Her: Lost

Evanescere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was raining really hard and yet I kept running. I should know better than to allow myself to be drenched in the rain, but right now, I needed this escape. 

"SEOHYUN-AH!!! COME BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!!! YAH! YOU'LL CATCH A COLD! At least let me drive you home! Your manager will scold me! Yah!"

I heard him call out from afar. I stopped in my tracks and looked back at him one last time, half-hoping that somehow I'd feel something. A spark. A missed heartbeat. Butterflies. Anything at all just so I could prove to myself that I'm over him. That I'm 100% over that guy with the cute snaggletooth and perfect nose. That I am no longer affected by a certain rockstar with warm brown eyes. I tried and tried but I knew that the case was closed. It's been game over the minute I stepped inside that lobby one late night in February. I shook my head in an effort to clear my mind of those foggy memories that haunt me. I tried to concentrate on the now but I couldn't. I just couldn't. My stubborness refused to relent and still, I forced myself to feel something. Anything! In the end, there was nothing. I lost to myself once more. 

I waited for a second for him to make a move. The least he could do to make me feel a little better was to literally run after me, letting himself be soaked by the unforgiving downpour, and get on his knees to beg. A little over the top dramatic but I can't help it. I am, after all, still a girl. Of the three, he only got one right and he's not even exerting that much effort on it. He actually looks pathetic and snobbish with the way his manager and coordi noonas were helplessly shielding him from the rain. My anger fueled with the way his dedicated sasaengs kept fanning his already overinflated ego. 

"Stop being difficult. If you don't want Dispatch or The Fact to make a mess out of this, then come along with me. The last thing I need is a dating scandal to kill my career."

The last thing he needs? Who the gives a damn about what he needs and what he doesn't? Shouldn't he have thought of that before asking me out? More importantly, shouldn't I have been smart enough to know this? That he's just some loser who wants to cash in on my hard-earned popularity? Well then, I guess it's true. It takes two to tango, and I'm the one who's going to be left with the damage if I don't walk away from this soon enough. Like, now. I'm tempted to give him the bad finger but that's so unbecoming for a girl like me and no matter what, I still have an image to protect. An image that cost me my childhood and freedom, and until recently, the man that I love. 

I laughed bitterly as I waved my hand, turned around, and ran. I never even bothered to say goodbye. He doesn't deserve it anyway. He doesn't and never will deserve any part of me. He should be thankful enough that I managed to stand going on two dates with him. Two dates that I paid for. I'm driven by emotions. I ran until my feet could take no more. I ran until I was out of breath. I ran until my eyes blurred from the tears and the rain that I could barely see the pathway. I ran and I ran until I had nowhere else to go. I ran until I was so sure that I'd collapse until in the end, I accidentally ran into him. Or at least I hope I did.

The impact was so strong that if he wasn't swift enough, I would've completely made a spectacle in public. Not that I care. My agency would block those articles for me. 

"Whoa. Slow down. Are you okay, miss? Are you hurt?"

No. I'm not okay. And yes, I am hurt. Far more than what I could take. 

"Miss? Gwenchana?"

I stiffened upon hearing his voice. I was shaking and nervous and excited and I don't know what to do anymore. Is he a dream? Is this real? Or is my sanity starting to give up on me too? He held me closer and pulled his mask lower so I could see his face. It really is him. Jung Yonghwa.

"Hyun...? What? How? Never mind. Let's go get you inside before you end up sick."

I didn't realize then that we were standing outside of his apartment building. I shook my head and harshly pushed him away. I may be emotionally screwed up right now but I'm still consciously aware of the possibility of lurking paparazzis. The last thing I need is to be photographed enter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter