. Really tall.

"I'm very sorry. I got side tracked and completely forgot about the time. Please forgive me!"

Another person stepped forward. This one wasn't as tall as the other, but he was very handsome. Howon guessed that he was to be the visual of the group.

"It's fine. Did you happen to see the last member of our group?"

Before Howon could answer him, a voice came out of nowhere, echoing in the room.

"HERE! I'M HERE!" Dongwoo shouted, slightly panting. His lips formed an all too adorable pout as he turned his attention to Howon.

"YAH! HOYA! Couldn't you have told me that we were late?"

Howon furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"W-Wait. You're a trainee too?"

Dongwoo smiled again. And Howon forgot about everything besides that beautiful angelic curve of the lips.

"Aish you babo! Why else did you think I was here for? To stand around hoping to be accused of being a foreigner?" Dongwoo said, that smile turning into a cheeky grin.

Howon gave Dognwoo a playful smack on the head as his cheeks took on a pinkish hue.

"Shut up! You're the babo!" He said, giving Dongwoo a wide smile.

"Ahem." Howon and Dongwoo immediately stopped their friendly banter and paid their attention to the only man wearing a suit.

"Now that all of you are here, let's get started. Follow me."

They were led to a small practice room and Howon felt at home. This was his territory. The man in the suit spoke again.

"Now the purpose of today is for the seven of you to get to know each others, and to get a good grasp of what each of you can do. Now I'll leave you to yourselves. You may leave whenever you decide to, but remember to report back here tomorrow, same time. And don't be late." He said, throwing a pointed glance in Howon and Dongwoo's direction. The man soon left, leaving an awkward silence to hang in the air.

"Um, I guess I'll start." Said a man with small eyes.

"Kim Sunggyu. Age 21, vocalist."

It continued like that until the only two left were Howon and Dongwoo. Dongwoo didn't seem to be getting up any time soon, as he seemed plenty occupied messing with the laces of his shoe, so Howon decided to introduce himself first.

"Lee Howon. I can dance, sing and rap. Anything you want me to do, I can do it."

He wasn't surprised when he saw the eyes of the others widen. What did surprise him was Dongwoo's challenging smile, no smirk. Howon watched closely as Dongwoo finally stood up and spoke.

"Jang Dongwoo. Dancer, Singer, Rapper. I'm a triple threat baby!" He finished with a playful grin directed towards Howon.

No way.  There was no way there was someone else who could do all he could. He had to be lying. He had to be.


This story was supposed to be serious and it was supposed to revolve around their rivalry, but as I started writing it, it turned out to be a rather light hearted and childish version of what I had originally intended. I think this is going to turn out to be a rather fluffy story about two adults who act like little kids. XD I hope all of you enjoy it nonetheless!