Him: Color

Evanescere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Alive. Breathing. Deliriously overjoyed. Ecstatic. That's what I feel right now. It feels like I'm in a state of an endless euphoria;  like a soul stuck in the in-between of life and death where there's no pain, sadness and regrets. I'm afraid that another minute in this paradise and I might not want to go back to the reality that is life. But then again, I have decided, have I not? To put an end to our misery. To bridge the gap that others have created for us. To change things so that it's no longer a "her" and a "me" but an "us."  

Not a word has been said since we decided to take a walk when the rain has subsided. With fingers intertwined, I knew that nothing could be more perfect than this. I wish I could freeze this moment and take a picture of it. I wish and I hope I could preserve this memory for the rest of my life. I want every detail of this to be imprinted in my brain, from the way the sun creates this prism of colors across the sky, how a dew decorates the flowers adorning the park, the sound of laughter of the children playing, and so on and so forth. This simple yet beautiful image of Hyun and I, holding hands, as we take a casual stroll on the street. 

Though our disguises were in place, I knew that beneath that mask, her face is hiding that beautiful beautiful smile. I know from the way her eyes would twinkle whenever I happen to catch her stealing glances at me. I know from the way her forehead creases as she unsuccessfully tries to suppress her feelings. I know from the way her palms sweat and how she tenses then relaxes whenever I'd playfully bump her shoulder with mine. I don't know how I know. I just do. 

I guess it's part of the package. Perhaps it comes along with finally meeting that one person we all spend our lifetime to find. Fortunately for me, it took only twenty two years. Or maybe it stems from being in love with someone for so long that even with every hurdle designed to keep us further apart, I only craved to close in the distance. I'm not as smart as Seo Joohyun so I can't really put into words what I feel for her no matter how hard I tried. All I know is that this is the kind of love that doesn't fade as time passes by. It's the kind of love that we all thought was foolish and too idealistic. It's the kind of love we all secretly long for, before life taught us to hope for something less.  It's the kind of love that I thought ceased to exist until she came along and proved me wrong. It's the kind of love I never thought I deserved. In short, I found everything I was looking for and mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter