Them: Evanescere

Evanescere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue: 

Always

 

Evanescere -- latin origin of the word, "evanesce" which means, "to dissipate in vapor." Is love really a daydream? Why does it end? How come the things that are beautiful are the ones to disappear? Is it all just a hoax? Would one simply content himself/herself with the "almost" even if deep down, we all know that almost is never good enough?

The truth is simple: we're scared. That's all that there is. We're too damn scared to say the things worth saying that we let other people and circumstances dictate our actions and in the end, everyone else decides for us but ourselves. We'll continue living in denial until such time it'll wear off and our pain would be exposed. What then? You see, we try to make amends for things we thought couldn't be fixed even if in the first place, it was never really broken. We try to take matters into our own hands and do everything we can to make it all go away. To have these emotions dissipate into vapor as easy as one, two, three. 

However, none of those would work, because the truth is undeniable: when you're with the right person, it's impossible to do anything wrong, and if you're with the wrong person, no matter what you do, it won't be right. We've made a lot of choices, most of it were questionable, but some, especially the most crucial ones, were wrong. As time and circumstances proved, sometimes the wrong choices bring us to the right places; and that's exactly how we found each other again.

We could've been just an "almost," but we took the risk, jumped off the cliff, and survived. Our past is all but a "photograph" that captured the essence of a blossoming love. It could've stayed the way it is, but we knew that it'll never be enou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter