One and a Half Confessions

And Don't You Forget It

"Dongwoo hyung?" Dongwoo lifted his head at the mention of his name and smiled at the figure standing in front of him.

"Hoyaaaaaa!" He patted the spot next to him, gesturing for the other to sit down. "What's up? Do you need something?"

Howon stayed silent. He was still unsure on whether or not to tell the man in front of him what had just happened. Dongwoo would no doubt be upset, but he was also the only one who would know what to do...but still...

"Hoya? Hoooooya! Oh come on, not again! Hoooooooooooooyaaaaaaaaaaaa!" Dongwoo waved his hands frantically in front of Howon's face, a small pout starting to form on his lips. Why did this always happen? After a few more moments of trying to snap him out of his trance-like state, Dongwoo gave up. He got up from the floor to go grab something to drink, but paused when he heard Howon mumbling softly.

"Did you say something Hoya?" No reply. "Well, ok then." Dongwoo started to head back to the kitchen.

"Wait!" Dongwoo turned back around, looking at Howon expectantly. The other's head was down, but he continued speaking nonetheless.

"Myungsoo. It's Myungsoo. I went to your room looking for you, but all I heard was crying. Myungsoo's crying. When I opened the door...I.....He...He looked fragile, and his eyes were red. I didn't know what to do and he begged me not to tell anyone, especially not you, but..." Howon raised his head, but Dongwoo was already gone.


Dongwoo ran to the white door that led to the room he shared with Myungsoo, and immediately reached for the door knob. Locked. He could hear shuffling on the other side and a few muffled sobs. Ok, now he was even more worried. Myungsoo almost never cried. Whatever was bothering him, it was serious. Taking a deep breath to calm himself, Dongwoo stepped closer to the door and spoke just loud enough for the other to hear him.

"Myunggie? It's me. I need to get something." More shuffling. "Myunggie? Can you let me in?" Everything feel silent on the other side. Dongwoo pressed his ear to the door. Nothing. "Myungsoo!" The door swung open, revealing a smiling Kim Myungsoo. Dongwoo had to keep himself from flinching. That smile was fake.

"What do you need hyung?" Dongwoo didn't answer. Myungsoo's eyes were red and puffy, and there were still a few traces of tears left on his cheek. Without a word, he gently pushed the other back into their room, closing the door behind them. Myungsoo's eyes widened. "Hyung? What's wrong?"

Dongwoo turned to face him, face stern. "I should be the one asking you that Myunggie. What's the matter? Did something happen?"

"Not at all hyung! I was just brushing up on my acting skills." His eyes shone with innocence, but Dongwoo knew better.

Bringing Myungsoo to sit down on the floor, he kneeled in front of him, looking straight into the other's eyes.

"Myunggie-ah. Remember when you said that I can't fool you?" Myungsoo gave a tiny nod. "Well it goes both ways you know. You can't fool me either, especially not when you're like this. So tell me. What's wrong? You're not the kind of person to cry over just anything."

Myungsoo bit his lip. He didn't want Dongwoo to know, but he really couldn't think of anything else to say.

"It's really nothing hyung."

Dongwoo's eyes narrowed. "Kim Myungsoo. What did I just say? You can't fool me." Myungsoo cast his eyes downward. Dongwoo didn't know just how many times he'd been tricked by the other.

"It really is nothing hyung. Just an aching heart is all." He looked up, eyes watery. Dongwoo was looking straight back at him. "That's all it is. My heart's just..." And then the tears began to leak out. "M-My...It hurts. So much." Dongwoo's own eyes began to water. He didn't like seeing the person he considered his brother like this. He pulled the younger into a tight hug.

"Shhhhh. It's ok. You don't have to say anything. I'm here for you. If you want me to beat up whoever it is that's causing you to be like this, then I will. But for now, just cry. I'll lend you my shoulder for as long as you need it." Dongwoo whispered into Myungsoo's ear, rubbing soothing circles on the other's back.

Myungsoo sobbed, the tears coming out one after the other. I know you will hyung, but as soon as Howon comes around, you'll be gone.


Myungsoo sighed. Dongwoo had gone to the kitchen to get them some water and a few midnight snacks, leaving him alone with his thoughts.

"Pabo." He whispered into the room. "Pabo pabo pabo."

"Myungsoo?" His head snapped up. That wasn't Dongwoo's voice.

"S-Sungyeol. I'm sorry. Did we wake you up?" Sungyeol shook his head. "Then do you need something?" Myungsoo asked, not sure why the other was in his room.

Sungyeol paused for a second, before cocking his head to one side and speaking.

"You like Dongwoo hyung don't you?"

Myungsoo froze.


"Hyung!"

Dongwoo jumped, nearly spilling the glass of water he had been holding in his hand. "Howon! You should be getting some rest right now. We have a long day tomorrow, you know." He carefully set down the glass, smiling as he leaned back against the counter.

"I know, but I really wanted to ask you about Myungsoo. Is he alright?" Howon's eyes shone with concern, making Dongwoo's smile unconciously grow even larger.

"He's fine now. Thank you for telling me though. He looked so broken when I saw him, like someone had taken his heart and squeezed it. I...I just don't ever want to see him like that again. I don't want to see any of you like that, not Myungsoo, not Sunggyu hyung, not Woohyun, not Sungyeol and Sungyeol, and especially not you."

There was a strange feeling in Howon's chest. It was a warm feeling, strong, but not overwhelming. Seeing Dongwoo like that, so selfless and caring for him and the other members just made him feel so...so...

"Hyung saranghae."


"Ah. I see." Sungyeol drawled out after listening to Myungsoo talk. "So you love Dongwoo hyung, but you're scared to confess to him because he likes Howon so much that you don't want to ruin that?" Myungsoo nodded numbly, eyes blank. Sungyeol took a deep breath.

"Well the way I see it Myungsoo, you deserve a shot at happiness too, don't you think? I mean, I know you want to let Dongwoo and Howon be happy, but what about you? What if Dongwoo would choose you after all?"

"H-He wouldn't. He loves Howon too much to choose me." Myungsoo said softly, earning him a slap on the head. "Ow!  What was that for?!" He was met with the sight of a glaring Sungyeol.

"It is exactly that kind of pessimistic attitude that pisses me off. How do you know he won't choose you when you haven't even tried, huh? And even if he doesn't choose you over Howon, wouldn't you rather know that than spending the rest of your life thinking about the what if's?"

Myungsoo was stunned. He really didn't want to get in the way of Dongwoo and Howon, but Sungyeol had a point. If he didn't confess to Dongwoo, then he would spend the rest of his life in regret. And if Dongwoo didn't choose him, then yes it would hurt, but at least he'd know. With that, he ran out of the room. Sungyeol managed a small smile.

"And if he's crazy enough not to choose you Myungsoo, then you will always have me."


This was it. He was going to tell Dongwoo. There, he was almost to the kitchen.

"Dongwoo hy-"

"Hyung saranghae." Myungsoo's eyes widened and he stopped by the door. H-Howon. He just. No. No!

"Haha I love you too Hoya~" Dongwoo said. Howon gathered what little courage he had left and stared straight into the elder's beautiful sparkling eyes.

"No hyung. I love you. I love you not as a friend or a brother, but as a man. I love you."

Dongwoo was in a daze. Was this really happening? Was the one he loved truly confessing to him? This was a prank wasn't it? But there was so much sincerity in Howon's gaze. This couldn't possibly be a joke. Even if it was, Dongwoo was so happy he wasn't even sure he'd mind. With the widest smile he had ever given in his life, Dongwoo lunged at the other, enveloping him in a loving hug.

"I love you too Lee Howon."

On the other side of the door, Myungsoo slid down to the floor with tears streaming down his face and a shattered heart.


.......................................Oh my goodness it's been forever since the last chapter. I'm so sorry guys. I know I'm a horrible author for being so inconsistent with my updates, and I'm so surprised you guys are still with me. Thank you so much. Saranghae ♥~

Ok...unchecking the hide chapter box now...Hope you guys enjoy!